Should or Must do's for tracking GT.... + prep

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
All you red neck, blue tape using brigade..... thats too tight ass to dish out $$$$ for a clear paint protection (could be me) what non obvious spots need to be "blue taped" from track crap skiddies.

Stu

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
mine is on the way to Rich!

It used to be "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" now it's ...."Rich Rich Rich"
As Trumpy would say..
"A lot of people are saying he's very good....... very smart.... he's improving GT's and some are saying, by 20%, 40%, 70% and some of our numbers are coming in a 110% better".

Reactions: sahlman

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Anyone use their phones for in car recording. The GoPros are terrible at giving a feel for the track and distance... really only good for the interior view. They do outside great, wish they recorded a better representative sound....always been empty in depth.
I put my phone up on my suction mount above sub and gave a nice view and also works on the front glass.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tape that whole front of the car, the wheel wells, the fenders behind the wheel wells and the bottom of the doors. Anyplace you expect rock chips. I have the Sppedlingerie bra and mirror covers on mine for 14 years and it does a great job for protection on the front.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Also blue tape the entire windshield.

Reactions: PeteK and dreimer

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Also blue tape the entire windshield.

Man that made me laugh....
Maybe a long mail box slit to see out of..

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Famous Bushranger in Australia used this...So this is the view you think I should get with the blue tape on the shield..Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 10.42.49 am.png

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Don’t forget leading edges of the side scoops

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
bubble.jpg
This stuff works great.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Tape that whole front of the car, the wheel wells, the fenders behind the wheel wells and the bottom of the doors. Anyplace you expect rock chips. I have the Sppedlingerie bra and mirror covers on mine for 14 years and it does a great job for protection on the front.
Good advice...a lot are going with Xpel Tracwrap for this now which is a temporary clear.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Don’t forget leading edges of the side scoops

Great call....

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Good advice...a lot are going with Xpel Tracwrap for this now which is a temporary clear.

Tracwrap is the go....brilliant

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I remember 10 years ago in Australia I had to take my car to the shop that built it and at the time we had locust swam in the state so I bought some of the stuff (like thin tracwrap) that we used to put on our school books so I wouldn't have hundreds of exploded bugs all over the front go the ute.
When I got there I just peeled it off and done. The radiator was a green mess though.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
How much fluid does the clutch and the brakes take. I cant find it in the manual.

Can't seem to find the Padgid Yellow pads any place, plus I dont know what part number they would be....

Scott at Ahlman says he likes BREMBO's brake fluid best, its same price as SRF that is also top dollar.

Stu

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Stu, checking on pad options for you. Awaiting timing of the ST43's we run as well.

Yes we have had great results with the Brembo HTC64T. I run ~3-4 500 ml bottles with just gravity bleeding to all four corners (one at a time) on the R8 until they run clear once per year because of track running. Should be the ~same on the FGT. About ~1 hour per corner that way...slow but very effective. The pressure bleeders go much faster.

Don't have the HTC64T on the website yet. Will get it up there this week to order.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Suck out the brake and clutch reservoirs. Refill both with new fluid. Bleed clutch. 1 pint. Bleeding brakes you'll need another pint.
Refill clutch reservoir each time you open the bleeder!!!!! Brakes can do a couple times Do not let either reservoir go dry.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are two bleeding spots for the clutch. First is middle of firewall second is down low, right rear.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The last couple times I’ve flushed brake and clutch, I found 1 quart(liter) bottle was sufficient.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Not sure I should post this but....

Thanks for input.
IMG_5488.jpg

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Looking through the manual and with the help of a magnifying glass and my phone I got a shot of optional jacking points they list.
The pic of the gaffe tape feels (by tapping on) to be the outside point that could be used.... Your thoughts.
They should have marked any locations from factory visually easy.

Attachments

• IMG_5457.jpg
    IMG_5457.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5494.JPG
    IMG_5494.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1