Servicing Dealer Requirements

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Besides trailer, clean room, and certified tech are there other requirements for maintaining servicing dealer status?

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
That is pretty much it other than some required equipment that you have to buy.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
That is pretty much it other than some required equipment that you have to buy.

How detailed is the equipment list?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I could name one dealer that has delivered double digit numbers of GTs but has no clean room, the cars sit surrounded by F150s! They also think Mustang GT oil is the same as GT oil. As I’ve said many times, best thing about the newGT? It’s a Ford! Worst thing about the new GT? Ford service!

Reactions: cobra498

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I could name one dealer that has delivered double digit numbers of GTs but has no clean room, the cars sit surrounded by F150s! They also think Mustang GT oil is the same as GT oil. As I’ve said many times, best thing about the newGT? It’s a Ford! Worst thing about the new GT? Ford service!

We are so fortunate to have Pat Milliken Ford as our local dealer. Brian, Kevin, Joe and Ian are terrific guys to work with. They know the cars and have a fully equipped clean room. Can't say enough positive things about them.

Last edited:

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
How detailed is the equipment list?
Biggest cost is a tire changing machine

Reactions: Ed Sims

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan

I agree with u there on the clean room. There are def some without one. We pride ourselves on how nice our brand new dedicated clean room is, in floor hoist and two trained and certified GT mechanics. Joe and Wes have a combined 55 plus years of experience! And Ian Murphy for your contact as the GT service advisor and parts sales is top notch. We have serviced more GT’s than anyone in the country.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Had a chance to meet Ian yesterday nice to have the depth of expierence at Milliken.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Does that dealer have a tire changing machine safe for CF wheels?

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I agree with u there on the clean room. There are def some without one. We pride ourselves on how nice our brand new dedicated clean room is, in floor hoist and two trained and certified GT mechanics. Joe and Wes have a combined 55 plus years of experience! And Ian Murphy for your contact as the GT service advisor and parts sales is top notch. We have serviced more GT’s than anyone in the country.
Time to move to Michigan!

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Do you pick up and deliver to Texas?:)

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Do you pick up and deliver to Texas?:)

Lol. I doubt Ford will cover the warranty costs for us to drive out there and back. Solution: Move closer to Michigan 🤣 That being said if you and/or your dealer ever has any questions or needs anything my team would be more than willing to help!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Does that dealer have a tire changing machine safe for CF wheels?

We have a recent new Hunter machine that will do CF Wheels. I would think most large Ford dealers have similar machines. Remember some GT350's are also sporting the wheels.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
There are only a few specific items you really need for GT Service, The Transmission jack adapter to support trans axle. And 4 Go-jack dolly's.
And a trailer that meets the specs. The $$ trailer is what most dealers didn't have. The other tools are in most Dealerships.

The human, Technician is the important piece.

Reactions: Pat Milliken Ford

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Our dealer does not have a "clean room"

I talked to Carbon Revolution when I was buying a tire machine. There are actually no special requirements to mounting tires on CF rims. Its about cosmetics. Touchless to fully automated is the safest way to go.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
IDK if this is accurate?

Flounder

Nov 9, 2018
Curious, why would any dealer want to be certified to work on these cars? They don't even get to sale them and make a profit.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Curious, why would any dealer want to be certified to work on these cars? They don't even get to sale them and make a profit.
MSRP is not cost so they do make a profit. Ford trying to take care of their customer and eliminate the limited production fees some dealers would have added to the MSRP.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I think the list above was the intent. Im guessing that reality / negotiations through the process things evolved. Or maybe a servicing dealer said they would build the clean room, but never got around to it? I have not been thrilled with the conditions at our servicing dealer (its our in the open in a general service area). But the care the GT is given, and the tech are both excellent, making up for the lack of a clean room.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Yes, they do, and they are paid a very reasonable sum to do so.