Service at Harrold Ford, Sacramento

206Dino

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2007
Some months ago, I took my 2005 GT to a local (Fresno) ford dealership for routine service, axle bolt replacement, and dead tach repair. I went there only because they were the only local dealership that agreed to let me stay with the car during the repairs. After the guy wrote up the order (this was clearly the first GT he'd ever seen), I was sent to the holding area, sat there about 30 mins while other cars were taken into the service bays, got progressively tired of being ignored, became worried about their ability to do the work (especially the tach), and left.

Based on the recommendation of somebody on this forum, I eventually called Harrold Ford in Sacramento and spoke with the owner, Dave Hellinge. He seemed very knowledgeable about the GT so Tues., I drove the 200 miles to Sac. and dropped off the car. What a world of difference between the treatment I received there and previously. Dave met me in the service line, talked at length his experience with GTs (he's owned many), talked about what would be done, introduced me to the tech (Steve) who would do the work, and even found some minor faults with warped exterior plastic parts that he said he would replace, also under warranty. He'd also gone the extra mile to order a new tach which was on hand, not even knowing if the tach itself was the problem. Amazing.

The service guy, Chuck, called me Tues. afternoon to report the car was fixed and ready to go, except for some of the plastic parts. When I told him I'd pick it up in the morning, he ordered an expedited shipment of the required plastic parts. They arrived early Wed. morning, Steve installed them, and I was on my way.

I can't tell you all how shocked and pleasantly surprised I was with the courtesy and respect shown to both me and the car. Dave himself drove it into and out of the shop. The entire staff there couldn't have been more friendly. I felt like these guys became the car's surrogate parents and was entirely at ease leaving it in their care.

Without qualification, I can recommend Dave and his guys at Harrold Ford.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
That's fantastic!

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you for sharing your experience

I work with Dave the owner of Harrold Ford all the time; in fact he is is in my facility several times a week delivering parts and looking over the gals being massaged.

He is very knowledgeable and even more so, he is extremely passionate about the F-GT and owns a couple of them as well.

IMO your trust was very well placed

Takes care

Shadowman

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
Hi!
I met you at Harrold's the morning you took your car...and I told you She would be in safe hands! Steve is a great guy and has always worked on my baby :) I'm still amazed you own a 206!!!!! LOVE that piece of art!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great news! For non warranty work I go to Evan Guyett here in Fresno, he is an expert.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Harrold Ford

I bought my GT from Dave at Harrold Ford. There aren't many owners that are true gear heads like Dave. He's the owner but he'll get on his overalls & join Steve, the GT tech, in the service shop. They teamed up to replace my half-shaft bolts. Dave will go to bat with Ford for us everytime. Dave lives & breathes GTs!

The one thing I notice whenever I go to the dealership is that they bend over backwards to help you -especially when they know you are a GT owner. I think Dave has trained everyone on the Harrold Ford Team to treat us like kings as he feels the GT & their owners are number one.

Even though Dave only sold around 8 GTs, he services more than 30 GTs! He has them trailered to him for service from far away.

Ed

Harrold Ford 916-922-1535

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
That is just great, leaving your baby at the dealership and be able to sleep at night, and,..., getting it back without a scratch. I didn't think dreams can come true:biggrin
Every time I call my local dealer, they give me the $19.95 oil change sales pitch :rofl
Any dealer in So. Cal that is par with Harrold Ford ?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I bought my GT from Dave at Harrold Ford. There aren't many owners that are true gear heads like Dave. He's the owner but he'll get on his overalls & join Steve, the GT tech, in the service shop. They teamed up to replace my half-shaft bolts. Dave will go to bat with Ford for us everytime. Dave lives & breathes GTs!

The one thing I notice whenever I go to the dealership is that they bend over backwards to help you -especially when they know you are a GT owner. I think Dave has trained everyone on the Harrold Ford Team to treat us like kings as he feels the GT & their owners are number one.

Even though Dave only sold around 8 GTs, he services more than 30 GTs! He has them trailered to him for service from far away.

Ed

Harrold Ford 916-922-1535

kudos to that and to Dave at Harrold Ford :thumbsup Dave got down and dirty to install my FRPP pipes and delivered the car on time as promised. I have too many good things to say about Dave, Steve and Michael. Great shuttle service and VIP treatment all the time. So glad we have him.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Junior, I hear you...I'm here in West LA and while Galpin in the Valley did OK with my warped lourves, I sure wish a dealer here was top notch. I've been to Santa Monica Ford and Buerge Ford and been less than impressed, have not left the GT at either place. But I need to get the half shaft bolts taken care of and don't want to have to go to an OC dealer for some peace of mind.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Junior, I hear you...I'm here in West LA and while Galpin in the Valley did OK with my warped lourves, I sure wish a dealer here was top notch. I've been to Santa Monica Ford and Buerge Ford and been less than impressed, have not left the GT at either place. But I need to get the half shaft bolts taken care of and don't want to have to go to an OC dealer for some peace of mind.
Kendall at Cool Tech did the work on mine. Top notch operation. BTW, Ford have a recall program that refund the cost of the repairs. But the search continues for a knowlegeable dealer in our area to perfom warranty work.