RM Auctions Heritage Ford GT Monaco

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
RM Just sold a 1200 mile Heritage for 300,000 euros or $412,000 at Monaco.

Last edited:

larry21

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2006
Knutsford UK
Plus 12% commission glad I paid list for mine hehe

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Addendum on the RM page says the car was actually 2500 miles. Originally listed as 2,000 km.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Maybe prices are not directly comparable to US price. Not sure of Monaco regulations, but in many countries here, high additional costs for approval, inspection and registration. ??

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
The car was registered in Italy prior to the sale, though not one of the 101 Official European cars (these were all 2005 cars)
I suspected it would exceed the 250,000 Euro top guide price but 300,000 is more than I would have predicted. Interesting.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Not necessarily a bad thing, but are these prices getting ridiculous, or what?

Reference other thread(s), did anyone say bubble?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I would only compare this to other collectible cars that are today 4-5 times the value of what they were in 2005-2006. If I was thinking “bubble” I would worry more about those. Look at a few other special modern cars, Enzo prices are nuts too and I don't think there is any chance they will ever come down again. This is a function of the entire market dragging the Ford GT with it. I don't think the comparison between the Carrera GT and the Ford GT is relevant. No doubt the Carrera GT is a truly great car, but that doesn’t mean it will appreciate in the same way another car will. Look at the Lexus LFA, probably an even better engine and a car that in every magazine shoot out beat the 599GTO soundly. 599GTO’s still sell like hotcakes and LFA’s are sitting everywhere and you can hardly sell them at all. The retro mojo of the Ford GT is allowing it to be carried with the market more that some others. And, this is a “vintage” market, and the Ford GT is the only real modern vintage remake that has worked. It makes sense it will go with this market. There was an excellent large article on this market in Sports Car market Magazine this month. I think it was pretty obvious that the modern Heritage Ford GT was going to get a big boost when the vintage Gulf car sold for huge money a couple years ago. What's the price difference between a 1960’s GT40 and a 1960’s Gulf GT40?

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Not even trying to figure it out. Just driving my GT into the ground. When my GT's time is over I hope it's the same time as mine!

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Can't do 1:1 comparisons with fluctuating currencies. I remember buying a euro for $0.86. I also remember buying a euro for $1.45. If you traveled in Europe a decade ago, you marveled at how inexpensive it was. Now it seems expensive. To someone paid in euros, it's all about the same (given commodity volatility, just like in the US...food, fuel, etc.).

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
I would only compare this to other collectible cars that are today 4-5 times the value of what they were in 2005-2006. If I was thinking “bubble” I would worry more about those. Look at a few other special modern cars, Enzo prices are nuts too and I don't think there is any chance they will ever come down again. This is a function of the entire market dragging the Ford GT with it. I don't think the comparison between the Carrera GT and the Ford GT is relevant. No doubt the Carrera GT is a truly great car, but that doesn’t mean it will appreciate in the same way another car will. Look at the Lexus LFA, probably an even better engine and a car that in every magazine shoot out beat the 599GTO soundly. 599GTO’s still sell like hotcakes and LFA’s are sitting everywhere and you can hardly sell them at all. The retro mojo of the Ford GT is allowing it to be carried with the market more that some others. And, this is a “vintage” market, and the Ford GT is the only real modern vintage remake that has worked. It makes sense it will go with this market. There was an excellent large article on this market in Sports Car market Magazine this month. I think it was pretty obvious that the modern Heritage Ford GT was going to get a big boost when the vintage Gulf car sold for huge money a couple years ago. What's the price difference between a 1960’s GT40 and a 1960’s Gulf GT40?

Well said.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
RM Just sold a 1200 mile Heritage for 300,000 euros or $412,000 at Monaco.

Sweet!!!