Reporting your Ford GT to SAAC registrar

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
Question for all: do you, or have you, reported your car to the FGT registrar at SAAC for inclusion in the registry?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Not to sound silly, what is the rationale/benefit?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Question for all: do you, or have you, reported your car to the FGT registrar at SAAC for inclusion in the registry?

Yes.

At least I think that's the one to which a number of us sent our info.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This is Cobra Jeffs registry correct?

Hollowpockets

GT Owner
May 15, 2014
Aberdeen, UK
I sent my VIN and details, it was interesting to get some info about which dealer it went to first and when, so when people ask, I have a story to tell about the cars life prior to arriving in the UK.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Yes info sent. The newest registry for Cobras and GT40's has a section just for the 05 and 06 cars and the current info on all the cars till the book was published. It will take many years of gathering info but it will be very interesting and helpful for people buying and or restoring these cars 20 years from now.

Dominic

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
What is SAAC and how do you register?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What is SAAC and how do you register?

SAAC is the national Shelby American organization. SAAC is the "official historian" of the Cobras. They started keeping track of the chain of ownership so the registry contains pretty much the complete history of the original Cobras. They added other cars - the Shelby Continuations (CSX4000, etc), and a member here is keeping track of the Ford GTs for SAAC. When this info will appear in a new registry is anyone's guess. It's a huge book already (the last one needed a forklift to move it across the room) and I actually can't see them publishing it in paper form any more.

The forum is at www.saacforum.com. The forum and the registry book are "the place to go" for a history on any classic/vintage Shelby car.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
CobraJeff, a member here, is in charge of the SAAC section concering Ford GT's. He has been to many of the Rallies, and has a vast database on our cars. He is the go to guy for all info concering your Ford GT. Many of us registered and furnished info to him years ago, so our cars are listed in the book with furnished photos. Whether you furnish your info or not is your decision. There is a long post here concerning how to send him the info. Search can help you find it. He had a form attached to fill out.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It's like getting your name in the phone book!
It proves exsistance and history

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
SAAC is the national Shelby American organization. SAAC is the "official historian" of the Cobras. They started keeping track of the chain of ownership so the registry contains pretty much the complete history of the original Cobras. They added other cars - the Shelby Continuations (CSX4000, etc), and a member here is keeping track of the Ford GTs for SAAC. When this info will appear in a new registry is anyone's guess. It's a huge book already (the last one needed a forklift to move it across the room) and I actually can't see them publishing it in paper form any more.

The forum is at www.saacforum.com. The forum and the registry book are "the place to go" for a history on any classic/vintage Shelby car.

Thank you, I will check it out!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Yes

This is Cobra Jeffs registry correct?

Yes

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
It was super helpful for my 68 SHelby. Shows ownership chain etc.. I found the second owner of my Shelby and he he still had some of it's original parts in his garage 35 years later and a bunch of car show trophies. Great from the history aspect. Also, if there is any way to track which cars were wrecked or repaired, it may be useful.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Also, if there is any way to track which cars were wrecked or repaired, it may be useful.

I think Jeff (cobrajeff) keeps a pretty good tab on the movements of the cars, and accident histories. He could give you information on a particular VN, but I doubt if he would give you a list.