Steep decline in FGT Values

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Since I didn't get any takers here willing to put me out of my misery, I went out and drove mine today too. Yeah, outa spite I made it worth even less. Oh my!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I just feel very sorry for all you guys with non-RED cars watching your values sink.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Been a bad year .... aced out of a new GT and now the values of the older GT tanked.

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I have a saved search on E-bay for years now.

No question about it, values have dropped noticeably in the past 6 months. There are plenty of GT's on there for 6 months or more, at the same asking and NOT moving.

Sellers are trying to maintain pricing, but there aren't enough buyers ready to pay these prices.

I think it's a temporary lull in the market, and they will at some point continue to escalate.

It wouldn't be the 1st time this happens to the FGT.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Who cares! Can we close this thread?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

That would take the fun away! All the Dow Jones watchers wouldn't have anything to do.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Im killing the value of mine every time I drive it! Sounds good to me!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I drove mine to a charitable car show yesterday, and got another award. Does the award balance out the additional miles I put on, driving it to and from? What if I add on the smiles it put on my face driving it, or the smiles of the kids, I let sit in the seat and have their parents take pictures of them in the car. Don't all those smiles add to the value, and balance the extra miles?

Tomcat

GT Owner
I put 600 miles on mine last weekend. The only unfortunate part was that most of that was in the rain.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Just to remind everyone!

Ed

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Yeah, that really sucks big time.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No one on their death bed ever wished they ,worked more ,saved more or spent less time enjoying their hobby...................................

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I keep driving mine, which has been pretty much trouble free for the last 134,000 miles. I'm sure that sometime early next year,and at $1.00 per mile, I'll reach my GT's MSRP of $149,000.

All of the rest of the low mile/garage dwelling GT's can remain in their almost new condition and the speculators await the 3X MSRP valuations. To me waiting for that to happen is like watching paint dry.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan

I'm with rocketman. Old news, old speculation, redundant this time of year-every year.
If you're all that worried about it, sell it. there's plenty of sharks just waiting for the chance to pick one up on the cheap. jmo

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'm with rocketman. Old news, old speculation, redundant this time of year-every year.
If you're all that worried about it, sell it. there's plenty of sharks just waiting for the chance to pick one up on the cheap. jmo

totally agree

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Fluctuating value is of no concern to most 'active" members as we enjoy a great car and the benefits and friendship the forum offers.

As far as immediate sales there was always a pool of potential buyers within this forum who anticipated adding another 05/06 GT at an attractive price or time who may be sitting tight waiting for delivery of the on the NGT. A really nice problem to have.:thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Cars are worthless. Call me, I will take these falling rocks off your hands!!!

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Call me first before you call ,Shelby please. I want a daily I can drive and enjoy with all of you at these events!!!!

I'm curious to know where Hagerty gets their data on sale prices. Is it just for auctions? Dealers? If not, how can they learn prices in private sales? Anyone know?

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
roketman.......that is the truth.....