Thank you Ford GT Forum! Welcoming M007 2021 Daytona Heritage on a sunny day in Southern California.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
It's been a long journey. First off, I must say it's more than a bit overwhelming. 15 years ago, after much search and deliberation, I became the original owner of a 2006 Black stripe delete Ford GT. What a great road that has been. I had never even sat in one, but knew instantly from seeing that Superbowl commercial so long ago, that it really was "The One." You purchase it knowing it's all about the car and that there will never be another one like it. And then, I found this forum, attended my first Rally in Newport Beach, and it was a such a small quirky affair and I knew exactly no one prior to arriving at the venue. And you learn that it's not just about the car, that it's about this community, of drivers, mechanics, enthusiasts, racers, and collectors, and that the love of Ford and the love of the GT, the history, it joins us all together in something that is much greater than it's individuals. This experience alone has been exceptional.

Then, this second iteration of the modern GT comes about. It's born not only as a tribute to a storied racecar, IT IS a racecar. And you tell yourself it's insanely expensive, it's a street legal racecar, it has a V6 engine, it doesn't look like the original at all. You ponder 1,000 reasons why no rational individual would ever need one. You wonder if you should you even apply? And of course, there is a clear answer. Yes, of course.

So...I do apply. And I get rejected in the first round with 6,500+ applying. And that's disappointing. And I'm sad for a while. But also, reasonably expected. I mean there's a lot of very qualified people applying for a very limited number of cars. And Ford made the car and has the right to allocate it however they see fit. And the fact that they even put forth the effort, meant there was a chance to dream, and a chance for some good friends to realize their dreams. I certainly did not ever expect another Ford GT to be made when I picked up my 2006, new in wrapper. So this is all just bonus.

And I attend the rallies, and I'm genuinely happy to see Ford GT Forum members receiving their well deserved NFGTs. And I am still so lucky and pleased with my 2006 Ford GT. And you know what, I can't remember everyone who got a new one or didn't, and no one really asks or cares. We are all still members and it's really the same great community that it always was. What car you own or don't own makes no difference.

News is released that Ford is increasing production numbers and there will be a second chance. Woah. I had just reconciled my emotions and convinced myself that I am totally fine and fortunate as things are. Should I even apply again? I mean, in some ways, it's harder to decide to re-apply, than it was to apply during the first round. But of course, the heart wants what the heart wants, and deep down I know that we are not put here on this earth to not try, to not reach for the stars. Fellow forum members are supportive and encourage me to hang in there and give it another shot. So, I do. I don't think I excel in any of the areas on the application, but I do feel that I am well rounded overall in many of the areas. Will that be enough? Again, who knows, but since Ford is offering the chance, I will give it my best. I will hope that my desire and sincerity show through.

Then, I travel to France for the first time in my life, and I watch the NFGTs race at Le Mans, and it's a treat I will never forget. Ford lets us in the hot pits. I don't even own a NFGT. It doesn't matter. I get an incredible life experience just the same. I feel connected to the effort, the racing, the spirit.

Wow. The day comes, and I receive the email. It's scary, after receiving the rejection email a couple years before, but this time, it's the good one. I print it out immediately as if it's going to disappear off the server or be lost or somehow be revoked. LOL, it never disappears. And the path begins. And it's a long time off, but it's a very enjoyable wait. I read every book I can both backwards and forwards about all of the Ford GT's, the racers, the company. I talk to everyone that owns one, and their expectations, experiences. It's all very exciting. The concierge, the configurator, the order kit. The option to apply for the specific factory options arrive, and again, a time of deliberation. The Heritage becomes an option. And wow, just the attention to detail, the design, the thoughtfulness in being a true tribute to the Ford story and Daytona, and Ken Miles and Lloyd Ruby and this historical landmark in the GT's achievements. And again, a lot of deliberation, and the decision to go for it.

Please forgive these crude photos, there will be many many more photos to come. I will start an instagram just for this car itself, to share the images and experience when I can. The car itself is literally stunning. The subtle details, the way that the exposed carbon gently reveals itself in subtle and unexpected, but appreciated ways. The boldness of the red interior. The way the glossy white is mixed with touches of black, carbon, and red. How it's all painted and not stickers. The quality of the paint itself. This was made with passion.

Thank you Dave, Chip, and each of my longtime and supportive friends here at the Ford GT Forum. Without you, this would never even have been possible. Thank you Ford, for making the effort and coming up with a process where truly anyone could have a chance to put a historical and modern, no, a legendary supercar in their garage that can driven on the track or the street with much enjoyment. Thank you Michael and Sean, my immensely well informed and available Ford GT Concierges, thank you Kevin Koshkarian for all your expertise and thoughtful generousity throughout the process, and thank you Steve Coates, Delivery Concierge for your enthusiasm and taking the time to properly welcome this complex and beautiful work of art to our lives. A photo of the view shared with Kevin, Steve, and my family braving the chilly evening coastal weather for our celebration dinner...(Sorry my east coast friends!)

When M007 arrived yesterday, I can genuinely express that it exceeded even my highest expectations.

Thank you all for a dream fulfilled.

NFGTdelivery-1972.jpgNFGTdelivery-1974.jpgNFGTdelivery-1998.jpgNFGT-0000795.jpgNFGT-0000805 copy.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I did have a chance to take a photo of the undeniably amazing rear end yesterday.

NFGT-0000784b.jpg

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
WOW! What an incredible-looking piece of machinery there! I loved reading the narrative -I can completely relate to almost all of it. Congratulations!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thank you Clint! Looking forward to meeting you and your car enthusiast family someday in the future.

Love your stunning off-palette Mark IV Red Carbon Series '21, what a beauty.

Now we are both anxiously awaiting our clear protective wraps, so we can drive these beauties!

Reactions: DakotaGT

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Whoo Hoo!! Elated for you Randy! The hardest part of being a new NFGT owner is waiting for the paint to cure and it to be wrapped. Enjoy!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Amazing car! Will look forward to following the IG page when it’s up and running!

Reactions: SYCO GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thank you Ken! It's up, but just trying to sort through all the content and get it up there. The formatting is the challenge with instagram, as it doesn't naturally accommodate certain length / width ratios. So, I'll have to look for some templates or other work around without destroying the artistic intent. Please follow now or later at instagram @heritageGT007 and appreciate the interest.

Reactions: Special K

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I am so glad you shared your story, it resonates and comes from the heart. I can't wait to see more pics, so far WOW! Excellent livery, best yet! and it carries the lucky #7 vin :) Congrats

Mike

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That asymmetrical red scheme is awesome (y) :cool:

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Damn Randy! That is one SEXY looking car! Congratulations and so well-deserved my friend! Can't wait to see it in person. Hope you're well!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Steve told me that he was going to deliver another Heritage on Tuesday, " out west". Now we know where.

Congratulations!

But, I'd better go out to my garage and make sure that mine is still there. That's the same position in the van that mine was.

I like your environment better that 2 feet of snow. I think I would at least be tempted to take it slowly around the block, without Expel, just to get some sense of what it will be like to actually drive it. So far, all I can do is sit in it and try to figure out all the electronics. Just a bit different from the '06!

The mystery of VINs still prevails. Why was 017 delivered before 007? Was 007 built before 017? Who knows, or who cares?

Important thing is that you've got one, after all the emotions you described in you narrative. Should be all uphill from here.

Again, congratulations, and enjoy the heck out of it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congratulations Randy! Please tell me you are going to drive it and not flip it!

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
I LOVE your story. It is so well written, and all too familiar. What an incredibly blessed journey. Congratulations...it looks amazing!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congratulations Randy! Please tell me you are going to drive it and not flip it!

Haha. Just waiting for the clear wrap so I can drive it. At least I can take some photos while it's waiting! I still have my 2006 Ford GT, so that should tell you that I intend to keep it. (Or maybe buyers refuse to buy it since it has been autographed by "the Roketman" himself).

Reactions: roketman

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
That looks perfect !

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Steve told me that he was going to deliver another Heritage on Tuesday, " out west". Now we know where.

The mystery of VINs still prevails. Why was 017 delivered before 007? Was 007 built before 017? Who knows, or who cares?

Important thing is that you've got one, after all the emotions you described in you narrative. Should be all uphill from here.

Yes, so many variables. Also consider different production times for different vehicles and VINs will always be a mystery. At least we know they are not waiting around sequentially to finish one car after the other. Imagine how long that would increase production.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Thanks Randy for using us to complete your GT purchase! It was great catching up, meeting the family and having a great dinner with some incredible views. First 2021 Heritage for us and man that GT is spectacular in person. So much work must go into that one with all the exterior details. The print we had Garen do for you turned out awesome. Hope you enjoy your new GT and get to drive it often! E91BA4CD-6D4E-4E04-ADD8-9F9FB199A253.jpegE41D22E8-5A8E-4DC0-9B0C-A2F57CFE9A89.jpeg2C851392-56D8-43CE-97ED-80B3B1C08D6B.jpeg08861601-BC25-42BC-97AD-5D74C8A63F8F.jpegBB3B4B0E-53EF-4F6D-B6A5-013EFDFAB18F.jpeg

Last edited:

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Nice Randy. The only thing cooler than an all black GT is THAT.

Reactions: SYCO GT and JWZ

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations Randy, wow, what a beautiful livery! Here’s to many miles and years of happiness with your new girl!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Randy, CONGRATS!!

And great score with double o seven!