Shadowman's Carbon Fiber Eye Candy

Aug 25, 2006
Several months ago during the fabricating of the subwoofer relocation systems Ash took the liberty to convert my plastic OEM center trim piece to carbon fiber. As the result several folks asked about it and then ultimately I had one more produced for a fellow in AZ; in fact for the fellow that purchased my AccuFab exhaust.

HOWEVER the initial piece was a carbon fiber wrap over the OEM plastic piece whereas when we did this last one a full scale aluminum tool aka mold was first produced to create a truly stunning piece. You can see in the pictures that it has a weave and color similar to the back of the seats and that the back side of the piece has all of the OEM edges and contours. In addition the OEM piece has molded into place plastic securing pins whereas the piece we just completed has conventional studs bonded into place and nylon nuts for securing it into place.

I share these pictures for two reasons;

1. To simply share another rather cool tweak completed for yet another gal
2. To see if there is interest in such a piece for others; I ask because the cost to create the mold and produce one part was comparatively speaking; extreme and if the interest is high enough I could rationalize putting the mold into service for a limited run as the means to offset the initial cost.

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC02635.JPG
    DSC02635.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC02637.JPG
    DSC02637.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 513
  • DSC02638.JPG
    DSC02638.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC01361.JPG
    DSC01361.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Shadowman depending on cost I have interest. Cool Piece!:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello Bill,
Is this the piece that fits on the center console and is currently padded?
Would be great to have a small storage area in there. Thanks Bill.
Cheers,
daniel

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
The perfect touch to finish the Mac Sub retrofit.

Bill,
I've always thought that was a great touch to finish off the original Mac Sub retrofit we did. I'm in. Let me know the cost and details if/when you determine if it makes sense for you to produce a run.
Thanks for doing the development work...again.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hello Bill,
Is this the piece that fits on the center console and is currently padded?
Would be great to have a small storage area in there. Thanks Bill.
Cheers,
daniel

'Looks like the face of the "storage bin" where the Mac speaker otherwise goes, Bony.

(Ganaddi (sp?) already makes a "glove box" like you're describing ... but, I think it runs $2,500 or more. And it IS a "small storage area" like you suggest! ...'No room for anything bigger.)

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
First of all it is the face of the storage bin as such Bony already has the wonderful all carbon fiber unit; the OEM piece is black plastic.

I will moniter the replies; I suspect that a number close to 10 is what it will take for the run to make sense so I will keep all informed.

Takes care

Shadowman

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I am also interested depending on the cost. thanks

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Bill - I WANT ONE!!

If it fits stock panel (no disrepect) GIVE IT TO ME

PM SENT!:cheers

sorry guys...........dindn't know i was was looking like GTJOEY :thumbsup

Last edited:

MI GT

06 679
Apr 27, 2007
FLORIDA
CF Parts

Count Me In For One. I Also Need The Boxes To Relocte The Sub And Amp.

Al

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
I'm interested as well, depending on cost. Do you know how to get the factory plastic part off without breaking it? I'd like to keep it to go back to stock if needed.

Aug 25, 2006
I'm interested as well, depending on cost. Do you know how to get the factory plastic part off without breaking it? I'd like to keep it to go back to stock if needed.

No worries; the factory piece is secured with several nuts on the back side and is easy to remove once the trim panel is taken out of your gal. The trim panel is secured with 6 Torx and again very easy to remove.

Takes care

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

I chatted with Bony and received his blessing to follow through with this thread and the solicitation of this piece. As was the case with the subwoofer enclosures; I am not doing this or offering this as the means to make a "plug nickel" but rather because I like the gals, I enjoy all of you on the Forum, and because frankly the plastic OEM piece looks as it is fricken "CHEAP" and this is a subtle and well balanced detail piece for the gals that ties nicely with the carbon fiber on the back of the seats. FYI; when the initial one was presented to me by Ash I said "darn; an very cool and unique piece just for my gal" however in the end I think that all should have the opportunity to have one as well.

Alright enough rambling; the carbon fiber pieces can be made and just so all are clear it took ... huuum .. much longer than expected for the original piece to be completed as such I wanted to make certain that I had confirmed timelines and cost before moving forward.

Since there was only one CNC machined aluminum mold made these will be made one at a time. The time for production will be only a few days with one piece being completed at a time. Since we machined an aluminum mold each piece will be perfect and identical. Furthermore now that the tool is in place we do not require your original piece as such you can leave your gal together and then once received it is a 30 minute process to install it.

The piece will arrive as seen in the picture ready to be installed and the cost for each piece is $165.00 plus FedEx shipping which considering the size and weight will fit without risk in a small FedEx box as such I project $25.00. I will confirm this once we establish how many folks would like this piece.

Think about it and if it is something that you would enjoy and apprecaite then by all means let me know and we can initiate the process.

Takes care

Shadowman

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
Count me in

:thumbsup Bill,
Count me in. Let me know how you would prefer to be paid, where and when to send it.
I'm really pleased you are making these available to those of us without the resources to do it ourselves.

Thanks again.
Lee

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
The Shadowman is being humble again about how nice this piece looks. I received the first production version yesterday. WOW. The quality and aesthetics are incredible. The mounting bolts on the back are done much nicer than oem. I hope to have everything (sub relocation) back together in the next few days, when I get some time.

I assure you that no one will be disappointed! It is a very very nice addition to the interior ... not too much CF, yet centered to be a very nice focal point.

Great job Shadowman and Ash!!!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Ok rub it in Shadowman....

I missed out on the sub relocation and Bony has all the cool stuff.:frown

I am going to get a second job (maybe at a gas station) so I have enough money to play in this GT world.:ack

All feel sorry for me now don't you.:frown

Count me in if it fits the stock console as you know I dont have a modified sub woofer relocation kit......Until Bony steps away from his car for dinner one night....us Detroit guys have some bad reputations we need to uphold.:eek

To much fun but yes I will take one for my Gal!:thumbsup

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
I'm still in. Thanks for the info. As with RSR1975 just let me know how to pay, and I'll pass along shipping address.

Aug 25, 2006
UPDATE

I have 5 of these being fabricated at this time and expect to have them to ship late next week. I will adjust the production as needed.

In a few days I will let you folks know how to pay and gather the ship to addresses.

All the best

Shadowman

Aug 25, 2006
Production Update

I have already sent PM's to several folks making them aware that their carbon fiber piece is being made ready to ship. I now have a second batch being worked on at this time so please let me know if you want one and I will tag it accordingly.

All the best

Shadowman

M

Mark O

I'll take one. Please let me know where to send payment. :thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
:banana

Attachments