Shadowman's "Something Cool to Share"

Aug 25, 2006
I want to begin by expressing my most sincere appreciate to Pe2unia aka John and his friend and very anal/particular machinist Jim as they have worked hard over the past couple years creating some wonderful personal touch pieces for the gals and now what I consider to be an extremely wonderful mechanical enhancement for the Whipple gals.

Now having shared this what many do not know is the fact that when our economy went south it affected Jim on a grand scale and yet he pushed on never compromising the products as presented to all of us through Pe2unia aka John. As a reminder; here are a few of the items that Pe2unia aka John and John have presented thus far; the billet clamshell vents, the billet seat harness bezels, the engine bay struts, and now the custom Whipple supercharger pulley.

Pe2unia aka John contacted me many weeks ago asking what I thought about an alternate pulley for the Whipple supercharger sharing that Jim had created such a pulley for other applications and then “bang” the light went off and I told Pe2unia aka John that I had successfully used Jim’s pulley on Vortex superchargers; in fact they made the difference between a slipping and noisy belt versus a quiet slip free one hence boost. I then went on to say that I would like to try one on the Whipple supercharger. I wanted to try it on Ed Sims gal because his supercharger belt has always been prone too making noise; in fact we have replaced it several times and there was evidenced of slippage when operated under high boost levels. FYI; this design pulley has machine slots in the pulley that make certain that no air can become trapped between the supercharger belt and the pulley which is one of the reasons that supercharger belts will slip.

Jim agreed to make me one and once received I had it hard anodized and then it was immediately placed on Ed Sims gal. When I installed it I did “not” use the Whipple furnished snout idler designed to increase pulley belt wrap to determine just how effective it would be in this application.

I can share after numerous WOT dyno pulls with her creating approximately 850 RWHP and torque of approximatley 835 that the belt does not slip nor does it make “any” noise as such I consider this product a “home run” and a wonderful addition to the Ford GT community and a worthy consideration.

Thank you Pe2unia aka John and Jim for bringing another wonderful product to the community.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC02481.jpg
    DSC02481.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 929
  • DSC02298.jpg
    DSC02298.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 928
  • DSC02299.jpg
    DSC02299.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 920
  • DSC02300.jpg
    DSC02300.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 914
  • DSC02480.jpg
    DSC02480.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 933
Last edited:

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
Shadowman, I am using the 19 inch pulley on my Whipple now... Questions:

What is the diameter of this pulley?

Aprox how much HP will be gained?

Do I need to change boost levels?

Can you install at the Rally? ( I'll be there the 22-27 )

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman, I am using the 19 inch pulley on my Whipple now... Questions:

What is the diameter of this pulley?

Aprox how much HP will be gained?

Do I need to change boost levels?

Can you install at the Rally? ( I'll be there the 22-27 )

Thank you for the reply

First of all the pulley size could remain as you presently have; meaning Jim would machine a few different size pulleys so as to create the same gross boost level however this pulley design will IMO insure that you do not have belt slip when she is under boost which causes a fluctuation and lose of boost; this is a situation that many have and will continue to experience. Furthermore the custom pulley does a much better job of allowing the belt to remain in constant contact with the the pulley as such the secondary snout pulley IMO is no longer required for the moderate boost applications; I have not tested a higher boost application as such I can not confirm that it would not be required when creating 21 and greater PSI.

As for installing one at the Rally; I would be glad to however sadly this is not possible because Jim will need to get a feel for the number of folks that would like one followed by the machining and then the hard anodizing of them.

Takes care

Shadowman

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
You'll have to tell me more about this when we chat. Looks pretty awesome.
Wonder if it will help my squeaking problem when cold?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Shadowman, I am using the 19 inch pulley on my Whipple now...

Boy, I'd like to see that :eek

How do you get it to clear the alternator??

:lol :lol

Aug 25, 2006
You'll have to tell me more about this when we chat. Looks pretty awesome.
Wonder if it will help my squeaking problem when cold?

At the Rally we will chat and yes it will help; much

All the best

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006

LOL me too .... I missed this all together as I (we) knew what he was sharing

Shadowman

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Do an inch to PSI conversion, using Whipple's lookup tables. :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like it.

Are you compiling a build list now?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ya know, all these years and you still can't get a hand model.

Aug 25, 2006
Ya know, all these years and you still can't get a hand model.

Frank it is always nice to hear from you and FYI I continue to look for the person that will meet with your approval.

See you soon

Shadowman

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Am I correct to assume that you are speaking of Jim Reichard at Reichard Racing? I had used Jim to produce some Viper parts for us years ago and the workmanship was always top notch.

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga

Yep, I must be WAY OFF on that number.
I suppose you would not recommend I open a shop for GT engine mods? :)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Am I correct to assume that you are speaking of Jim Reichard at Reichard Racing? I had used Jim to produce some Viper parts for us years ago and the workmanship was always top notch.

Yes Jason that is the same Jim you worked with years back. I thought we discussed that at Rally IV in Texas? Maybe not

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Beautiful work!

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Ahh, there's only one 'hand model' allowed on this forum, and we all know who he is...

Frank it is always nice to hear from you and FYI I continue to look for the person that will meet with your approval.

See you soon

Shadowman

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Darned impressive looking piece!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup