Texas Mile 2015

Johnneymax

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
New Jersey
Are there any members going to the Texas Mile this year? This is my first time at this event. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. I am driving a 2006 FGT with 649 RWHP.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I've participated in several and was planning on going this March, but another function that same weekend has been placed at the top of my must do list so I won't be going.

Be up and ready for early morning starts as some people will get up and place their cars in the starting queue around 3 am (trying to be first in line to catch cool air runs). Once the car is queued you can go back to your trailer and catch a few winks, but you need to be at your car when the queue starts moving or you'll get passed by. This is only if you want to catch an early morning run in cooler air. One time there was heavy fog so start of event was delayed by several hours which negated early queuing

Do be prepared to hurry up and wait (several hours 2-3) between runs. There will be a lot of cars running on Saturday! Friday and late Sunday will be shorter wait times between runs. If you plan on renting a golf cart from vendor at the mile be sure and reserve one in advance as normally they are sold out day of the event.

It is a fun weekend.

Hope you have a cool morning air with a strong tail wind to carry you down the track! :driving:

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
We will once again be at the Texas Mile in the Ford GT. Please come by the trailer if you get a chance and if you need anything don't hesitate to let us know, more than likely we will have what your looking for.

Thanks,
Mark H.
M2K Motorsports, LLC

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
First time I went, they were giving out awards for " most runs" and a guy in an F-150 lightning did (I think) 56 runs during a day. You could basically drive as often as you wished (especially on the Sunday). Last time I went I got in 3 runs, spent most of the day waiting. That's when I stopped going.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Saw the record holding GT wrapped in Heritage livery at the Texas Mile booth at the Houston Auto show. Is that the one you'll be running this time?
We will once again be at the Texas Mile in the Ford GT. Please come by the trailer if you get a chance and if you need anything don't hesitate to let us know, more than likely we will have what your looking for.

Thanks,
Mark H.
M2K Motorsports, LLC

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
That's correct, that same car will be at the Texas Mile trying once again to go even faster.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How about Mullet or Soroush?

Ed

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'll be there in my FGT 2.0

Johnneymax

GT Owner
Oct 31, 2011
New Jersey
Thank you, I will stop by your trailer, and thank you everyone for your feedback.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Ugh 3 runs?. I had the same experience with Mojave magnum... The skyrex Mojave event was much better...basically hotlapping all day... Got in 18 runs, plus was able to let two friends get in 5 runs...way better experience...

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Agreed, Tom's Mojave private event is THE way to go. As many runs as you desire.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Ugh 3 runs?. I had the same experience with Mojave magnum... The skyrex Mojave event was much better...basically hotlapping all day... Got in 18 runs, plus was able to let two friends get in 5 runs...way better experience...

at the Texas Mile you can get as many runs as you want Sunday afternoon and late Friday. I've run 20+ times in a weekend numerous times.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
at the Texas Mile you can get as many runs as you want Sunday afternoon and late Friday. I've run 20+ times in a weekend numerous times.

Mullet give us an update on your car!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Mullet give us an update on your car!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

put some bigger turbo housings on today and on the dyno now.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Anyone heard from Soroush?

Ed

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Anyone heard from Soroush?

Ed

Soroush still has his garage ornaments. I mean cars.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Soroush still has his garage ornaments. I mean cars.

True, I've seen them. ;)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Anyone seen them on the road? LOL

Ed

930shark

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2008
Just loading up the motorhome and trailer. We will be there!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Good luck Dom. Which car(s) are you taking?