Still draws a crowd

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
It's been pouring rain for the prior 4 weeks in SoCal. My little boy has been asking when we can ride in the GT. Finally got through the much needed rain and took the GT out on Saturday morning. Went into the store for donuts and coffee. Came back outside and a small crowd had gathered. Everyone had great comments, wanted to see the engine bay, and thanked me for bringer her out. I took this picture before the much larger crowd amassed. Best comment from one admirer, " you are very blessed", and then he looked down to my 6 year old and said "and so are you." So true, in so many ways. ,IMG_1760.jpg

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Thought it never rains in southern California?

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Great stuff!

That's a key part of the magic of ownership.

Thanks for sharing.

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Saturday was a beautiful day here. It was a great day for you and your son to get the GT out for a drive! Enjoy and take good care!

Oceanside GT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The car Bleeds passion!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Never outdated, because its DNA is so entwined with the original Mark I. Yesterday, I visited the Revs Institute in Naples, Florida. As many probably know, this is a great museum with a stunning collection of cars. On display was a Mark I and a Mark II. I was once again impressed with just how incredible these cars are in person, and how awesome it is to own a modern version of the original. In my opinion, the Ford GT will always draw a crowd, for the same reason that its predecessors still do: a mean, hunkered, and purposeful design.

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Never outdated, because its DNA is so entwined with the original Mark I. Yesterday, I visited the Rev Institute in Naples, Florida. As many probably know, this is a great museum with a stunning collection of cars. On display was a Mark I and a Mark II. I was once again impressed with just how incredible these cars are in person, and how awesome it is to own a modern version of the original. In my opinion, the Ford GT will always draw a crowd, for the same reason that its predecessors still do: a mean, hunkered, and purposeful design.

Always love your comments and reviews. So glad you are back regularly. Loved hearing about your 675lt and 488. Best reviewer of any!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
Never outdated, because its DNA is so entwined with the original Mark I. Yesterday, I visited the Rev Institute in Naples, Florida. As many probably know, this is a great museum with a stunning collection of cars. On display was a Mark I and a Mark II. I was once again impressed with just how incredible these cars are in person, and how awesome it is to own a modern version of the original. In my opinion, the Ford GT will always draw a crowd, for the same reason that its predecessors still do: a mean, hunkered, and purposeful design.

I agree! As much as I am lusting for a NFGT, I still prefer the styling of the 05/06 cars.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I agree! As much as I am lusting for a NFGT, I still prefer the styling of the 05/06 cars.

That's a tricky subject, isn't it SBR? I was walking around the black/orange NGT at Barrett Jackson a week ago, and I kept going back to it over and over again over the course of the days that I was there. It was just as I was closing the deal on my "new" 05 GT with Shelby. The NGT is simply stunning; and I felt the same way about IT that I did back in '05 when I saw the first GT. However, the NGT is a different car, a different concept, and a different approach. Given that it is Ford's halo car, and its vision of where they are going, this is understandable. Where the FGT had certain celebratory and nostalgic elements (anniversary) the NGT is sort of clean sheet thinking, including the V6. What an incredible machine, and I get all tingly when I see it win at Le Mans and Daytona. I didn't throw my hat in the ring for a NGT; not because I didn't love it, but because I was neck deep in carbon fiber paddle shift cars at the time. Sometimes I wonder about the wisdom of that choice...guess I'll have to assuage my doubt with a little old school TT thrust :)

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Thought it never rains in southern California?

But girl, don't they warn ya? It purs, man it pours.....

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Nice story above; I was getting cabin-fever with rain too!

I dont think its blasphemous to address the NGT v. FGT

I am sure many had the exact same thoughts when the F Daytona/512BBi or L Miura/Countach debuted; both were technological departures and much more 'expensive' given inflation of era.

Nevertheless, editors and experts of era derided the former's agrarian technology, structural foibles and F's front-engine dated design v. the latter's clear forward clean sheet design.

Obviously the market has shown iconic, trumps (excuse the word) technological design; time will tell.

The 300 SL Gullwing is probably the best example v. the more advanced Roadster; values have diverted for half century.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Round lines are classic & never age. Sharp lines are trendy. The GT's shape will be popular forever.

"Fashion comes and goes, style never does." Coco Chanel

Ed