Texas Mile - March, 2007 - Anyone Going?

Mar 15, 2006
John, Are you taking that beautiful Comp Coupe to run? What kind of speed are you shooting for?

Good luck to both John and Joe,
Nate

yes, we plan on having it there. not sure what it will run. we ran one of our street vipers to 217.9 mph under good conditions with about 1000 rw hp. the comp coupe makes more power and weighs less but its aero has not been sorted out and we dont know what kind of track conditions we will have in goliad. so no predictions at this point other than we will give it our best shot.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The Hennesy Viper can blow the tires off all the way up to 3rd gear. So, the track surface condition will have a large impact on how well the tires stick and off course top speed and time.

Michellin and Pirelli are now making tires that are speed rated up to 220 mph. Considering Joe and Hennesey's car, they will soon be needed.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i will have to pass on the texas mile since our driver broke his wrist

sorry fellas

JOE

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

sorry fellas

JOE

Ah CRAP Joe.....:frown I was going just to see the beast run and the mods you added.

Joe let's re-group in Maxton on May 19th! Think the drivers wrist will be healed by then? With the cage the 140MPH limit can be blown away!:cheers

Mar 15, 2006
Ah CRAP Joe.....:frown I was going just to see the beast run and the mods you added.

Joe let's re-group in Maxton on May 19th! Think the drivers wrist will be healed by then? With the cage the 140MPH limit can be blown away!:cheers

Maxton is March 31 - April 1. www.ecta-lsr.com

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Maxton is March 31 - April 1. www.ecta-lsr.com

If the driver just broke his wrist - March 31st might me to early.

May still will be somewhat cooler compared to the summer runs if Joe can get an early run...

Might take a run down in March though and see the landing strip - Maxton is about ~1 1/2 hrs from Raleigh..

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
I am planning on the fall event :D

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

sorry fellas

JOE

Sorry to hear that Joe. What was Tony doing? I guess I'll punt till next year also.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Piko6, have you checked with the Texas Mile people to make sure your cage will satisfy them? You don't want to go through all the trouble of going there and then have them turn you down.

They had no problem with the basic 4 pt cage in my Lingenfelter ZR-1. This was back in '04 when the cage was required to run 175+.

Might try to come down....would be great to meet you GT guys.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
They had no problem with the basic 4 pt cage in my Lingenfelter ZR-1. This was back in '04 when the cage was required to run 175+.

Might try to come down....would be great to meet you GT guys.

that ZR-1 you got there sounds like a pretty sweet car with those lingenfelter mods. how much power does this car have and how fast did it go? got any pix or vidz?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Fast Freddy,

The LPE 415 stroker makes 550 rwhp with a 12.0:1 CR on pump gas. I went 184.5 mph to win the unlimited class in 10/04 without the benefit of an aftermarket air intake setup. The car will be featured in an article in Vette magazine in the next few months.

Regards,

Sanjay

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
I will be going to this event in two weeks !!!!

I am looking forward to meeting all that attend!!!!

Since my car is not caged looks like the 190 mph class is what I will be topped out at!!!!!!

Going to be Fun :thumbsup

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Ripper you going both days or just Saturday? I would love to see the car finally..how about you stop in Austin on Friday morning and cruise to the Oasis for lunch with all of us?

Matt

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Fast Freddy,

The LPE 415 stroker makes 550 rwhp with a 12.0:1 CR on pump gas. I went 184.5 mph to win the unlimited class in 10/04 without the benefit of an aftermarket air intake setup. The car will be featured in an article in Vette magazine in the next few months.

Regards,

Sanjay

thats one trick vette you got there. :cheers

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Thanks!

It's funny how the 415 ZR-1 was king of the hill for so long (see the Car and Driver 0-150-0 article from Aug 1998) but now my C6Z with just a cam and headers will outrun it in the 1/4 mile. Not sure the C6 will maintain its lead in a full mile, where the heavier, more powerful 7500 rpm ZR-1 can stretch its legs more.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Thanks!

It's funny how the 415 Z-1 was king of the hill for so long (see the Car and Driver 0-150-0 article from Aug 1998) but now my C6Z with just a cam and headers will outrun it in the 1/4 mile. Not sure the C6 will maintain its lead in a full mile, where the heavier, more powerful 7500 rpm ZR-1 can stretch its legs more.

Mercury Marine motors rule!!!

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Ripper you going both days or just Saturday? I would love to see the car finally..how about you stop in Austin on Friday morning and cruise to the Oasis for lunch with all of us?

Matt

Hi Matt,

I will be driving down early saturday morning and staying until sunday afternoon...

If I did'nt have to work that friday I would love to hook up with you guy's
in Austin...

Jerry..

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Oh come on Jerry call in sick and get your ass down to Austin for the day!!! Come on give in to peer presure :)

Matt

Mar 15, 2006
We will have our race rig there. If any of you need anything at all, please come by and we will try to help if we can. See you in Goliad in about 10 days.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/images/Pic3.php?id=182

Mar 15, 2006
Thanks!

It's funny how the 415 ZR-1 was king of the hill for so long (see the Car and Driver 0-150-0 article from Aug 1998) but now my C6Z with just a cam and headers will outrun it in the 1/4 mile. Not sure the C6 will maintain its lead in a full mile, where the heavier, more powerful 7500 rpm ZR-1 can stretch its legs more.

Doc, that ZR1 in the 0-150-0 was unreal fast! John L. and Graham built some incredible cars!