**SOLD** 2005 Black/Silver Stripe 1700mi For Sale by Original Owner

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
This is Kendall (Cool Tech) and I am putting this up for a friend who wishes to remain private.

• This is a black car, silver stripe, later-build 2005 (15XX VIN). 3-option car. Has the Mac, optional BBS wheels, and the stripes. Brake calipers are black which, of course, match the black car.
  • Sold by the original owner. Car has been in Southern California and garaged its whole life.
  • 100% stock. Airbag replacement has been performed by dealer.
  • Tires were updated in July of 2019 because of age concerns.
  • Ryan made a house-call this week and replaced the Fuel Gauge with the new gauge from AutoMeter. All is perfect now.
  • Original Window Sticker, both keys, car cover and bag, another car cover, and owners manual all included.

Low mileage, original owner, no-stories cars are getting harder and harder to find. Asking price is $305K and given the condition of this car and what others have recently sold for, my opinion is that this is a fair price on both sides.

If you are interested, please contact me at kpond@sbcglobal.net I'm happy to answer/address any questions from a serious buyer. We can do a complete and thorough PPI on the car at the buyers discretion. We would have every expectation of validating what has been represented here.

Last edited:

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
One of my favorite specs.. . Pictures would help.. But im sure its gorgeous.
GLWS.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
It IS gorgeous! I sincerely believe that $305K for this car is a very good value. 1700 miles. It would be virtually impossible to find a better car. If a black/silver strip car is on your list of colors - this is as good as it gets.

Reactions: extrap and JWZ

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
OK, I have received several inquiries requesting pictures. The car was just meticulously detailed. It's a black car (duh!), but the detailer said that he couldn't find a single rock chip. This car is just crazy clean. No stories. Original owner. A whopping 1700 miles. If you are in the market for a Black GT, I can't imagine how it can get any better than this.

IMG-0948.jpg

IMG-0949.jpg

IMG-0950.jpg

IMG-0951.jpg

IMG-0952.jpg

IMG-0954.jpg

IMG-0955.jpg

IMG-0956.jpg

IMG-0958.jpg

IMG-0960.jpg

IMG-0962.jpg

IMG-0965.jpg

IMG-0966.jpg

IMG-0968.jpg

IMG-0973.jpg

IMG-0975.jpg

IMG-0976.jpg

IMG-0977.jpg

IMG-0978.jpg

IMG-0979.jpg

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Lovely car!

Still got the blue on the sills, that wont be fun to get off.

Really a nice car.

Reactions: analogdesigner

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Still got the blue on the sills, that wont be fun to get off.

Yes, that IS a problem. I have tried various techniques (on OTHER cars) to get the blue tape off and I have concluded that it is virtually impossible. If anyone has a technique that they have successfully used, please let me know!

Reactions: analogdesigner

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
**SOLD**

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Congrats! 🍻

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Yes, that IS a problem. I have tried various techniques (on OTHER cars) to get the blue tape off and I have concluded that it is virtually impossible. If anyone has a technique that they have successfully used, please let me know!
have u tried using a steamer?Works well on old ppf .

Zefpashko

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2017
Miami, FL
You can start by peeling off as much as you can and use “Goo-Gone” sparingly for the remainder. That and elbow grease!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yup, I took my blue tape off a couple years ago and wow, was that a surprise. Just worked on it and worked on it, inch by inch, with goo-gone. Learned my lesson there, not to leave stuff on for a decade plus. I was thinking it would come right off and be perfect.

It was perfect alright, but took a while to get it all off.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Question, did the car sell from this post, and go to a forum member?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Question, did the car sell from this post, and go to a forum member?

My assumption is that it was this post that connected seller to buyer. It was a pleasure for me to see a very nice GT transition to a new, enthusiastic owner. FWIW, I had absolutely no monetary benefit - and perhaps even an investment, as we did a PPI in order to give the buyer the confidence to spend this kind of money site unseen.

Last edited:
Reactions: extrap

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Great to hear that this forum is still such a fantastic resource, and has not fallen down the FB rat hole, that has eroded so many other good forums!

Reactions: Nafod and Sinovac