Sore need of tires

hhaleblian

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 25, 2020
Crystal Lake Il
My 06 rears are down to the wear bars. Having no luck sourcing replacements. Tire Rack, Cassidy Tire Chicago, nothing along with nothing in the near future. Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Reactions: analogdesigner

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I bought two from Amazon 2 weeks ago. The date code was Jan or Feb of 2021, I couldn't believe it. Are there counterfeits out there?

Reactions: 2112

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Costco can get them too

Reactions: Nafod

hhaleblian

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 25, 2020
Crystal Lake Il
@GT@50, Thank you for the lead. This is what I found so I'm looking for everyone's blessing before I hit the buy button:
Potenza RE050A Scuderia 345/35R19 110Y, Potenza RE050A265/40 18. Will these work without any issues? Thanks in advance.

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
@GT@50, Thank you for the lead. This is what I found so I'm looking for everyone's blessing before I hit the buy button:
Potenza RE050A Scuderia 345/35R19 110Y, Potenza RE050A265/40 18. Will these work without any issues? Thanks in advance.

Just ordered these as well and had them mounted. Worked perfect, and had the same 02/21 date code.

The matching 265 front is available on Amazon as well, or I ordered through my local retailer.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Evidently the goodyears are not available is what I’ve been told. I could be wrong I’ve been wrong before.
I do know however that Bill @Radial Tire has 36 of the Scuderi rear bridgestones and 50 on the proper Bridgestone N1 front tires available.
Be sure to talk to Bill

265/40RZR18 Bridgesone Potenza REO50 A N1
345/35ZR19 Bridgestone Potenza REO50A Scuderia
Radial tire company
301-585-2740
Bill Elomari

Hope this helps

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Once again, Amazon arrives with convenience. Note, that is not the low price.

Too dang easy to always shop there and get free shipping with no minimum orders.

Why they will soon own the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: dshears

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

To dang easy to always shop there and get free shipping with no minimum orders.

Funny Amazon story... Just happened today.

We get an email every morning from the USPS that has pictures of today's mail. It also lists tracking numbers of anything in the system. Today there was a tracking number for an item that I thought was a replacement part for our kitchen cabinet remodel project. Signed on to get text message when delivered. Came at 10:30. Package in the big locker. Big. Weighed a ton. Not my cabinet part but something for our daughter.

She was expecting something from Amazon but not USPS so had us open it. Inside was...

10 bottles of diet coke

Gag gift for her birthday from someone she works with. She ordered rdered it from Amazon. Prime, so no shipping cost to buyer.

Label says they paid for 20 lbs shipping. A secondary label says it weighed at 15 (I think bulk shippers get the credit).

Large package shipped from LRB Superstore in Lenexa KS. It was shipped USPS priority. Even a 15# package shipped priority had to cost more in shipping ($20?) than the cost of 10 bottles of diet coke...

Amazon and the vendor negotiate the price and shipping. But I can't imagine anyone made any money on this one but the USPS.

It's OK, we lost money but we'll make it up in volume.

I'm amazed they arrived without breaking. I get some swimming pool chemicals from Amazon, some originating from the local depot (one day delivery so you an tell) and 3 of the last 5 have been broken and undeliverable in transit.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

To dang easy to always shop there and get free shipping with no minimum orders.

And why the federal government wants to split them up and regulate them out of existence. Come up with something more efficient than anyone else (and especially the government) and you get punished for it. The government calls anything that is cost effective and best in class a monopoly. That excludes your cable provider.

Did you know that a very large portion of "the cloud" is actually served up by Amazon selling their compute infrastructure to others. Amazon Web Services is a thriving business.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
My 06 years are down to the wear bars. Having no luck sourcing replacements. Tire Rack, Cassidy Tire Chicago, nothing along with nothing in the near future. Any and all recommendations are appreciated.
I have a set of very low mileage original Goodyears. 1400 miles.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I probably missed it. But which tires are we talking about. Thinking this may be a new owner with a Goodyear tires car. Being that he wasn't sure if the Bridgestone's would work.
OP, If you have Goodyear tires, most people on this forum have moved on to Bridgestone's tires as posted by Rocketman "Ron" (post 7).
I wouldn't mix old Goodyear fronts with new Bridgestone rears. Time for a new set of Bridgestone's.
I wouldn't use old Goodyears on a GT that is being driven.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
The Bridgestone tires made a huge difference in how much power you can put to the ground. Very sticky !

hhaleblian

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 25, 2020
Crystal Lake Il
Oh, I'm going with Bridgestone's all around. Kinda confusing on exactly which Bridgestone's to use on the front. There seems to be a few variants available.

Reactions: 2112

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
This one:

Attachments

• FAEB1C7A-628F-4CA4-8559-39D1FDAE3E81.jpeg
    FAEB1C7A-628F-4CA4-8559-39D1FDAE3E81.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Keep in mind that the Bridgestones are only rated to 180mph!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Oh, I'm going with Bridgestone's all around. Kinda confusing on exactly which Bridgestone's to use on the front. There seems to be a few variants available.
Check the links in this topic:

The first post has the correct versions of both front and rears.

hhaleblian

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 25, 2020
Crystal Lake Il
What I've discovered so far is Tire Rack does not have the proper type of Bridgestone's front or back. There are so many variants of Bridgestone Potenza's offered on Amazon that it makes me more than nervous. Amazon certainly has the rears, but I want everything to match. Bill Elomari seems to know his stuff and has the goods. A bit pricier but worth the knowledge and expertise. We're not dealing with Chevettes here. Thank you all for your help. It's been an education. Not too worried about hitting 180 any time soon!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Call Radial Tire listed above. I have bought several set of tires from them (for other cars). Good service, and really easy to work with.

Reactions: roketman

hhaleblian

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 25, 2020
Crystal Lake Il
I purchased from Radial. The toughest part was getting hold of Bill. Once we connected, he could not have been more accommodating. I paid more than the Amazon numbers, but what I received was well worth it, piece of mind from someone knowledgeable. Bill even called me back to to tell me the tires were all 25th week of 2021. As a retailer of high end flooring and cabinets, my clients appreciate our expertise. Sure one can buy items for less money on line, but is one really receiving what they think?. Answer? No. Thank you to all of you who helped me on this quest. Honestly, I felt if Tire Rack didn't have the tires I was screwed. This is a great group.