.....So Cal Delivery

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Very sad news. Well done Ford in making that delivery happen for Mitch.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Life is way to short. RIP to Mitch and condolences to the family.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Too sad. Prayers go out to all

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
So very sorry to hear of Mitch's passing. His quiet battle was truly inspirational. Rest In Peace.

Yes, this is most sad and at the same time inspirational.

His quiet battle was truly inspirational.

Those that battle these types of illnesses in silence are true warriors and heroes.

God Bless family and friends that stood with this man during his greatest battle.

RIP

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Wow! That is terribly sad news. Thanks to Raj and the Ford team for granting him one of his last wishes before he made his final journey into the sky. Ford is and has always been a class act! He will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family. God Speed!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Very sad news. So good that Mitch was able to enjoy his family for much longer than expected. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, wishing you moments of peace and comfort as you remember Mitch's life.

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My condolences and prayers to his family. So young, and so sad!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
That is so sad news. My mother also passed from Pancreatic Cancer. Very painful and incurable. My condolences to the family, a good man gone too soon.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
just came across this revived thread. I am stunned.. Happy he was able to receive the new GT in time. Thanks Ford. My sincere condolences to the family..

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Very sad to hear. Had the pleasure of talking with him a few times and exchanged emails. Top notch guy. Prayers to the family. Way to young to go. Doesn't seem right.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Condolences and prayers. Pancreatic cancer is horrible. In 30 years of practicing medicine, I've seen 2 patients that survived pancreatic CA.
Thanks to Ford, Raj, and DBK for fulfilling Mitch's wishes. RIP

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Saddest post I have read in some time. RIP and so thankful you got to take delivery before you passed away... :(
Prayers for you and your family.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Sincere condolences to family and friends. So very selfishly I can't help think of my family since he and I are of similar age. My kids got an extra kiss as they slept last night after I read through this thread. Thank you for the perspective, Mitch. That little empty circle next to your username is ominous.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Very sad story. Truly bittersweet. I can't imagine going any other way--with my loved ones close by and my passion in hand.

Strong work Ford/DBK and all those involved for making it happen! Now more than ever I am convinced that we are truly a family bound together by a great organization and community.

Godspeed Mitch. Bless you and your family.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Very sad story our thoughts are with your family.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Condolences to Mitch's family and friends. R.I.P.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Team Mitch has received numerous inquiries asking how to best honor Mitch with charitable donations.

Mitch and Amy were very grateful to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network, PanCAN, for the information and support they provided, and their funding of efforts to find a cure. The link to our TEAM MITCH PanCAN Donation site is (http://support.pancan.org/site/TR?fr_id=1352&pg=team&team_id=9053.) From the early days when they were just learning about pancreatic cancer, to the last weeks when they were still searching for new trials, PanCAN was a godsend to the Lane family. Additionally, there is a talk of a hockey scholarship being established in Mitch’s name for youth hockey.

Following Mitch’s wishes, in lieu of flowers, we ask you to either donate to PanCAN, or wait for more information in the coming weeks about donating to a scholarship fund in Mitch’s name.

1352.2024378678.custom.jpg

Sadly, and quite incredibly, I hate to note that Mitch isn't the only 2017 Ford GT owner to be taken by pancreatic cancer. Another family took delivery just after the gentleman that ordered it passed away from a short fight with the same. So if you have a chance, perhaps make a donation in both their honor.

http://support.pancan.org/site/TR?fr_id=1352&pg=team&team_id=9053

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cancer is terrible. I'm sad we have lost two GT friends and there are thousands more sad stories. Thanks DBK for the info.

Ed

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sadly, and quite incredibly, I hate to note that Mitch isn't the only 2017 Ford GT owner to be taken by pancreatic cancer. Another family took delivery just after the gentleman that ordered it passed away from a short fight with the same. So if you have a chance, perhaps make a donation in both their honor. http://support.pancan.org/site/TR?fr_id=1352&pg=team&team_id=9053

Great idea, thanks for putting that up. Done.

Chip

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I was very saddened to hear this.. Mitch wrote me back in May when he knew my car was getting close and his was in the works. He told me he didn't post much but was checking in 5 times a day. He told me about his Matt Black Heritage and I know he was more than excited.. I had no Idea of his condition. I wish I could have met him and he could have had more time on this earth.
Thank you Ford for what had to be the Ultimate adult version of " Make a Wish " a dream come true for one GT owner.. God Speed Mitch.. you will ride with us along with our other fallen GT Friends.. Thanks Dave for the link to the charities,,

Last edited: