Spreadsheet of production for each color

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
centerpunch said:
We haven't got updated 2006 color info, or corrected 2005 color info. I hope someone will be able to get data on ALL options.

If they do, I'll happily put it all in a spreadsheet, analyze, and post!

:thumbsup

Quicksilver is starting to intrigue me. Wonder how many non-Mc cars they made in that color...

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Car # 765 /2006 Tungsten no stripes /side markings delete. Car has been wonderful except both axle bolts left side broke off. Simple repair once new parts came in

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
How do I determine my car number?

I have a 2006 white/blue is there a plate that shows what number of the 4038 mine is? Maybe what date it was built?

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
The VIN number has no exact relation to the build date or actual SEQUENTIAL ROTATION number of the car of the 4038 produced. The best way for an individual owner to determine this question is to refer to the stickers placed on the windshield. ALL GTS HAVE AT LEAST THREE (3) STICKERS that help in the determination/analysis. The 3 (minimum) stickers are (1) part of the VIN (last significant digits) (2) Sequential build no, or ROT(ATION) number, and (3) Build day (of the month).
If you send me pictures of the windshield, or if you kept these 3 stickers, I can help you. If you didn't, send me your VIN (ex: 5Y4XXXXX, or 6YXXXXX) and I will see what I can do for you. Rich

I HAVE CORRECTED THE WORDING THAT I HAD INTENDED TO PROVIDE BUT DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT. SORRY CENTERPUNCH AND COBRAJEFF.

Last edited:

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
What Number is your car?

Have to agree with Centerpunch on this one - the "number" of your car is found in the vehicle serial number.

The VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and the Serial number are the SAME number - it is the (17 digit) number used in all legal documentation to identify the vehicle. It is NOT the sequence number (or, in plant lingo, the ROTATION number).

I have been collecting Fords for over forty years, and every Ford marque I've ever been associated with (Cobras, GT-40's, Mustangs, Panteras, Shelbys, Tigers, and Thunderbirds) refer to the vehicle VIN to identify their cars. Typically, they will shorten it to just the last 4 digits of the VIN, hardcore guys like me, though, can often recite all eleven digits (now 17) of significant collector cars they have owned.

regards,

Jeff Burgy
SAAC New Ford GT Registrar

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
The Rarest

Stripes/no stripes aside, and based upon the data shown at the top of this string, silver is the rarest color with 3.9%, followed by yellow at 4.7%. Yeah baby!

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
On my 06 windshield was some yellow lables one said J1-0363 and ROT #2430 On the lower rh side sticker there is a date of 12 12 05
The end of my Vin is 0363 Any idea what all that means?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
What is Shelby going to do with his Ford GTs?

Can;t find the last thread relating to this so starting anew.
Now we know he has ordered some midnight blue, stripes delete, std. wheels but is he planning on making a special model?
The reason I ask is that back when Chrysler first had the Viper he made a special model of the Viper at a dealer called Fitzgerald and charged more for them. They were collector's items for a while, but then Chrysler copied his paint schme and brought out a similar looking package. This time that can't happen because Ford GT production has ended but I wonder when we will see the Shelbyized Ford GTs and what equipment they will have on them.
I predict his own wheels, maybe a open version. Or they could just be for his relatives...

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
Shelby has one in his showroom. One is for his wife, and the other 3 are intended to be gifts for a few friends of his. (this is based on my recent visit with him and asking him personally what he intended to do with the cars. at the same time, I provided him with some pictures I had taken the week before the GTForum of his cars in the production line). I will update this if there are any changes.

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
BELIZE91 said:
On my 06 windshield was some yellow lables one said J1-0363 and ROT #2430 On the lower rh side sticker there is a date of 12 12 05
The end of my Vin is 0363 Any idea what all that means?
See the thread above. It discusses and defines the three stickers. Should solve your issue.