Smoking Tire Video

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
New Ford GT video from The Smoking Tire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc6MqgjIVSI

Positive piece. Haven't heard the claims on frame crush strength or steering column.

Still wouldn't let him drive my car.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I had read that the steering column was out of an Aston Martin Vanquish - who knows? Who cares? :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I had read that the steering column was out of an Aston Martin Vanquish - who knows? Who cares? :cheers

That was my understanding as well. Now it could be that the Vanguish also used the Focus steering column and rack. Whatever it is, it works great!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If you noticed, "our host" was not simply tossed the keys to the F-car, NOR was he behind the wheel for quite some time...and when he finally WAS, "someone else" looked just a wee bit n-n-n-nervous! :lol:lol:lol

Pockets wouldn't have tossed anyone the keys (especially to someone I really didn't know - setup or no setup), NOR would I have left the driver's seat regardless. :frown

(A friend of mine is a member of a big name Hollywood production company. He asked me if I'd consider "renting out" a particular car of mine for use in an upcoming movie production. THAT I also declined! :lol)

Pansy Pockets, P.o.P. (Prince of Paranoia)

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
I agree.... WAY too much risk.

Also, is the roof crushing thing a fact?

Aug 25, 2006
I agree.... WAY too much risk.

Also, is the roof crushing thing a fact?

Yes the roof crushing thing is a fact

Alex aka T&A shocks and I chatted about it at length while in Texas last yesr

He said; as I recall that the machine was broken during the test and then they could still open the doors and drive the car.

Shadowman

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Yes the roof crushing thing is a fact

Alex aka T&A shocks and I chatted about it at length while in Texas last yesr

He said; as I recall that the machine was broken during the test and then they could still open the doors and drive the car.

Shadowman

My goodness! :eek

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Unless you roll it and land on the roof.