Status
Not open for further replies.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
ROCMAN said:
She will know once she sits in it. I knew the GT was for me without even a test drive. :biggrin

Yeah, I knew it was for me too. I'd never even sat in one, but bought it sight unseen from Pennsylvania.

And I could not be happier.

Black with no stripes, no mac...It was what I wanted, so I went for it.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
GT for your mom, no way !

Supraboy,

forget it ! No way your mom should get herself a GT. She should get a 360 with paddleshift, it is easy to drive, will give her kicks (get a TUBI installed), and she is in a luxury cabin with trunkspace and flip forward seatbackrests.

With the 430 out, she can get a good 360 cheap already I guess, and not look at huge depreciation and clutch exchanges and so on... The GT is a boys car, can't imagine a stylish mom to drive it. Really can't.. :eek

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Here in Southern CA, the 360 pricing seems still very high, since it's difficult to obtain a 430, due to demand outstripping supply.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
SYCO GT said:
Here in Southern CA, the 360 pricing seems still very high, since it's difficult to obtain a 430, due to demand outstripping supply.
Ok, didn't know that.. Mom needs to wait then.. :wink

Oct 22, 2006
i appreciate the concers and iam not being rude by saying this,but myself and the rest of my family wouldnt be caught dead in a 360 modena.We hate the look's of the car,it is slow,the transmission and clutch is horrible,and the people that drive them in southern california are the cheesiest people in the world.You basically get laughed at if you drive one.I believe the ford gt is a beautiful car and iam not even an american car lover.My mom drove the car with ease and the mastertech that took her on the test drive said he was very immpressed the way she drove it.I witnessed from far away how she went threw the gears and did it just like any other,"MAN", could do it. I taught her very well and trust her that she could drive it.Once again please dont think iam being rude iam just saying that she loves the car and can drive it.

Oct 22, 2006
oh and one more thing my name isnt SUPRABOY,It is supranick with a 7 5 0 HP, and that is for horsepower slf360.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I live in So Cal, and I am a hardcore car guy, and I would not laugh at anyone in a Ferrari. If you don't like them, then that is one thing, but to say you wont buy one because you think others will laugh at you is retarded. Most that laugh at a Ferrari's are haters. There are people that laugh at GT's saying "Who is stupid enough to spend $160K on a Ford?" That did not stop me from buying it.
I am telling it like it is. I dont own one, never have, but will have an F40 in a few years. On a track, I think a Stradale will hand the GT it's ass, so saying Ferraris are slow is not exactly accurate.
I was considering the Stad and the GT, and went with the GT because I like to drive my cars and not get penalized for the miles.
I do understand what you are saying about some of the Ferrari owners, or Ferrari Fags like some say :wink , but to throw out a blanket statement like that is not accurate. Many people that own Ferraris are REAL car guys.
I think that some of the people, myself included, are not saying the GT is not for ladies, but saying that a lady may become tired of driving a car that requires so much. You have to always find 2 parking spaces, or else you may not get in or out of the car, no rear visibility, low ground clearance, etc. Driving the car is the easy part, it's all the other stuff that a lot, NOT ALL, ladies would not really care to deal with. I do understand that girls can love cars and drive the hell out of them too.
Again, these are just my thoughts.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Supraboy,

I think you offended Supraboy :frown

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
"There are people that laugh at GT's saying "Who is stupid enough to spend $160K on a Ford?" That did not stop me from buying it."
These are the same people that we laugh at in our rear view mirror ! :thumbsup

Oct 22, 2006
ok guy's maybe i came off wrong and didnt explain myself completly.i like some ferrari's like the f40,f50,enzo,and the old dino's.Most people i have seen driving 360's are the people iam talking about.i have a few people i know in socal that have them and dont know anything about the car and just got them just to get some ass.the stradale on the other hand is ok in my mind, but would never own one. I had a few encounter's with some 360's with my supra and they couldnt stand a chance and got very mad at me. They said i was using spray and to take it off of the car so they could hand me my ass.It was all turbo and no spray to be honost.I am not being a hatter on ferrari's i just like to be the underdog.I can afford a ferrari but would rather be in a supra or any other japanese car and take down a car 2-3-4-5 times the amount of money.call me an ahole but i just hate 360's.I guarantee there is one car out there you dont like and would never be seen in.My mom wants the GT for the weekends,doesnt dress in fancy clothes,no luggage,and allways valets her sports cars.The blind spots were not even an issue.So basically all i can say is,you guy's answered all of my questions,there were some people that left comments they could of kept to themselves,i got called SUPRABOY because some guy's are scared to race them and thnk people that drive them are,"ricers",and hopefully in the next week we will have our GT in the garage and will love it just as much as you great car enthusiast.Good luck in the future with your cars and be safe.thank you, SUPRANICK750HP

Oct 22, 2006
ROCMAN you make very valid points and i recpect them because you came off very intelligent and new your shit about cars.your GT is gorgeous by the way.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Hate the driver, not the car. :wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
ROCMAN said:
On a track, I think a Stradale will hand the GT it's ass, so saying Ferraris are slow is not exactly accurate.

I think SLF360 would be the best one to answer this, since he owns both and drives them like they should be driven.

My guess is that a stock GT would have the advantage in a wide high speed track with long straits and the Stradale would be better at tracks with a lot of transitions and difficult narrow corners.

Now modify the GT and add 150 hp it would be faster at almost any track until its brakes fade.

BlackICE

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2006
SYCO GT, to whom are you referring to.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Everyone (in general) and no one (in particular). :banana

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Supramom's car need

supranick750hp said:
myself and the rest of my family wouldnt be caught dead in a 360 modena.
We hate the look's of the car,
it is slow,the transmission and clutch is horrible,
and the people that drive them in southern california are the cheesiest people in the world.
You basically get laughed at if you drive one.

I witnessed from far away how she went threw the gears and did it just like any other,"MAN", could do it.
I taught her very well and trust her that she could drive it.

Supramacher,

You know it ALL, already ! Why you need to come here and ask our kindly devoted time for advice then in the first place, only to come with rather stupid and uneducated presumptive statements back at us? :confused It's not that type of forum. Go to Ferrari chat... They are also VERY educated and know what they chat about firsthand :ack

Rocman put it right. Unless it is at least a second (or third or tenth or..) car for your mom, the GT is definitely not the handiest daily driver for your mom. Consider the parkingspace required at the mall, the nonavailability of a trunk (even for a makeup bag that will just melt up front), the clutch wear with the long gearing in stop and go California traffic.. Maybe you forgot to tell us in the first place your mom has already five other cars in her garage, in which case I strongly recommend she should get also the GT ! :thumbsup

You have demonstrated clearly to everyone here you know nothing about driving a 360, but nevertheless allow yourself frank (second hand) judgement about handling it. :thumbsdow Not very educated, I must say.

The 360 is a lovely car to drive, if you only learned and know how to, you get a lot out of it, believe me. First thing for you, start with putting it in sport, and turn the ASR off.. then build and show your ability to drift the baby like she should. The clutch is marvellous, it has one of the best (manual) gearboxes, beautiful to look at shifter, that, if you hit it right and fast, gives you the unmistakeable sound of Dupont lighters - pling-, and you know you came through clean. Takes some practice, but is great once you are there... Don't go for the F1 I would clearly say, unless you have to sell the car off quickly again to pay for next months trailerpark fee. Unless it is the Stradale it shifts way too slow. Even my Stradale I drive exclusively in RACE mode for that reason. Then they all have drive by wire, allows easiest cruising in ANY gear at 1000 revvs flat in california traffic without stalling the car, or even needing to put a foot on the gaspedal. Just select your gear for best 'rollspeed', and rest the foot where most comfortable.....
I thought these were all valuable aspects to get your mom around to where moms classically usually need to go with a car. Maybe I was wrong believing she was a kid raising mother, with a domestic management function, including raising well behaved children. Or does she have a dayjob, or maybe a nightjob :lol , we don't know, you didn't reveal..

If I am wrong, forgive my humble self for not knowing the exact circumstances of needstate.

My actual shopping car here in Italy is a 360 Spider, manual box, tubi style challenge exhaust, just love it. Yes, I do even my daily grocery shopping in it ! The 360 is very easily parked by the way, specifically when you have the (see through) challenge grille on the back, as you park it to two inches from any object. Try that with the GT, amico.. Freaks people out when I leave the supermarket (or is it supramarket, ,,, hmmm) and stow away with ease all the water bottles, delicacies and bags of stuff in the front luggage compartment. No one laughs at me ! Or would at your mom, I am sure, if she drives as well and selfconfident as you describe.
With the manual box it is just fun to whenever you want spin the car for a full circle or drift out of a tight corner as per your liking, just learn to drive it first. By the way, we here are of the belief if you learn to handle a 360 well (ASR off), you can handle any car, including the Murcielago or even the supposedly undriveable Porsche Carrera GT (that I all have driven myself..).
If your mom is not really as good a driver as her admiring suprason thinks, she would be safer in a 430, btw. They took the 360's edge out, and it is more easily controlled, in oversteer situations. But ok, if you like to be the underdog, maybe the Modena is not the right car. But I think humbly, then the GT isn't right either.

In sum, the 360 is a very practical daily driver, and it is friendly to use in situations that I consider your mom finds herself in frequently. The GT is an incredibly satisfying legend for moments of car appreciation.

Regarding Rocman's comparison of the GT and the Stradale, he is generally right. But when I took delivery of the GT I was not impressed with the power output and handling, having the Stradale to play and which was my benchmark car. Then I did - as many here - few minor changes to the GT, and it came alive with 100+ HP more ! I think anything around 620 to 700 is sort of ideal powersetup for the GT. Then, if you need tighter cornering, just give more gas, and in any situation the car comes around. As it's turning circle is fairly wide, perfect for tight U-turns. Great fun on roundabouts to oversteer it a full circle around, with the extra power the car is a blast.
It is also the best Highway sportscar I've ever owned. Great cruising at 200 miles an hour, very stable. When I do that in the Ferraris, boy, I need to pay attention. In the GT, fully relaxed. At 190, you still answer the phone (windows closed, that is). Do that in a Ferrari. Nope.

On a wide fast track the GT will whoop the Stradale. Acceleration out of the curve, speed, long gearing will work for it. On tighter ones, the Stradale beats it. Better steer in, best cornering, and with the ceramic brakes, you break just before, and precise avery time. No fading, no mass that tears bend after bend the Aston Martin Brembo Brakes apart and gets the discs so hot, they grow heatcracks (My biggest fear here, as happened to 1 of 19 who also is well known for fast autobahn nightrides..)
On a course like Monza, the GT wins, in Imola the Stradale.

Supraman, I also have a ricer, like you. It is fun. Subaru WRXSTI Prodrive PPP Performance. My favorite winter, play in the snow car. Only thing, after a while it gets a bit tiring, but still, in the snow the best it gets.
In any case, if people laugh at you, just smile back ! :wink

Enjoy the GT - that you obviously already had ordered, and remember to park wide and move the seat to the maxximun back when doing so (you never know how wide you can open the door when you come back), and keep your head low..
And get it modded quickly, or otherwise you will not feel what the car is capable of.
Ah, and maybe move to Europe, if you like fast driving ! :biggrin
Let me close with one final advice here: Know what you are talking about in the first place, if you ask questions don't do so if you already have all the answers yourself (wastes other peoples time), things your mother should have taught you whilst changing gears, and respect this exquisite community for what it is. We are not taking each other apart, like on few other forums (like the US dominated Ferrari forum, which frankly sucks). You obviously love and admire your mom a lot, something very respectable. Make that your standard with all people.

Not figured yet why one 'loves to be the underdog', to put 750HP in a Supra, to get at hated Ferraris.. :willy something DID go wrong in your childhood. Early divorce ? What style of driving your Dad stands (stood) for then.. ? Maybe our Doc Eshrink can give some more advice, not my area of competence.

:cheers

Stefan

PS: Come to Maranello this weekend. We do trackwork in the F430 Challenge to prepare for next years European championship. We'll teach you some tricks you don't know yet.. :biggrin

PSII: Hang around here a bit, we'll have fun with you! :biggrin :biggrin

PSIII: Never thought I'd write so much about the F360 here. Forgive me, buddies !

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
BlackICE said:
My guess is that a stock GT would have the advantage in a wide high speed track with long straits and the Stradale would be better at tracks with a lot of transitions and difficult narrow corners.

Now modify the GT and add 150 hp it would be faster at almost any track until its brakes fade.

BlackICE

Black ICE,

you are spot on ! :thumbsup The powered up GT will be hard to beat for anything, except the MC12 or the FXX. The Enzo will fail to do so. Only Achilles heel are the non carbon brakes.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Stefan,
How come you never invited the "Cyclenerd" to Maranello? I want to learn some knew tricks? In an F430!!!

Supranick,
I belong to a local NC chapter of the Ferrari club, and I have to say that it is great. The vast majority of members are real car enthusiasts and many, like Stefan, own more than 1 exotic. The GT would not exist without Ferrari. Perhaps it is different in California...but, having been someone who has travelled extensively and lived in a lot of places, I doubt it. Most people by in large are similar, just different accents!!
Also, don't let joking around get to you. I have been called many things in life...just roll with the punches. If the worse thing that happens to you is that someone calls you "Supraboy" well you've led a lucky life.
I am and remain the "Cycleboy"!!

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Cyclenirvana said:
Stefan,
How come you never invited the "Cyclenerd" to Maranello? I want to learn some knew tricks? In an F430!!!

Cyclenerd,

no buddy, not in the streetcar, but in the full out 430 Challenge Racecar, the one with P zero slicks and centerlock wheels, the full telemetry and digital display, and only one seat left to the fire extinguisher :willy and no dooropeners.. :biggrin :biggrin. The one that is NOT allowed on the road, buddy.....

The cool thing is on the telemetry you see everything. Can't hide. They see when you lift what foot off to what degree, what individual wheel speed is at any point of time, when you shift, you can overlay your various laps and all the other cool stuff.. I am always amazed, and if you are not concentrated could even be an embarrassment. :eek

With the slicks at first it is a mindf**k. You go into the curve, completely convinced you fly off half way around. Glued to the track, real G-force..

I'll post some pics next week. :banana

Stefan

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Yes, I do agree that a modified GT is in it's own class. :wink
When I say track, I usually mean one that has a fair amount of twisties, and meant to say stock vs. stock.
With that said, I can not wait to throw the Whipple in mine! :banana

Stefan,
Did you order your Strad with only the rear stripe, or have that done after you got it? I think that looks awesome! Still has that Special Stradale flavor, without the "Good humor" color scheme. :wink :cheers
More pics please! :biggrin

Status
Not open for further replies.