Should I lower her more?

JKR

GT Owner
Guys what do you think should I lower her more, at the moment she is riding at the stock height with 19" in the front and 20" in the rear ?

Attachments

• IMG_4265.JPG
    IMG_4265.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_4264.JPG
    IMG_4264.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_4255.JPG
    IMG_4255.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4256.JPG
    IMG_4256.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 302

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I think she looks spectacular! My vote is no. Love the rims too. They remind me of the GTX rims. Who makes them? They look stunning with the Tungsten color combo.

Enjoy her.

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
I do not think you need to at all. I think she looks just right. The rims are most suited to the colour of the car. I would leave her as she sits now.

:cheers:cheers Mike

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
They are the X1 wheels.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Also, I'm 90% sure that car has been lowered some. I have done many 19 and 20 inch wheel combos with the Michelin tires and they don't sit anywhere near that low unless we lower them. You have the pirellis on there which should not make a difference in height. Thats MK2s old car with the butterfly doors...

P.S. Car looks great AS IS!!! :)

Last edited:

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
It looks perfect the way it is!!!!!!

I had mine slamed so low there wasent any shock travel left { Penskys } It looked cool but was not fun to drive, actually it adversely affected the handling. I also had the alinement checked after i set the final ride height and all four corners were in need of adjustment. Of course the final say is up to you but i think she looks great. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Leave it the heck alone!!! Don't mess with 'perfect'!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It's way to high !!! I am basing this from the last time I was following you. You did not have any sparks coming from the bottom of the car so you still have a ways to go !!...:biggrin

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I've lowered five GT's and started very low with the first one, then worked my way higher on the others. I think you're better off where she is now, as it's stance is great. You run the risk of wearing out your bushings must faster the lower you go, not to mention the issues of clearance. Keep her "as-is".

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
if you lower her more she will scrape even the smallest road bump. Don't mess with something that looks good!

JKR

GT Owner
Guys thanks for all your input, you've been a great help:thumbsup

"She will stay as she is" :cheers

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Also, I'm 90% sure that car has been lowered some. I have done many 19 and 20 inch wheel combos with the Michelin tires and they don't sit anywhere near that low unless we lower them. You have the pirellis on there which should not make a difference in height. Thats MK2s old car with the butterfly doors...

P.S. Car looks great AS IS!!! :)

yeah i'm with Shelby, its hard to tell in the pictures but i think your car is lowered about an inch or a bit less. mine is 1 inch on 19x20s (see pics in the thread below).

Also - this car had alot of mods, bumper delete, doors etc so i would be surprised if it were running at stock height.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8519&page=30

Last edited: