Surprise Seatback Pockets

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
We've just removed the seat backs and bases from my car to make a few special changes to the stitching and embroidery, but during the process I noticed something I had no previous idea was there:

YXfi3W3.jpg

On the carbon backrests we've got these seat pockets which I'm pretty sure are almost impossible to access when actually seated in the car...

SVcXUmm.jpg

I haven't quite worked out what one might put in there yet, any ideas?!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Phone - wallet - car insurance registration - spare underwear

Shmee150

GT Owner
Aug 28, 2018
London, UK
Phone - wallet - car insurance registration - spare underwear

But you'd never get them back out! Car docs is about the best I've got; normally I just leave them in the boot; it's not like you put anything else in there anyway :ROFLMAO:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
In the manual they are referred to as map pockets. What is a map?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
In the manual they are referred to as map pockets. What is a map?

Map = Smart Phone :)

Reactions: Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thats how your big black folder was transported that has the Monroney (window) sticker, and the printed copies of your build photos, if you got these items with your UK (?) delivery.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Can you reach them through the large seat cut outs when they are installed in the car or is there no room?

Reactions: Ed Sims

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Had no idea. But look at that artwork! The only negative thing about the new GT is you cant see the really cool stuff on the car! Id love to have a book or collection of photos that were taken of all the cool parts and surfaces while the car was being built. All the stuff that once the car is built you will probably never see again.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
When you operate the seat recline lever and let the seatback move fully forward, you can access the "map pockets." I keep a thin leather folder with gas cards, insurance and registration papers as well as my travel log for gas/cost/mileage. I do not like the little glove box on the front drivers seat because of the sharp closure clip.

Reactions: Vince H and Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
We've just removed the seat backs and bases from my car to make a few special changes to the stitching and embroidery, but during the process I noticed something I had no previous idea was there:

Ha, I never knew they were there! Thanks.

Ed

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hah! EVen the Lightweight seats have them. I thought they may have deleted them, same way they did with the cupholders and seat storage bins

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Thats how your big black folder was transported that has the Monroney (window) sticker, and the printed copies of your build photos, if you got these items with your UK (?) delivery.

Mine didn't come in that back pocket, but on delivery, I did find $100EU tucked in there.

Unless that comes in every car, I assume that's a good omen![/QUOTE]

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Now I'm going to have to look a lot closer at ours. 💶

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I just finished watching your new video of your FGT seat recover at Sparco. That is so very cool!

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
CobraR if you look closely that is my picture on that bill. Calling card. Wait till the nude pictures show up.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
CobraR if you look closely that is my picture on that bill. Calling card. Wait till the nude pictures show up.

Ugh! You mean not with a mankini?

Ed

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
I wonder if those pockets are deleted in the carbon series.......:unsure:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Your answer is just a few posts above

I wonder if those pockets are deleted in the carbon series.......:unsure:

Hah! EVen the Lightweight seats have them. I thought they may have deleted them, same way they did with the cupholders and seat storage bins

Reactions: 1997spider

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Custom stitching looks amazing. Time to add those harnesses with your color theme to complete the build. Epic!