Saleen Invites GT Owners *10th Annual Car Show-September 9th*

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's pretty short notice, but Saleen was so excited about what a great time everyone had at their SSV facility in Troy they've added Ford GT's to the mix at their annual car show. They created a special class just for GT Owners because the turnout was so great in Detroit, and asked me to pass along an open invitation to all GT Owners to attend this event.

The event will be similar to what we had in Detroit with cars, food, entertainment, family fun, prizes, and factory tours of the Saleen facility in Irvine. Ask anyone who was at SSV, Saleen knows how to host a party! Also, Saleen's retail facility is just down the road for those who want to check out a pretty unique car buying experience.

I'm personally going to try and make it out there with my car. I may end up out of town for work that week, but I'm trying like hell to get free. Who couldn't use a California GT vacation and a Saleen party (especially one I had no role in :lol). Prime opportunity for a West Coast get together!

Who:
Vintage and Custom Mustangs, Ford Trucks, all Saleen Vehicles, and FORD GT's! GT's are class LL.

What:
Saleen Owner and Enthusiasts Club 15th Anniversary Celebration

When:
Saturday, September 9th, 2006
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Show cars must be parked by 10 and will be judged between 10-12.

Where:
Saleen, Inc
76 Fairbanks
Irvine, CA

Attachments

• Car Show_Posting.pdf
    451.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Car_Show_Registration.pdf
    505.9 KB · Views: 103

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I attended this event a few years back...think it was year 2 or 3. I was thinking about hitting Crystal Cove early that morning, then attending the Saleen event. Maybe bring along the Boss302 also....

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'll be out of town that weekend. :bang

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
DBK, Looks like I should make that one too. Hope you can. Detroit was great and this would be a good cool down event but still with the class and excitement. Let me know if you're going to ship out. I might be out of town on work. It's still up in the air. But if I'm here.... then I'm there.

Attachments

• my ride.jpg
    my ride.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 372

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Where do you stay? ( NY Guy asking)

In Newport? Irvine? I missed the other event.

One rookie qquestion: is this the place GTs are designed, fabricated, built prior to final assembly at Wixom?

Thx

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Kayvan said:
Where do you stay? ( NY Guy asking)

In Newport? Irvine? I missed the other event.

One rookie qquestion: is this the place GTs are designed, fabricated, built prior to final assembly at Wixom?

Thx
The best hotels to stay at are by john wayne airport about 3-5 miles from the saleen event.
No the gt's are done in troy mi. not ca. .
If you need any other info send me a pm.
todd

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'll go if I can get a ride with Florida Chris :thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
By chance I was walked through the plant yesterday. Very clean place, Motor shop, Assembly line, design etc. Worth the time.
He only had one GT there (Steves personal car) but many Mustangs and 3 or 4 completed S-7's as well as a few underconstruction. :thumbsup

California GT

GT Owner
Jul 24, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
I will definetly be going and have already sent in my registration. I live approx. 10 miles from the plant and would be more than happy to help anyone who is not familiar with the area. (lodging, food, etc.) Todd is correct, there are many hotels by John Wayne Airport, and most know how to accomodate exotic cars. If anyone would like to get a dinner together for Friday or Saturday night let me know and I will make the arrangements.

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
I just came back to Madrid, and the first thing I find in the forum is another event! God, I don't know if being a GT owner will definitely be one of the best experiences of my life or ruin entirely my job, family, etc...

Now I'm struggling to find a way to make it.

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
FYI - went to the Saleen car show on Saturady, the turn out looked good. Lots of turbos, nitro bottles and 17 GT's on site. Photos later - Jim

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
So were there people's choice awards for the GT class? If so, I imagine the Heritage cars must have topped the list.