Sparco 6 pt harness

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Who purchased the Sparco harness being used with the mounting points in the new GT? Are you using them as a primary belt or any suggestions or comments?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I did, but they are still in the box. I would not use them on the street, they are kinda a pain for daily use, and also if sinched up the way they should be, you might not be able reach the dash controls. Also need to be careful with the hardware, as to not beat up the interior (metal banging into the CF)

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Also have them but not installed . Others have said no where to place them when not in use. More GT garage art!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I’ve got them but will only use them for track days or at the Mile if I ever do that in the new car. Bad idea to use them for everyday use. Hard to get in and out and time consuming to put on in addition to the previously mentioned risk of cosmetic damage inside. I used my 6 point belts in the ‘06 GT for awhile and was very happy to go back to the regular belts on the street.

Chip

Last edited:

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I’ve got them installed and they can almost tuck out of the way for every day use. Almost. They provide a nice splash of color. One doesn’t get to move around much if using them, solely for track.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Barry, would you mind posting a picture? I would like to see how you store them, and also how the sub belt is mounted. Thanks in advance.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
sparco belts

Barry, would you mind posting a picture? I would like to see how you store them, and also how the sub belt is mounted. Thanks in advance.
Here they are. Part of the mount is under the seat and the lower belts tuck into the bottom seat slot adequately. I ordered the belt mounts with the car but they were not done, and the bill for adding them after the fact was substantially more than the original $200. Ford Concierge corrected that billing error. I would also suggest getting the leather wrapped steering wheel. My hands sweat on the alcantera and I added a blue deer hide leather strip wrap on the portion of the steering wheel.

Attachments

• sparco1.jpg
    sparco1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 220
  • sparco2.jpg
    sparco2.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Cool, just how I imagined. thank you Sir!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Do the belts have a shelf life?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Usually yes. It depends on who is controlling the event. PCA is usually pretty strict about belt and helmets being in date. I think the outdate for belts is usually 3 years and that date is imprinted on the belts. When they outdate, you just have to replace the nylon webbing and not the hardware.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes belts are dated, and the time is up to 5 years. Frank, no vendors that I know of will reweb belts. Have to buy new. All webbed products are dated. I just had our Hans straps changed, and recertified.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Looked on my invoice
Anchors are 1,500.00 now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Andy, I got my belts from Safecraft, the fire extinguisher people. At the time they said they would replace the nylon webbing belts since they are custom ordered to my specs; however, they have since changed hands and are now out of one of the Chicago suburbs. I will start looking into it soon when I am in the windy for a birthday. Will also be attending PRI in Indy in early Dec. will see and report.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The comments I'Ve heard have not been complimentary about the Sparco belts. My invoice for the anchors was $500.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Totally understood. Scroth has been my go to for the race cars, and they wont. I just gave a pile away to someone to put into a Jeep. Have tossed before that. Seems super wasteful (oh crap sound like my parents). For giggles, checked Impact, and they claim to offer reweb services. So entirely possible its more of a thing than I thought.

I got my belts from Safecraft, the fire extinguisher people. At the time they said they would replace the nylon webbing.

FoMoCo

GT Owner
Aug 2, 2016
I have the 6pt Sparco Belts installed using the anchors. Definitely +1 to Barry's comments. Specifically, I would double-down on:

- too time consuming and frustrating for daily/street use, mainly due to wigging around in the car trying to get them on.
- do not take off 3pt belts as they can be used at the same time. You will def regret it!
- it's not the cleanest presentation (pics are accurate), but it's definitely practical to tuck 6pt belts away while using 3pt belt.

Additionally, FWIW, I purchased the Sparco belts. They're expensive, but the latch is nicer than most 6pt systems I've seen and used. More importantly they look great with the Ford Performance stuff on them. Not worth saving a few hundred bucks for other brand's belts IMO, especially given how much we've invested in these cars.

Hope this feedback is helpful.
-Stu

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If you had any issues with Sparco.I’m sure they would warranty them.
I have had good experiences with there products