Shadowmans impact on veterinary science

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
My dog, Laszlo, just underwent eye surgery and came home with a giant cone. The edges are really rough and, bumping in to everyone and everything, is leaving scratch marks everywhere.
Reflecting on Shadowman's photos of using his famous blue tape for protecting everything he works on, I thought I'd add a new use for this magical stuff.
To wit:

Attachments

• DSC_1615.jpg
    DSC_1615.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 190

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Cute photo. As a fellow dog lover - I wish your dog well. When my girl wore the halo after surgery, she figured out how to get it off the first day. She decided that running headfirst into the wall would pop the clips on the halo - and voila - it came off.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
He doesn't look happy, fix him up with a giant MAKERS MARK MANHATTAN :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Is the cone to stop him from biting or licking himself?

Aug 25, 2006
Too cool

I think that Laszio knows that he's is good hands and is happy to be home.

All the best with the recovery process

Shadowman

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
New sub "WOOFER" relocation cone

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Well, in dog years, he's over the legal drinking age, so I'll start looking for the ice.
Oddly, he usually has that sad look. Loves to be around my wife and I. But he's also a rescue dog, and based on some of his odd behaviors, I suspect he didn't lead a very happy 4-5 first years of his life.
But he's got a good home now...

He doesn't look happy, fix him up with a giant MAKERS MARK MANHATTAN :)

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Sounds like your girl is/was higher on the canine evolutionary scale than old Laz. He has trouble scratching himself unless I remind him to sit down.
Dang, his definition of domestication is, 'could not exist alone in nature'... :)

Cute photo. As a fellow dog lover - I wish your dog well. When my girl wore the halo after surgery, she figured out how to get it off the first day. She decided that running headfirst into the wall would pop the clips on the halo - and voila - it came off.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Yes, it's a remarkably simple if not clumsy solution to the problem of having a patient who does not know how to take care of himself, or can be restricted to a hospital bed.
As long as you don't mind all of the door jams scuffed, the floor lamps toppled, and it filling up with leaves and other detritus when returning from outdoors, it's perfect.
And NO, he is not allowed in the garage, or anywhere near the GT until he is de-coned.

Is the cone to stop him from biting or licking himself?

H

HHGT

I remember using one of these in college - as a beer bong. I skipped on the hose to minimize spillage.