Saleen GT Wall Mount Group Purchase

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Update

Got a call from Saleen yesterday. Took my credit card and placed the order. Looks like it will be a few weeks.
Don

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Dave - it looks like you have 24 solid orders (bolded names). Any update on status , timing , pricing, delivery dates etc?
andy
AJB Blue /White 2006 #0541

There are a couple of us who've "faxed direct" per Dave's instructions as well, so the list (naturally) doesn't show ALL the orders.

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Got a call from Saleen yesterday. Took my credit card and placed the order. Looks like it will be a few weeks.
Don

I received a call from them on Thursday. They told me they received about 50 orders from the group and were amazed. I guess they are doing the Red w/White first as he thought mine would ship in two weeks.:banana

Craig

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
What is the group price now from Saleen?

I ordred a red/wht drivers side wall art and see my name is highlited so I assume they have my order. I have not heard from them for payment instructions yet and just wondered what you guys are paying on the group buy? Any approx. indications on frt charges? Thanks, Chris PS: Anybody know Saleen's direct phone number...all I have is a fax number. Thanks again.

Last edited:

getbit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 15, 2006
Austin, Texas
I'm on the list close to you, Prowler, and not been contacted either...no worries.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm on the list close to you, Prowler, and not been contacted either.

Neither have I. They'll get to it eventually. 'No biggie.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Guys,
I didn't put all the names because some people faxed direct and thus aren't on the list. However, they will get the GP.

I got a message from SSV said they'd do 10% off any item. Hmm. I'm out of town right now but I was hoping to talk to them as soon as I get about that...

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Guys,
I didn't put all the names because some people faxed direct and thus aren't on the list. However, they will get the GP.

I got a message from SSV said they'd do 10% off any item. Hmm. I'm out of town right now but I was hoping to talk to them as soon as I get about that...

Hmmm..., I agree. The list we have is more than they will ever sell in the next 20 years, and it’s from their most loyal fan base. I guess they're not that interested... I've heard that's how Saleen works, it's a disappointing.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Guys,

They called me last week.

I think they are closed today [some kinda holiday I think].

They will get to you, please be patient.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I'm talking about the discount, not getting back to me. It's my understanding that DBK is in the "pricing" phase, and that is what my comment above refers to. The whole idea of us banding together to do a group buy was to bring the price down. Saleen is 1 mile from my office, for list price I can just go down the street and likely save the shipping. It's just a little disappointing that Saleen would not recognize our group purchase and the club for a better discount than 10%. :frown

DBK, thank you for continued effort.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I agree , 10% wasn't exactly what I had in mind on such a large number.

Dave, Much thanks for all of your efforts to get us a great deal.....Hopefully the dealing isn't over yet! A good deal on the freight would be nice too! I think $750.00 per is more appropriate on such as large order, as DBK thought they might would do. Just IMO.

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Prowler sez: <<<<<<
I ordred a red/wht drivers side wall art and see my name is highlited so I assume they have my order. I have not heard from them for payment instructions yet and just wondered what you guys are paying on the group buy? Any approx. indications on frt charges>>
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My name is high up on the list, but for some reason my name is not highlighted, nor have I been contacted by Saleen.
I'm "in" even for only 10% off, but hoped for better too.
Has anyone been quoted a price for shipping?

Last edited:

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Prowler sez: <<<<<<
I ordred a red/wht drivers side wall art and see my name is highlited so I assume they have my order. I have not heard from them for payment instructions yet and just wondered what you guys are paying on the group buy? Any approx. indications on frt charges>>

My name is high up on the list, but for some reason my name is not highlighted, nor have I been contacted by Saleen.

I was "quoted" $900 for the piece and "not more than" $100 for the shipping for an expected grand total of (you guessed it) $1000.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Hello John,
First I am waiting for DBK to comment on pricing, logistics, order confirmations etc. Second, if you and Jerry wants we could ship the three together and that will save freight costs which I expect will be considerable.
The freight is a fixed expense that obviously can't be discounted by Saleen.
Let me know if this strikes a chord.
God Bless America,
daniel

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
As someone that ships bulky items everyday, $100 seems kinda steep. It should be pretty light, so weight is not an issue.

Bulk would be the major thing. Judging by the size, it falls under the max girth limit for both FedEx and UPS of 130". Depending on how they package it, they will add girth for protection.

I am interested in seeing what the final packaged product looks like, and how large it is. If there is a choice of shipper, FedEx should be used. While FedEx is not a great shipper, they are considered to be the lesser of evils.

I hope they are experienced in proper packaging, or else everyone is gonna be pissed when the delivery driver shows up.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I just got a call from Saleen. They confirmed my order of the wall & table piece, and took a $100 deposit. I asked about the discount, and he stated that others had asked the same thing, and in his opinion with so many orders coming in that a better discount seemed appropriate, but that it was up to his "superiors". He told me that they won't charge my credit card until it ships to the Saleen Office, and if a better discount is arranged he will apply it to all the orders. So, there you go DBK, we're knocking on the door for you, then sending you in as our "closer".

Also, for those locally here in Southern California, there is no charge for shipping if you pick it up at the Saleen Corporate Office in Irvine, as they will put it on their regular shipment from Michigan. He said approximate shipping would have been $70 for the wall mount, and $300 plus for the table as it has a 85" x 23" x 1/2" very heavy piece of glass in it.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Gulf. Thanks for letting us know about the shipping option. I have not received the call from Saleen, but will definitely opt for the local pick up.

And thanks for working on negotiations. I will do the same when I hear from them. I am hoping for a discount of $200 or so...

SaleenInc

Jun 9, 2006
Royal Oak, MI
Saleen GT Wall Mount - Order Confirmations

Forum Members that ordered a GT Wall Mount and or a GT Table.

I am working down the list of orders that I have. I have only called and confirmed about 10 orders so far.

To help the process, if you could email me to confirm your order, the Color and side of the wall mounts and if you ordered a table, the table color also.

I would also like to verify the shipping address of the order.

I am taking 100.00 deposit on all orders regardless of how many wall mounts / tables ordered. Credit Card is fine, if you want to include that in the email also, that would be a great help.

The decided amount for pricing at this time is 10% off your order. Tables are 2300 and wall mounts are 1000. I have not yet shipped any orders out so for shipping I am guessing about 75 - 100 dollars depending on area. It could be a lot less but not sure yet.

Like I said. I have confirmed orders with about 10 people so far. If you want to help speed up the process please email me the info above. Or you can wait for my call.

kbelz@saleen.com or
my cell is 248-379-2778

Thanks for everyone's patience

Kyle Belz

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Forum Members that ordered a GT Wall Mount and or a GT Table.

I am working down the list of orders that I have. I have only called and confirmed about 10 orders so far.

To help the process, if you could email me to confirm your order, the Color and side of the wall mounts and if you ordered a table, the table color also.

I would also like to verify the shipping address of the order.

I am taking 100.00 deposit on all orders regardless of how many wall mounts / tables ordered. Credit Card is fine, if you want to include that in the email also, that would be a great help.

The decided amount for pricing at this time is 10% off your order. Tables are 2300 and wall mounts are 1000. I have not yet shipped any orders out so for shipping I am guessing about 75 - 100 dollars depending on area. It could be a lot less but not sure yet.

Like I said. I have confirmed orders with about 10 people so far. If you want to help speed up the process please email me the info above. Or you can wait for my call.

kbelz@saleen.com or
my cell is 248-379-2778

Thanks for everyone's patience

Kyle Belz

Hello Kyle,
Sent you an email, also a fax, please confirm receipt of fax that has credit card info and shipping address.
God Bless America,
daniel

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A 10% discount is hardly exciting. I'll need to rethink.