Road Trip from TX to Rally

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I already explained the by-pass situation to Silverbullit. DBTGT found out the hard way. He's lucky there wasn't a ballgame.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Could be parts cars, but there will be no bargains! :eek
Supply and demand you know!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
dbtgt said:
Could be parts cars, but there will be no bargains! :eek
Supply and demand you know!

I'm sure if we toast a motor prices will be high.

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Silverbullitt said:
I'm sure if we toast a motor prices will be high.
We shall have no toasting of the motors - or else!!! :eek

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
DBTGT was needing:

Any idea how many folks (cars, rooms, meals) we need to reserve for the overnight in Tulsa yet?

Silverbullitt: I'm guessing lunch/dinner and breakfast for meals in Tulsa.

It would be a good idea to either pm him or me with numbers for the entire run. fipikul will need this info for the St Louis stop.

I guess if we post everything here we can all see it.

All I know now is

TX
Silverbullitt +1
Spirit +1?
KOSupply +?

OK
dbtgt +?

IL
fipikul +?
neilheller +?
PMC +?

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
fjpikul is alone. Better half is flying with luggage the same day we leave, just at a later time. Once more, pack your swimsuits as I have a nice pool and there's nothing better than a hot, steamy night in St. Louis around a pool with some cold ones listening to the Cardinals game. People trailering can park in front of my house on the street. I'll let the police know so they watch extra careful. Anybody driving their car will have garage space available, either mine or a neighbors. I think Neilheller and PMC are too far north to join us, unless they like coming south. Let me know what anyone needs. FJP

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I just need to know how many pigs to roast!! :banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
looks like your journey will be as much fun as the destination :biggrin wish I was part of it..... come through Fresno and we will join you guys. :cheers

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
bony said:
looks like your journey will be as much fun as the destination :biggrin wish I was part of it..... come through Fresno and we will join you guys. :cheers

Can we meet your avatar friend? :eek :eek :banana

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just send avatar friends and we will send you pictures!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
Just send avatar friends and we will send you pictures!

tough crowd on this board...

She is coming and will be using the stripper pole in my suite at the Ritz marked " :rofl :biggrin :rofl broom closet"

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Is she the model for the shifter boot?

Can you meet with us in St Louis? I read that there are several coming from the west. Can you find them and pull them into our group for the final run?

dbtgt is volunteering his car for free spare parts. He just installed a trans cooler and borlas. I have dibs.

Andy

GT Owner
Jun 6, 2006
Silverbullitt,
I wanted to let you know that I am in on the Road Trip from Texas. I am planning to spend the night in Dallas to meet up with everybody on the morning we are leaving. Do I need to make my own hotel reservations for the Rally or is someone in the group going to block out some rooms? Thanks in advance.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Andy said:
Silverbullitt,
I wanted to let you know that I am in on the Road Trip from Texas. I am planning to spend the night in Dallas to meet up with everybody on the morning we are leaving. Do I need to make my own hotel reservations for the Rally or is someone in the group going to block out some rooms? Thanks in advance.

I'm either staying with my brother or getting up real early and leaving Austin. We are locked in for a short tour of Unique before we leave. I don't know much about which Dallas hotel would be gt friendly. A pm to 427aggie might help.

Andy

GT Owner
Jun 6, 2006
I meant hotels for the actual road trip. I know of a good secure hotel in Dallas. Thanks

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
dbtgt in Tulsa and fipikul is setting up something in St. Louis.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Check my previous posts in this thread. I list several motels near my home with phone numbers. I don't know about their rates. Whatever happens, I can store 3 GT's in my garage and more in the neighbor's. Towing people can park in the street. I'll shuttle everyone to their motels as necessary. We can pick someplace to eat and finish plans that Tuesday night before leaving for Dearborn. FJP

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm working on hotel and dinner in Tulsa - number of people/cars will determine where we wind up - let me know (bony and avatar stay free :banana )

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Will be traveling in one car, with two occupants, and no luggage [due to lack of storage space that damn radio takes up].

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Driveby wants to join the run. He is coming from the Chicago area. Any ideas on where he should meet up with us since we are going through Indy?