Sonic Blue for sale?

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I just came across this listing, you guys selling sonic blue? ignore if this is a repost.

http://www.autosportdesigns.com/Sales/Salesphotos.aspx?ID=2230

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Joey, say it ain't so!!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
SO:facepalm:

Sonic blue

GT Owner
Jun 1, 2007
British Columbia
I have used Sonic Blue since 1999 as a nickname on various sites. Actually the colour Sonic Blue comes from Fender guitar company which was used on their early 60's guitar. The true Sonic Blue colour is nothing like the colour on the car:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=fende...D6fciALjrtyNCw&ved=0CDkQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1064
I have no idea why someone would call the blue colour on the GT Sonic Blue? I love the guitar and the real Sonic Blue colour so just thought I'd throw that out there FYI

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Since the first day we made history, buying Sonic Blue, there has always been alot of interest.....There are 3 of us and none need to sell for monitary reasons.........I recieved a call from an old friend Tom at Autosport who has 2 very interested buyers.......If the interested parties produce it will be sold........and if that did happen, it will be the highest water mark paid for a GT.....
Rightly so, we know its history, its the only real one of one production car that has such a wonderful story thanks to our friend Chris Theodore........This Gt is the ultimate long term blue chip....
We had our fun , its in the history books, its in the Gtowners experience and all the rest............
Remember, if the numbers are not seen, it will be in our hands..............for a long,long time.....
Will it live up to its nick name"THE MILLION DOLLAR CAR".........we shall see.......time will tell..........
GTJOEY1314

Last edited:

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Ford calls that color "sonic blue" There are many, many Mustangs running arount out there painted "FORD Sonic Blue". ......GTJOEY didn't make it up.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Just when I was starting to get bored around here............

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Million dollar GT.........lol

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Should I start a thread on "the silver around the world turd"? I hear its worth 2 cents more than we paid. Famous or infamous....doesn't matter....but it IS in GT history.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Living the dream my friend :biggrin, while others are watching from the sidelines:frown.......As GTJOEY would say "enjoy the ride" (and enjoy Europe in a GT!!) GT history.:usa

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And Focus, Lightning too if I recall corectly. really quite a few Ford cars have worn this color.

GLWS

Ford calls that color "sonic blue" There are many, many Mustangs running arount out there painted "FORD Sonic Blue". ......

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Million dollar GT.........lol

+1

H

HHGT

Should I start a thread on "the silver around the world turd"? I hear its worth 2 cents more than we paid. Famous or infamous....doesn't matter....but it IS in GT history.

Chris, if you ever decide to sell your turd, let me know.:biggrin

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Spaceracer,,,,,you are correct:thumbsup.....Besides, does a Fender 6 string come with a steering wheel?????:confused

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
And Focus, Lightning too if I recall corectly. really quite a few Ford cars have worn this color.

GLWS

Didn't you paint your race car sonic blu?

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Since the first day we made history, buying Sonic Blue, there has always been alot of interest.....There are 3 of us and none need to sell for monitary reasons.........I recieved a call from an old friend Tom at Autosport who has 2 very interested buyers.......If the interested parties produce it will be sold........and if that did happen, it will be the highest water mark paid for a GT.....
Rightly so, we know its history, its the only real one of one production car that has such a wonderful story thanks to our friend Chris Theodore........This Gt is the ultimate long term blue chip....
We had our fun , its in the history books, its in the Gtowners experience and all the rest............
Remember, if the numbers are not seen, it will be in our hands..............for a long,long time.....
Will it live up to its nick name"THE MILLION DOLLAR CAR".........we shall see.......time will tell..........
GTJOEY1314

Joey, whether it sells or not it will have been an honor to say that we owned it. I for one would love to put this car back into storage to see how it appreciates over the next few years. I think a lot of people on this forum are unaware of the documentation that we have for this car, as we have not made the documentation public knowledge. The documentation will remain in my possession until the car is actually sold or GTJoey requests it. (We wouldn't have the documentation if it were not for Joe). It has been a pleasure to be the custodian of sonic blue for all these years.

As for the name the original window sticker says sonic blue (Also in my possession). The greatest benefit from this car is the relationship between three individuals that has been cemented forever. While the car will be on display in the show room I'm sure it will continue to show up at events for others to see.

The reaction from people who have actually seen the car .... is more amazing than they anticipated. I am honored that Camillo drove the car at Carlisle. It has also been my pleasure and a catharsis to detail the car. Between Gino putting it in movies and displaying it in Times Square the car has gotten quite a bit of well deserved publicity. Thank you Gino!

Chris Theodore was gracious enough to give us all the details on its production ............... that alone is impressive.

In the meantime the car is now out there, and as Joe has said only time will tell. Best regards GTNJ

Last edited:
H

HHGT

If it fetches $1M I think that would be awesome.:thumbsup

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
If it fetches $1M I think that would be awesome.:thumbsup
Thank you Sam

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Dougie (my little friend from over the river),

You couldn't have said it better.:thumbsup Too bad for the few on this forum that feel it necessary to post condescending comments and attempt to be funny.:thumbsdow
Sonic blue is NOT a guitar, it's a "one of a kind" FORD GT!:driving: Yes you have been blessed to have owned this special vehicle.:O And because of you, Gino and Joey, there are many of us that got to experience and see the car first hand. My take on the Comedians paticipating in this thread is that; they have never laid eyes on Sonic Blue.:frown

Once again, thanks for the memories.:cheers I can only hope it gets sold to someone here in the U.S.:usa

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Ummm.......we're talking about a blue car here, right? Or is it a national treasure? From the "history" references you'd think Henry Ford himself built it:biggrin

Regardless GLWTS.....but some people have a propensity to overstate and exaggerate...its fatiguing and it beckons some of the jokes/comments.