Service items for NFGT

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Trying to buy oil filters for the NFGT and Mk II on line. Both use the same filter HG7Z-6731-A
Tried Torrie and two big dealerships on internet. Gave them the VIN number on my 2018 FGT. Order initially accepted but then got a notice that part “back ordered”. Talked with MM directly and they even have a hard time getting them.
I guess I could go to the parts counter at the local Ford dealership and get one at a time. Trying to buy 3 or 4 at once. Mk II needs oil changed every 6 hrs of track time. Coming up soon after I run at COTA in 2 weekends. MM is going to sell me a couple for short term solution.
Any other ideas?

As for motor oil...I verified with MM that Motorcraft 5W50 synthetic is acceptable alternative to the Castrol. It has same specs...
WSS-M2C931-C
I got the Motorcraft for $8 a quart from Rock Auto. Got 3 cases.

Brake fluid is not hard to find. Castrol SRF 4

I suspect brake pads are going to be parsed out, just like the oil filters.

Any ideas appreciated.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My mechanic at Servicing Dealership, Sterling McCall in Houston said the dealership has a hard time getting the filters and can’t get in bulk!

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Ajai,
I'm interested in what you discover as well...picked up 012 and tracked it on Friday. Put about 75 miles on it and probably an hour and a half or two of operating time. I'll check with my contacts here is CO. Have you discussed with Sean at MM?
-Christian

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Call Milliken!

Ed

Reactions: italianjoe

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I'll ask Sean at MM for input on how often the oil change intervals should be for street NGT that are used on the track? May have to track hours of track use and street miles.

Ford switched suppliers for the oil filter and will soon have abundant supply. Don's hoard them like COVID toilet paper :) . We all know how that turned out.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Try reaching out to MM?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Try reaching out to MM?

yes, they are sending me a filter. They are very responsive. Good guys. Oil change every 6 hrs of track time. I’ll be there after next weekend.

Reactions: Ed Sims

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Ajai,
I'm interested in what you discover as well...picked up 012 and tracked it on Friday. Put about 75 miles on it and probably an hour and a half or two of operating time. I'll check with my contacts here is CO. Have you discussed with Sean at MM?
-Christian

Yes, they have limited supplies themselves but are helping me out.

Reactions: THamonGT

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Is Ford attempted to prevent hoarding or is there an actual shortage?

Never mind, I see Spartan’s response above.