Texas Mile Report from Hunter (14)

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
My dad and I took time out of our spring turkey hunt in south Texas to see and visit some of our fellow forum friends at "The Texas Mile" on Friday. Here are a few speeds (we noted) and pictures from the event. Please update your speed stats if you participated! Congrats to Mark for his 267MPH run on saturday! Will post more pictures later incluidong gary F's gulf heritage which went somewhere in the 180s and Mark H's car too. -HunterIMG_3147.jpgIMG_3174.jpgIMG_3180.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3185.jpg
    IMG_3185.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_3227.jpg
    IMG_3227.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 386

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
PS The Pulcinella car posted a 230.7 mph today when we were there. a great run from our friends who trailered all the way from Calgary Alberta. The car had a Kenne Bell supercharger and a really cool water cooloing system including a big water tank in place of the passenger seat. Steve's silver car we heard cracked 200mph...awesome.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
It was a pleasure to meet you and your Dad Hunter

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
PS The Pulcinella car posted a 230.7 mph today when we were there. a great run from our friends who trailered all the way from Calgary Alberta. The car had a Kenne Bell supercharger and a really cool water cooloing system including a big water tank in place of the passenger seat. Steve's silver car we heard cracked 200mph...awesome.

That explains the meth tank mounted where the supercharger coolant can normally goes. I assume you had plenty of ice water the tank to last the run.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

would luv to see some pix of that tank and a vid of the run :cool

930shark

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2008
The car ran flawlessly. I'd like to thank everyone who made this happen starting with Mike Lee from MRL, Mike from L&M engines, John Lund for all the tuning, Greg Phillips for doing a great job keeping it straight and safe, Kenne Bell for supplying us with the 4,2 and all their support! What a unit. Let's hope he starts making these available for the rest of us. last but not least Mario Brun for getting the car there in 2 days! Unbelievable. I'm proud of what we accomplished and so pumped that we found so many places we can improve on the package. The car has a lot more in it and we plan to be back in October.

930shark

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2008
I almost forgot about Sean from SMC and Casey Cook and their whole team! with out you guys we wouldn't be there for sure! I can't wait to return the hospitality when we come back!

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
It was a pleasure to meet you also! Congrats on 200+!!! -Hunter

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Magics Heritage GT.Pictures of Marks car will be posted later today! -Hunterphoto (3).jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Here are a few pics of Mark's car and of Dolph's car.IMG_3190.jpgIMG_3189.jpgIMG_3193.jpgIMG_3195.jpgIMG_3239.jpg

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/03/worlds-fastest-camaro-crashes-at-220-mph-during-texas-mile-run/ Wanted to add this to illustrate how dangerous these speeds can be. My best to Kelly Bise and his driver Joey Huneycutt...great competitors.

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
What a bad ass weekend. Met a pile of awesome people and I will echo what 930shark already said. We couldnt have pulled this off without all thr help and support we received. Congrats to Mark and crew on the new record and hope to see the LMR crew back at it soon.

Video of our 230.7 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_AaqFoxRo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Great run!

There's a bit of a bump at near the end of the course isn't there?

Are you pushing a NOS button under the steering wheel with your right hand?

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
Great run!

There's a bit of a bump at near the end of the course isn't there?
Are you pushing a NOS button under the steering wheel with your right hand?

Lol yeah we were going to spray it.....were the key word. Bottle was not on. On the next run we activated the nitrous. ...however by the logs it only came on for a second and then shut off. Once the car is back in canada I'll figure out why the system shut down. I suspect the wot switch on the pedal lost contact. The last pass was 230.6 and yes a big bump at the end.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
How big of a shot were you planning to use? If you got that working you would have had a big bump in speed.

Almost everyone uses a WOT switch on the gas pedal. Any reason why not tap the TPS and use that instead of adding another switch? Of course you would need a small circuit to compare voltage and an adjustment of when to turn on.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
looks like you were trying to spray it in 4th and 5th gear. how much rwhp does your GT dyno with or without the sauce?

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
How big of a shot were you planning to use? If you got that working you would have had a big bump in speed.

Almost everyone uses a WOT switch on the gas pedal. Any reason why not tap the TPS and use that instead of adding another switch? Of course you would need a small circuit to compare voltage and an adjustment of when to turn on.

We had a 75 shot set up....yeah I'm not a fan of tapping into primary control components if I don't need to. The system was functioning in the shop before we left but I suspect that the shear violence of the passes may have misadjusted the switch slightly. Tapping into the tp can cause slight voltage drop in the circuit....not a huge deal and I will redesign the setup for next time. Most likely we would have picked up 5-10mph if it would have worked. As the car builder I really wanted to know what the car was capable of all boost anyway.

Lol after we had made the first 230 pass I was very happy....the typical high 5 yells and screams....on the next run when the nitrous was supposed to come on....the time came up 230 again. I remember after the speed came up I just looked down and started heading to the pits. One of the event organizers grabbed my shoulder and said..."you're telling me you are walking away disappointed with another 230mph pass?" Lol.....I really wanted to see 235+....but I guess 2 230 passes is alright ;)

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
but I guess 2 230 passes is alright ;)

It's more than "alright" :)