Registration - Ford GT National Rally IV

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Dave has posted that the GTX1 is good to go as is.
I read his post that Targas are permitted to run. Their factory roll system hasn't been altered. I want to believe all is well, but what a disappointment if we find out we can't run. Dave, what do you know about the medical profile that is also listed in their rules?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have spoken with our Chief of Tech (Ryan Arnold) for The Texas Mile.

1. Targas are approved provided that all factory roll protection is still in tact. Ryan would like to talk to you regarding some of the challenges we have seen for the driver's of targas so that they are aware. But, there is no problem with running them.

That is the email I received from Shannon at the Texas Mile.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Dat's all I gots Fubar. This is why I only sign on the line for 50 hotel rooms at a time :willy

What's up with all the slow pays. 102 people committed in the other thread, it's time to pay up, I want to see a big turnout for the Texas Mile. Do we have any TV crews that are going to attend?

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
That is the email I received from Shannon at the Texas Mile.
Dave,
I spoke with a tech also and he didn't see a problem but he was going to talk to the one with the final say so. Regarding the medical profile, you can go to the Texas Mile web site and download the profile from their registration page.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
How the hell am I going to bring a Snell SA2005 rated helmet (size large) in my GT with wifey and 5 days of clothes? Guess I'm planning on sending a UPS to 4 Seasons. Oh, and fire extinguisher too? Will review thread on belt mounted extinguisher. Can I just plan on not having a fire? Is it ok if I go with new batteries in my pacemaker?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
How the hell am I going to bring a Snell SA2005 rated helmet (size large) in my GT with wifey and 5 days of clothes? Guess I'm planning on sending a UPS to 4 Seasons. Oh, and fire extinguisher too? Will review thread on belt mounted extinguisher. Can I just plan on not having a fire? Is it ok if I go with new batteries in my pacemaker?

I'll be bringing my SA2005 helmet, as will quite a few others, I'm sure. If it fits, I have no problems having you borrow it for your runs. It's a Bell Full face X-15, Size: Large, Nomex Liner.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I will be glad to let people borrow my fire extinguisher also. I wear an XL helmet but folks are welcome to use it.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
I will also loan my extinguisher and size L helmet to anyone who promises to keep the shiny side of their car up.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry I have been a little out of the loop lately. Unexpected death in the family.

Couple things:

1. Registration will close for Rally IV on August 1st. If you intend on attending this event please get your registration in as soon as possible. That's 4 weeks to decide. We're only at 39 cars. As of last week, 47 people had booked rooms. If you book a room, then cancel the room after registration is over, we eat your hotel room. Please get your registration in if you've booked a hotel room.

2. If you are concerned about driving your vehicle, you probably will not enjoy this event and I would recommend skipping this one, or at least planning on hanging back and leaving out some drive portions (in which case you'll still hang out with some great people and take home some great swag). Plan on driving at least 500 miles over the course of 3 days.

Thanks.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
I'm in :thumbsup

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
staying at College Station Tuesday

Has anyone found covered parking at a College Station hotel for Tuesday nite for those of us driving over from east coast?

then for DBK, what time do we need to be at Goliad on Thursday am?

And has anyone looked for a hotel, with covered parking, around Goliad for Wednesday nite?

Thanks,

REDEEMED

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
DBK,

For the Texas Mile, do we fill out all the registration materials (tech, medical, application, and 2nd driver forms) and mail them in? Or do we just bring the stuff to Goliad on Thurs Oct. 15th? I assume our registration fees for the Rally cover the entry to the TMS and TX Mile events. Looking forward to both events. Thanks,

AC

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Has anyone found covered parking at a College Station hotel for Tuesday nite for those of us driving over from east coast?

And has anyone looked for a hotel, with covered parking, around Goliad for Wednesday nite?

Thanks,

REDEEMED

Beeville and Victoria are the closest towns but I've never seen covered parking around there, just regular motels. Beeville has a brand new motel that just opened, I think it's a Hampton or Holiday Inn Express. I've always stayed at the Best Western and it's plenty nice.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No covered parking around Victoria, Goliad, or Beeville. Sorry but these are somewhat small Texas towns . Tomy

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Just paypal'd the registration, fax on the way.
See you guys/gals there.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Have already paid and faxed for me and Eric. Come on guys, get signed up!

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
regarding College Station

so do we have a preferred place of residence in College Station for us east coasters to meet up at Tuesday?

and if we find a covered parking venue at College St. , does spending Wed evening there and driving to Goliad in the am make sense?

anyone know how early we need to be at Goliad?

I'd appreciate any thoughts/opinions from the Lone Star crowd.

Many thanks, REDEEMED

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
DBK,

For the Texas Mile, do we fill out all the registration materials (tech, medical, application, and 2nd driver forms) and mail them in? Or do we just bring the stuff to Goliad on Thurs Oct. 15th? I assume our registration fees for the Rally cover the entry to the TMS and TX Mile events. Looking forward to both events. Thanks,

AC

No, do not fill out anything. It's all covered with your registration to the rally. You are done when your paperwork is in, which it is. Just show up at TWS on Wednesday and be ready to driiiiiiive.

Thanks,

REDEEMED

Redeemed,
Wednesday night we'll be having dinner back in Austin, so unless you really, really dislike driving in the morning, I would stay with everyone at the Four Seasons. It's about 150 miles to Goliad, so it will be about a 2-2:30 hour drive, but with the amount of cars we have going, you can get there basically any time and still get a ton of runs (if you want to sleep in). Me and PeakCompletions made the drive and it has some entertaining back roads, and with a bunch of GT's it will be alot of fun.

They generally have around 180 cars at the Texas Mile, and We'll probably have maybe 60-70 making runs. They got 1200+ runs in three days. 400/70 = plenty of time to blast up and down the runway whenever you get there. They will be serving lunch at the airport.

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
Thanks for logistics update DBK

Dear DBK, many thanks for the update on planning/logistics. It will be a tremendous help in planning with my wife. I'll plan on returning to Austin after College Station/TWS day to be with the Forum crew and then make the caravan drive to Goliad for mile day.

There are several members that have stated their wllingness to 'loan' passenger accessible strap-it-to-the-passenger-seat-belt fire extinguishers to other forum members for the mile. Since I have on-board fire ext in engine compartment (from Shadowman) I'd prefer to not have to buy another. Does borrowing one seem reasonable? ... or not a very good plan, and everyone really should have their own when they show up at Goliad.

As always thanks for your help,

REDEEMED

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Dbk

I PP/CC my Registration for the Ford GT Rally IV; Receipt ID: 5067-2198-2784-5277 and Registered for the Four Seasons Hotel. I will send you my signed registration form in the mail.:thumbsup

Last edited: