SCT Flash Reprogrammer

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
A New Jersey tuner (JDM) sells the SCT Programmer and codes for the Ford GT. The backing up and restoring of the factory codes is very simple as is the installation of the custom programs that they sell.

I have spoken with one GT owner in that locale who has done the reprogramming and states that he (strongly) feels that it has made a measurable increase in horsepower.

Has member of these forums used the programmer and (anyone's) codes.

Thanks in advance,

- doc

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
eshrink said:
A New Jersey tuner (JDM) sells the SCT Programmer and codes for the Ford GT. The backing up and restoring of the factory codes is very simple as is the installation of the custom programs that they sell.

I have spoken with one GT owner in that locale who has done the reprogramming and states that he (strongly) feels that it has made a measurable increase in horsepower.

Has member of these forums used the programmer and (anyone's) codes.

Thanks in advance,

- doc

The best advice I can give is to bring your car to a competent tuner that can tune your car correctly on a dyno while doing all the proper data logging. You're not dealing with a $20,000 car here and it would be a shame to not take full advantage of the technology out there. I would recommend a tuner that uses SCT and hopefully someone who has worked on a GT in the past.

Ken

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
JDM appears to have a good track record (pun intentional) with their programs. They have several for street and track, 93 octane and 100.

The fellow I mentioned who bought their programmer and software is experienced with muscle cars and indicates that the GT responded well to the change and that he could change back and forth for A-B B-A comparisons.

Nonetheless, I am gathering more data.

- doc

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
eshrink said:
JDM appears to have a good track record (pun intentional) with their programs. They have several for street and track, 93 octane and 100.

The fellow I mentioned who bought their programmer and software is experienced with muscle cars and indicates that the GT responded well to the change and that he could change back and forth for A-B B-A comparisons.

Nonetheless, I am gathering more data.

- doc

Did they tune it on the dyno or did they just give him a canned tune?

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
They offered the former; he requested the latter.

- doc

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I'm using the SCT Programmer. Muscle Motors provided me with two programs (in addition, of course, to the stock program). One program supresses the results of the downstream O2 sensor check (it's there but there's no longer a CAT between it and the upstream sensor). This is the program I'm currently using which prevents any check engine lights as a result of running cat-less.

The second program has this same O2 light supression and also has tuning done for the headers/exhaust. The butt dyno suggests there's an obvious difference with the "tuned" program, but I would prefer to dyno my car individually to validate a/f and timing.

The SCT stuff is all good, IMO.

lemans

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2006
hp sct & tuner in houston

Guys we just finished working on my car and with the roush performance pulley, k&n filter, tb accufab and borla exhaust we went from 472 hp to 553 hp. we did 3 runs on the dyno and we still feel that we can get it to 560-570
tuner needs info back from sct. I will have more info when they can contact the company next week and we can finish tunning the motor. I will ask him about th programs we used

lemans :thumbsup

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
lemans said:
Guys we just finished working on my car and with the roush performance pulley, k&n filter, tb accufab and borla exhaust we went from 472 hp to 553 hp. we did 3 runs on the dyno and we still feel that we can get it to 560-570
tuner needs info back from sct. I will have more info when they can contact the company next week and we can finish tunning the motor. I will ask him about th programs we used

lemans :thumbsup

Who wound up tuning it? You have to ask yourself the question, why do they 'need info back from SCT'? That would scare me. The tuner should have no issues tuning your car. Sounds like they ran into something they didn't know how to handle. What size pulley is the roush kit? Those number sound on the low side.

Ken

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
I agree that there is something strange with these #s. My '05 dynoed at 541HP stock. I only added the Ford racing Headers and "Tune" for 582HP.
I verified this with a different Dyno and got the same results.

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
I know a few people with JDM tunes. They do a phenominal job. I spoke to somebody at JDM about the GT's and they told me that all the GT's they have done have been pretty consistant and it is not really required to do the dyno tune. :thumbsup

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
agentf1 said:
I know a few people with JDM tunes. They do a phenominal job. I spoke to somebody at JDM about the GT's and they told me that all the GT's they have done have been pretty consistant and it is not really required to do the dyno tune. :thumbsup

Do you have a phone number and/or address for JDM? I'd like to speak to them.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Has anyone used the Kenne Bell Flash Tune programmer? They claim 47hp on a box stock GT (I know I've asked this before, but I don't believe I ever received any response).

Eric

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
SCT Flash...

Eric, and other Atlanta area GT owners,
Team Ford in Marietta, on South Cobb Dr between Dobbins and the Big Chicken, has a dyno and apparently some competent and experienced GT technicians. They have replaced at least one GT supercharger, but most of their work has been on Mustangs which they frequently build to 500-600+ HP. They have scheduled a Tungsten for the short throw shifter, pulley, trans cooler and Ford exhaust as soon as all the parts arrive. I'm scheduling a baseline dyno for next week, and they will probably be doing the mods mentioned above on my blue car, after I see the results of their work on the Tungsten (although I will probably have them install Bob Ida's exhaust). One of the motivations for using a Ford dealer for the mods is the warranty advantages, but competency and GT experience are higher priorities for me.

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
sharp33 said:
Do you have a phone number and/or address for JDM? I'd like to speak to them.
Both are on the web site. :thumbsup

http://www.teamjdm.com/

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
EasyEric said:
Has anyone used the Kenne Bell Flash Tune programmer? They claim 47hp on a box stock GT (I know I've asked this before, but I don't believe I ever received any response).

Eric
'
I believe they claim 37 HP on a stock motor but more importantly some big torque bumps lower down in the rev range.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I think one primary thing everyone needs to remember here when it comes to tuning is find someone that you trust to tune your vehicle and stick with them. I can guarantee you Ken will agree with me on this since we are both do this very thing for a living. I have done a lot of research on my own and other GT's and overall they are not technically difficult to nail down.