So For Those Who Have Bought GTs Recently

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I agree with the comments above. Having both a Viper and GT, they are both dependable cars that "go like hell"! Even the shift speeds are very comparable. I bought mine about 6 months ago and have been enjoying taking it to car shows and just driving it. Regarding cost to maintain, I have not had anything major break or need servicing yet. When I bought the car, I did have a PPI and that helped convince me this car was well maintained prior to my purchase. I did request the auto window switches be replaced as I noticed during the test drive that I had to press the driver side a couple times before the window moved. When the prior owner called regarding the price of the switches he was told they would be "thirteen o seven each". Knowing parts for rare cars can be expensive he asked for clarification on the price and was relieved that it was $13.07 each and not $1,307! Many of the parts are Mastercraft so they are reasonable. Good luck with your purchase!
you are right about the cost of certain parts

when I did my coil over sleeves we accidentally scratched one of the coil springs on the rear... I was dreading calling ford to figure out how much a new coil spring was, I thought for sure at least 300 minimum . I called and got my answer, 58 bucks.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
60Kmi, only basic maintenance. Heck, I haven't even had to replace the original pads and rotors yet!

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
I don't think the same thing can be said about the NFGT. Nothing on that car is cheap :LOL:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I don't think the same thing can be said about the NFGT. Nothing on that car is cheap :LOL:

Floor mats are $200. Seems reasonable. That's all I got. Haha.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
when I bought the blue car she already had some miles on it, i would say between the black car and the blue car I have put over 40K miles on them but, my 40K miles are much harder and faster :)

OK you’re of the hook!