Thank you Ford GT Forum! Welcoming M007 2021 Daytona Heritage on a sunny day in Southern California.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Curiosity killed the cat. Randy, you are falling down on the job. Where are the good looking women?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Curiosity killed the cat. Randy, you are falling down on the job. Where are the good looking women?

Haha. Just had the fun of participating in four car related events in the last 3 consecutive weekend days. Like a mini rally!

Part time job in itself just keeping the bicyclists, kids, adults, and strollers from snapping off a mirror inadvertently.

Of course, one of our GT brothers today had a random Tequila company literally set up a branded EZ-UP a couple feet behind his car for an impromptu commercial shoot. LOL.

At the Sat night show, I was with a GT Owner, and a woman asked us to move away from his car so that she could take her selfie with friends. LOL! The savagery!

Wouldn't trade it for anything. NFGT still creating excitement like few things else 4 years into the production run!

I did have a professional fire performer photo shoot on Saturday before the car show, but I followed the safety rules and kept the Heritage a couple cities away and safe from Open Flames!

Today we were at Supercars by the Sea and also caught and displayed at the tail end of a huge 1,000 muscle car cruise.

KellyFire.jpgSXS Show 21-4991.jpgSXS Show 21-5022.jpg

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
great photos Syco!

Ed

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Veronica-0001895.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That's better.

Reactions: Roadtrip

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
More fire to you Frank!

KellyFire-8513.jpg

Reactions: digman1 and Ed Sims

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha ha, have you got her phone number? We are planning a birthday party for Special Ed.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Break-in miles complete, first dealer oil change complete. Back to hanging with the cool kids. Pagani Huayra Roadster parked next to me.

Shady21-0002422.jpg

Reactions: canibl

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A few more pics.Shady21-0002423.jpgShady21-0002426.jpgShady21-0002429.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Sometimes life gets in the way.

YunniFIN98-0002935.jpg

Reactions: canibl and Ed Sims

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yunni is a car enthusiast and fashion model. She maintains and drives a Mazda Miata, Porsche Cayman GTS, and newly acquired FJ Cruiser.

She wanted to do some blogs on the Ford GTs.

YunniFIN98-0002969.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ha ha, have you got her phone number? We are planning a birthday party for Special Ed.
Is it a surprise party?

Ed

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Curiosity killed the cat.

Looks like the cat is alive and well. Meet Winston. His owner apparently trained him to pose.

TustinLegacy-0003632.jpg

TustinLegacy-0003637.jpg

Reactions: extrap

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
At the Cars in the Canyon show at the Yanks Air Museum in Chino, CA.

KaylaD-00035RD.jpg

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Looks like the cat is alive and well. Meet Winston. His owner apparently trained him to pose.

View attachment 64260

View attachment 64261
He looks pretty grumpy.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Cars in the Canyon Show was held at the Yanks Air Museum in Chino, California.

CinC-0003517.jpg

CinC-0003549.jpg

CinC-0003582.jpg

CinC-0003603.jpg

CinC-0003531.jpg

Reactions: canibl and Ed Sims

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Approaching almost a year since initial delivery of this incredible car. Driving to the Arizona Ford GT Rally in the car was a fun trip for sure! Who says you can't road trip across states in a street legal endurance race car? More relaxing than 24 Hours at LeMans for sure.

I also have been enjoying local shows too, with as wide a variety as possible. The big shows are fun, but I also enjoy the smaller enthusiast oriented shows just as much, perhaps even more. No need to watch as beach going cyclists ride their bikes between show cars, people about to lean up with dangling purses, belts and cameras. LOL.

Last night, I took my older son and the Heritage out to a JDM type meet, with a heavier focus on Japanese Domestic Market cars. There was one other domestic sportscar, a C7 Corvette, but otherwise all foreign and european makes and models. Recently, test drove a Civic Type R with my son, and it was really fun. I've never owned a Japanese Sportscar, all Fords, Domestic and European builds for me. (And a 70's Pontiac GTO).

Friendly crowd showed genuine interest in the car. None of the occasional ignorant or passively hostile questions, just a genuine desire to appreciate and learn about the car and Ford program, as far as I could sense.

And the owner of a CAD Design and 3D Fabrication company, was intrigued by the high quality fit and finish of the bare carbon hood. He even offered my son the chance to drive his modified GR Supra 3.0. He gave a thrilling ride instead. Note that he designed his livery with asymmetrical influence/execution as well with the blue accents/stripes.

So, fun to take these cars into different places, where they might not normally be seen. Five years later, and people still have never seen a modern NFGT in person. It's fun to change that, one person at a time.

Bday'22rsw-2686lo.jpg

Bday'22rsw-2691.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg
Bday'22rsw-0494.jpg

Attachments

• Bday'22rsw-0494.jpg
    Bday'22rsw-0494.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 1

GSix

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 27, 2021
Chicagoland
Amazing, Congratulations

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Congrats 👍 If I ever write my story it could almost be a copy paste of yours. It truly is an extraordinary experience we have gotten by getting into the Ford GT Forum group of great people 🙏❤️🙏 your Heritage is just spectacular! Enjoy in good health

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
FYI, I just saw today that there are neat Ford GT98 T-Shirts available on the Ford Collection website. I have never seen these before. Much of the Heritage 98 gear seems to have been long gone, but that would be great if more becomes available or the former stuff is supplied again.

I quickly ordered one for me and my older son. The sizes that remain are rapidly disappearing! Also there is a nice Ford GT baseball caps in black with a silver logo.

Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 6.10.51 PM.gif