Rippin up some Colorado champagne pow

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Skiied VAIL from last week in March to April 1st. Some runs closed, but good spring skiing if you waited until 10:30am to start the day when the snow softened a bit... The good news was during our almost 4000 mile trip, I never hit snow on any of the Interstates and had 90 degrees in Kansas and Missouri !
andy (AJB)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Skiied VAIL from last week in March to April 1st. Some runs closed, but good spring skiing if you waited until 10:30am to start the day when the snow softened a bit... The good news was during our almost 4000 mile trip, I never hit snow on any of the Interstates and had 90 degrees in Kansas and Missouri !
andy (AJB)
You must have missed NOT towing something (like a GT) on that trip.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
That's an interesting forecast - a bit different here. We got 5' of new snow on Mammoth Mountain last weekend, and forecast calls for more this coming Sunday. Late winter storms, but always welcome for the California water supply - and good sledding too.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I'm glad someone is. Everyone on Snowest has been saying it stinks everywhere. I thought I had saw pictures out there that showed one of the poorest snow years on record? Hopefully we will have some late season dumps as well if there is any base left under it when it happens.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm glad someone is. Everyone on Snowest has been saying it stinks everywhere. I thought I had saw pictures out there that showed one of the poorest snow years on record? Hopefully we will have some late season dumps as well if there is any base left under it when it happens.
We will undoubtedly get some eastern side upslope storms that will help a little with water, but the western slope didn't get much this year, and their snow season is all but done. It means we'll be running the Colorado in the Grand Canyon in cyclical low water - water flow changes constantly depending on electricity demands from southern CA. Will make the river more challenging overall since in last years constant high water lots of the rapids washed out. We didn't know how much higher it made the river until we got to Pumpkin Springs. It was completely submerged and near as we can calculate, in previous years it was 12' or so below.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Got out yesterday. You flatlanders don't know what you're missing :biggrin

[video=youtube;0LlWWV0mpag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LlWWV0mpag&hd=1[/video]

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Great videos.

Looks like a lot of fun.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Steamboat has been absolutely pounded since Sun am. 50" plus up on Buff Pass. Friday will be the first clear day so hop on a plane now. It's going to be epic!

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
You are killing me. I'm in Key West right now sipping on a margarhita. 84 degrees today. Sunset cruise was a nice touch. Really would like 50" of powder instead.

Otis

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Thanks! It's like surfing on top of the world. I'm high for two days afterwards and am already looking forward to heading back up next weekend. If any of you guys are in Colorado for a few days let me know and I'll take you up. You'll not ever forget the experience I promise :)

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I thought you were skiing, snow mobiles don't count.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I know... they take a lot more work to get around

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
You better Otis. It was slush city at Rabbit Ears yesterday. We got back in the trees and found some good pow from here on out it's chase the storms.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
[video=youtube;yp74ZbNdDYw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yp74ZbNdDYw[/video]

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
DumbF lol

[video=youtube;wxzlpzp5IB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxzlpzp5IB8[/video]

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
You missed another great ride Otis :biggrin

[video=youtube;jJmR0YiEqYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJmR0YiEqYk[/video]

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Ok wait a minute where in the world did you find the snow? My sled is sitting in Billings, MT at a friends place waiting for snow. I thought I was the only one! Awesome video and when are we riding together? It's been sitting all winter waiting. Spring snow here I come! Glad to see I'm not the only sled freak! Just had my Nytro turbo receive the skinz black treatment. I am so stoked to ride when I get back. So awesome to see some good riding vids. I'm in Key West just waiting to get back home and head out west!

Otis

H

HHGT

I will take 130 degree temperature on the Colorado River over Snow any day of the week. It has rained maybe 5 days this whole winter season in SoCal and I am grumpy.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Where's the video link?

Ed

PS Does anyone call them snowmachines besides me?

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Sweet sled. Is that a VA tunnel? Colorado has snow albeit down quite a bit from normal but it's getting there. The Flat Tops and Steamboat are getting hammered again right now. Anytime you want to come down and ride for a few days let me know.