Shelby bash 2010

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Just signed up for the Shelby Vegas Bash in Jan 2010.
Anybody going? I know there is a good number of GT owners with cobras and GT500's.

It's my first outing with these guys, I wouldn't mind seeing a familiar face or two from the GTforum.:biggrin

If anybody is going, post your t-shirt size and I'll bring you a Project321 t-shirt.

Jake

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Jake,

I'll be there with the X1 (I shouldn't be hard to find). Are you starting from Gardena? Size XXL, and thanks!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Rick (Shelby #18)

look what showed up last week!

shelbyGT500Buerge11-25-092.jpg

iphone360.jpg

Been talking to my Vice President friend at Shelby American, is the SS worth it? Kind of a stupid question, but I am potentially in for the $1700 for the extended warranty today or tomorrow, but would lose that if I went SS on this one. Would look cool with the SS, but not sure I like the side air scoops, with your convertible you by passed thoes attachments. Quoted at 31K for everything. How long did it take on your GT500 to do the mods? I know you put i the 427, so that was extra time. 730 bhp sounds awesome but rarely used?

Last edited:

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Jake,

I'll be there with the X1 (I shouldn't be hard to find). Are you starting from Gardena? Size XXL, and thanks!

Rick, :lolthat will be easy to spot.
We won't make the trip from Gardena. Sadly, It would add an extra 4 hours at least to our trip. But we'll see you there!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Where is the Shelby Bash?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Rick (Shelby #18)
Been talking to my Vice President friend at Shelby American, is the SS worth it? Kind of a stupid question, but I am potentially in for the $1700 for the extended warranty today or tomorrow, but would lose that if I went SS on this one. Would look cool with the SS, but not sure I like the side air scoops, with your convertible you by passed those attachments. Quoted at 31K for everything. How long did it take on your GT500 to do the mods? I know you put i the 427, so that was extra time. 730 bhp sounds awesome but rarely used?

Very nice car! Congratulations. I really like my SS conversion. But I have not seen it on the 2010 cars in person. One thing about my SS that I will change is the Eibach suspension. It's as hard as a rock, and makes for an uncomfortable ride. Ford Racing would have been a better choice.

As for the length of time. Mine was one of the first, it took 5 months. The 427 addition was done in less than a month, but was also done at a later date.

Seeing the Walker Buerge Ford sign brings back old memories. I used to work for BofA across the street from them back in the 70's. They were that branches largest client.

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Where is the Shelby Bash?

Las Vegas Jan 7th-10th. Link:http://www.shelbyvegasbash.com/

Last edited:

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
Which car are you taking Rick, Tungsten or Blue? You go Blue, I'll take my Tungsten. I'll just trailer to Vegas, I think I'll be RVing in Phoenix around then.

Kelly

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Which car are you taking Rick, Tungsten or Blue? You go Blue, I'll take my Tungsten.
Kelly

Hello Kelly,
Are you going?!!! Sorry, Only the Tungsten will be ready in time. Kip can only commit to one, and I took the Blue last year.

Kelly-X1

Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
Hello Kelly,
Are you going?!!! Sorry, Only the Tungsten will be ready in time. Kip can only commit to one, and I took the Blue last year.

I just saw this post a few minutes ago and was looking for something to do in Jan, so what the heck. You don't mind sharing the spotlight do you? I'm going to register now, package 2, bash and track for 1. Guess I'll see you there. I'll PM you.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
You don't mind sharing the spotlight do you?

Are you kidding? We'll have a BLAST! :banana:banana

Kelly-X1

Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
All booked.... Hey Jake, I'll take an XL on the shirt. thanks, see you next month.

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
All booked.... Hey Jake, I'll take an XL on the shirt. thanks, see you next month.

XL, you got it!
See you then.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
I'm going (not that anyone here except Rick knows me :)) Should be in an '08 vert or an '08 Viper rental or a V6 rental. With my luck it will be the V6 rental......

Rick, you bringing extra tires?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Rick, you bringing extra tires?

No, If something happens there enough local places nearby.

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca

Kelly,
I had a t-shirt all wrapped up and marked for you but for some reason I didn't match the name with the forum name. Anyhow, it was nice chatting!
Look me up next time you driving though Fresno and we'll go for a drive. And I'll get you that t-shirt:biggrin

Jake
Project321

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Jake,

Rick,
Nice to meet you at the Bash! Hope you had as much fun as I did.

Jake

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Jake,

I had an awesome time, it was great meeting you also. But I think I had more fun. The best part for me was watching the challenge between the Falcon, and the X1 with Gary Patterson at the wheel. The Falcon was a vintage race car with dual quads that put out 400 hp. And the guy that was driving it knew how to use all of them :thumbsup. Until Gary passed him no one else had that whole weekend. Videos below....

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Cool videos. Looks like a fun event.

Aug 25, 2006
Very nice; thank you for sharing the event

Shadowman