Replacement OEM leather boots

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
I’ve recently completed the boots for the shifter and ebrake that incorporates the OEM leather and matching bottom stitching. Other than a minor adjustment to the shift lever opening, these are the final pieces.

The shift boot is a simple install.
• Remove the shift knob and retaining nut.
• Remove the OEM rubber shift boot.
• Slide boot over lever and seat on center console, while positioning upper collar stitching towards the front.
• Reinstall retaining nut and knob.
• Enjoy.
*If your gal is fitted with the Short Throw Shifter, it will be necessary to slightly raise the center console in order to slide the lower lip up the boot between the console and shifter assembly.

The ebrake boot is more time consuming but not difficult.
• Remove ebrake bezel.
• Pull the OEM rubber boot sleeve towards the rear, approximately 1” away from the handle. Secure the retracted boot sleeve with a strong tape.
• Wrap the rear end of ebrake handle with a couple layers of blue tape. Using a wood block and hammer, gradually work your way around the back of the handle until it’s loose. It’s important to place towels between the handle and dash in case it becomes a projectile.
• Slide boot over ebrake assembly.
• Reinstall ebrake handle by engaging the ebrake, then pull the handle firmly onto the ebrake assembly. It may be necessary to use a rubber mallet to fully set the handle. Confirm that the grooves in the handle are at 6 o’ clock prior to install.
• Reinstall ebrake bezel.
• Enjoy.

The cost for the pair is $340, shipped to the lower 48. I’m not making any profit but only passing these onto fellow FGT owners. I am in no way affiliated with the upholstery shop that has consumed the past three months of my time and energy :lol If anyone is interested in a set, let me know. It is possible that the price will be lower if there is enough interest. I hope you enjoy them, and of course....any feedback is welcome.

John

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 353

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
pics??

Any chance you have more pictures?

Would love to see an overhead view.
And is the neck of the boot not in the way when shifting gears?

Thanks in advance.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Wow !

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks John! Can't wait to get mine installes :)

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale

Thanks in advance.

I'll post some additional photos when I return from C&C. There is no binding or interference with the boot when shifting.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale

Thanks in advance.

Here's a couple pics with the shifter engaged in 2nd. It has the same clearance in in all gears.

Attachments

• IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 273

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Thanks John! Can't wait to get mine installes :)

2 days and counting :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
OH NO, you mean Evan doesn't have them yet???
The disappointment of it all!! :)

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
OH NO, you mean Evan doesn't have them yet???
The disappointment of it all!! :)

No disappointment. He's had 'em and the last time I spoke with him, the plan was to start the install of the goodies on Monday :banana I'll be checking in with him on Monday morning.

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Just what I was looking for :thumbsup I need a set. PM Sent

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Looks nice John !!! :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
JBG, just tell me where to send the check. Frank - another RED car owner.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Looks GREAT John... but, whats up with the dusty boot prints on the floor!!?? :lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Vast improvement.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
JBG, just tell me where to send the check. Frank - another RED car owner.

Frank

You've been first on the list :thumbsup They should be ready to ship in a couple weeks. I'll keep you posted.

John

Last edited:

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Looks GREAT John... but, whats up with the dusty boot prints on the floor!!?? :lol

The parking lot was a bit dirty at Gainey C&C yesterday. You missed out on a great selection of cars. BTW....heading to the garage to clean my mess :biggrin

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
I spent some time this week with the company that is producing these boots. After some tough negotiating, he is taking $40 off what he's charging me and that saving is being passed on for a price of $300 for the set of boots :banana All of the orders to date will be charged the new price. The first sets are getting ready to ship the first of next week.

John

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Nice John! Good work. Can't wait to see the set :thumbsup

spddmnjay

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 14, 2008
Alberta, Canada
I spent some time this week with the company that is producing these boots. After some tough negotiating, he is taking $40 off what he's charging me and that saving is being passed on for a price of $300 for the set of boots :banana All of the orders to date will be charged the new price. The first sets are getting ready to ship the first of next week.

John

Just say when and the monies on the way. :thumbsup Oh, but first I need your Paypal account info.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Just say when and the monies on the way. :thumbsup Oh, but first I need your Paypal account info.

The first batch will be out the door this Tuesday. I'll be in contact over the weekend with the details.

John