Stop banging your head

Aug 25, 2006
Well if I were to speculate on the hundreds of hours that went into the process and all the proverbial hairs that were pulled as one person likely said ‘screw it” while another said “but if we just try this” we can make it work. This process alone is not only arduous and also thankless unless successful in the end. I can share from personal experience that many a great idea has been fraught with complications only realized once well within the R&D stage at which point one must decide; do we cut our losses and move onto another idea or do we pursue it a bit further. Having looked only at only the pictures I can see that the process and the associated cost involved was not for the meek of heart; this was and is the “real deal” and as the result of it and rightfully so they just might find a few nickels left on the table when all is said and done; I hope so because artisans are a dieing breed.

Extreme specialty fabrication when compounded by the projected (known limited) number of pieces from which one hopes to recover their investment of time and materials amassed throughout the R&D process is a true crap shoot at best. Then add to this the fact that they appear to have remained commitment to producing an serviceable OEM appearing and operating assembly rather getting side tracked and taking an easier and likely less expensive approach garners from me extreme respect in this industry filled with self serving folks that rarely care about the end user except through the process of collecting their money.

If in fact $12K is their number for this conversion to be installed then I would say that it is reasonable.

In my world I would rather pay a premium knowing that they first tested, sampled, created the initial model from which they produced what appears to be an OEM style piece when compared to simply something to make do. There are far too many make shift products out there as it is.

In closing; I still remain very interested in seeing the full operation of the door in real time as such I hope that Yogi will post such a video. Nevertheless it appears very cool.

Takes care

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yogi, any chance you guys will have a car for us all to look at in Indy Memorial Day weekend? If I buzz up to Green Bay, are there lots of cool things to look at for a day? Thanks Frank

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yogi, any chance you guys will have a car for us all to look at in Indy Memorial Day weekend? If I buzz up to Green Bay, are there lots of cool things to look at for a day? Thanks Frank

I miss going to watch the Pack, in my snowmobile suit, and spending time in Door County. Love the area.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Well if I were to speculate on the hundreds of hours that went into the process and all the proverbial hairs that were pulled as one person likely said ‘screw it” while another said “but if we just try this” we can make it work. This process alone is not only arduous and also thankless unless successful in the end. I can share from personal experience that many a great idea has been fraught with complications only realized once well within the R&D stage at which point one must decide; do we cut our losses and move onto another idea or do we pursue it a bit further. Having looked only at only the pictures I can see that the process and the associated cost involved was not for the meek of heart; this was and is the “real deal” and as the result of it and rightfully so they just might find a few nickels left on the table when all is said and done; I hope so because artisans are a dieing breed.

Extreme specialty fabrication when compounded by the projected (known limited) number of pieces from which one hopes to recover their investment of time and materials amassed throughout the R&D process is a true crap shoot at best. Then add to this the fact that they appear to have remained commitment to producing an serviceable OEM appearing and operating assembly rather getting side tracked and taking an easier and likely less expensive approach garners from me extreme respect in this industry filled with self serving folks that rarely care about the end user except through the process of collecting their money.

If in fact $12K is their number for this conversion to be installed then I would say that it is reasonable.

In my world I would rather pay a premium knowing that they first tested, sampled, created the initial model from which they produced what appears to be an OEM style piece when compared to simply something to make do. There are far too many make shift products out there as it is.

In closing; I still remain very interested in seeing the full operation of the door in real time as such I hope that Yogi will post such a video. Nevertheless it appears very cool.

Takes care

Shadowman

No question Bill is spot on,... again!:wink

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006

Takes care

Shadowman

It is on thier web sight: http://www.gtbdoor.com/gallery.html

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Shadowman, once again you have eloquently said a lot on our behalf. Thank you for recognizing the effort that goes into all of our products. I do have a video on the net showcasing the operation of our Butterfly doors. http://gtbdoor.com/gallery.html at the top of the page you will see the links to the videos. To see a complete list of options please visit http://www.gtx1.com/options3.html.

I know many a car guy that could spend hours looking around our shop, and all are welcome to call and set up time to do so. To answer FJPIKUL’s first question, yes, we will have several cars at Indy that everyone to take a closer look at. We will also be at the SoCal Summer gathering as soon as we have details.

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman, once again you have eloquently said a lot on our behalf. Thank you for recognizing the effort that goes into all of our products. I do have a video on the net showcasing the operation of our Butterfly doors. http://gtbdoor.com/gallery.html at the top of the page you will see the links to the videos. To see a complete list of options please visit http://www.gtx1.com/options3.html.

I know many a car guy that could spend hours looking around our shop, and all are welcome to call and set up time to do so. To answer FJPIKUL’s first question, yes, we will have several cars at Indy that everyone to take a closer look at. We will also be at the SoCal Summer gathering as soon as we have details.

Thank you Yogi

I just watched the “Real Time Operation of the Up-Swept Door” video and it answered all of my questions; truly very nice.

BTW; when I visited your site earlier in the week I looked at a different video showing the installation process underway however I completely missed this one; shame on me for not looking harder as IMO this video is the perfect presentation for the team's product/service offering.

All the best

Shadowman

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Install

Any chance you will come to California to install a set? Maybe if I buy the airline tickets?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow!

I thought the pictures were nice, but the video really says it all. Appears very elegant and fluid in motion.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Any chance you will come to California to install a set? Maybe if I buy the airline tickets?

I think they have relationships with California dealers as they roll this out, but Yogi is the better one to respond.

Group California Install???

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
California Group Install

Let's Do It! I'm all over it!:banana I'll be #1 in California