Registration - Ford GT National Rally IV

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
DBK,

Do you happen to know what the policy for RVs might be at the Texas World Speedway and the Texas Mile. Seems there'd be plenty of room to park at both during the events, then I'll be in RV parks at night. I'm considering pulling my trailer down with my motor coach. If you don't know, I can find out and post incase anyone else is considering bringing one.

Thanks,
Kelly

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
DBK,

Do you happen to know what the policy for RVs might be at the Texas World Speedway and the Texas Mile. Seems there'd be plenty of room to park at both during the events, then I'll be in RV parks at night. I'm considering pulling my trailer down with my motor coach. If you don't know, I can find out and post incase anyone else is considering bringing one.

Thanks,
Kelly

I know the Mile has plenty of parking for Thursday. ZERO hookups so you are on your own while there. I'll be bringing my RV (all the way from Houston ;) ).

Kelly-X1

Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
Glad to hear there'll be another RV there, might be nice to have a little shade and AC to share with some folks. I have a 36 Tiffin Bus with gen, so dry dock ok. I'm hauling from Kansas City, I envy your short ride...
thanks

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Glad to hear there'll be another RV there, might be nice to have a little shade and AC to share with some folks. I have a 36 Tiffin Bus with gen, so dry dock ok. I'm hauling from Kansas City, I envy your short ride...
thanks

AC?? Surely it's only for the weary drivers. I don't have a problem with ladies in wet, sweaty t-shirts! :cheers

Kelly-X1

Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
How about wet tshirts IN the AC?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
DBK,

Thanks,
Kelly

I know the Mile has plenty of parking for Thursday. ZERO hookups so you are on your own while there. I'll be bringing my RV (all the way from Houston ;) ).

thanks

Ahhh - 2 RV's: I assume the two of you will be totally stocked up with beer for the entrants after they make their runs at the Mile. See previous posts for preferred beer brands. :lol

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16294

:cheers

Last edited:

Kelly-X1

Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
Done deal, fridge will be full.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
wife and kids will be with me so "adult funtime" will be limited in my RV. :lol

If I need to bring a couple large coolers and ice for you guys' (I don't drink) refreshments just let me know.

I can also bring a limited amount of extra C16 fuel. I am sure there will be a few people with SOME race gas but not sure how much they would be willing to lend/sell. I can probably bring 20 extra gallons of C16. Can't wait to tell the wife that she will be driving the RV down with 50 gallons of race fuel inside the RV......... :lol

please pm me if you want me to reserve some C16 for you and or bring coolers and ice.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Scottsdale Rally to the Rally Reconnasance.

Gentlemen,

It order to make final preparations for our overnight stay and dinner in Fort Stockton, Texas on our run from Scottsdale, Arizona to Austin, Texas, I made a 1300 mile round trip reconnaissance run to check out the facilities there yesterday. Fort Stockton is a 650 mile drive from Scottsdale and comfortable accommodations along with a quality dinner and cocktails will be necessary after such a long one day haul. Texas weather has been wet and miserable as of late but I decided to give it a go yesterday. I dodged thunderstorms all the way from El Paso to Fort Stockton in my Glasair III and landed just before a torrential downpour. The airport manager was kind enough to loan me his Jeep Cherokee so I could drive to the available hotels to review accommodations and scout the two decent restaurants in Fort Stockton. Of those two restaurants, only one had a full service bar but the owner informed me that they were closed on Monday nights! What day are we going to be there…..Monday night of course. After a brief conversation with the owner, Johnny Salinas, he agreed to open his wonderful restaurant just for us, on Monday night October 12. Both he and his son are sports car enthusiasts and they are really looking forward to seeing all of our GTs in their parking lot. Dinner will be at 7 p.m. on October 12, at John Chihuahua’s Mexican Restaurant and Cantina, just north if I-10 on exit #259, Fort Stockton. For members who aren’t wild about Mexican food (like me), they offer great steaks and seafood! All Texas members within driving distance of Fort Stockton are welcome to join us for dinner, Makers Mark Manhattens, and good fellowship.

I made hotel arrangements at the Hampton Inn, Fort Stockton on I-10 exit 257. The rooms are very nice. Call them ASAP at (432) 336-9600 and ask for the “Ford GT Forum” group rate of $119 for the night of October 12 (Monday).

If you have any problems I can be reached on my cell phone at (602) 430-4877.

I-Phone photos below are of my solo Rally IV Recon Run. 282 MPH on my GPS is pretty good cross country speed for a single engine aircraft!

All the best.

Chip

Attachments

• Texas 4.jpg
    Texas 4.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Texas 3.jpg
    Texas 3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 197
  • Texas 2.jpg
    Texas 2.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Texas 1.jpg
    Texas 1.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 198
Mar 15, 2006
Now that is a cool airplane!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
you should run the plane at the Texas Mile. :biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tuesday Night Rally Dinner in Austin

Gentlemen,

The Rally IV Tuesday night Austin dinner thread in now open. If you plan to attend please post up in that thread even if you have indicated you will be attending in this thread. It's going to be a GREAT night! :cheers :cheers :cheers

See you there!

Chip
Master of Ceremonies

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Cost for this event: FREE!

Just please sign up below so we have a head count for the food and drinks:

1. Don Goldman
2. John Hennessey
3. Tomy Hamon
4. JBStevens
5. Hilo Dave
6. ShesGotLegs
7. Shadowman
8. Apollo
9. JBG
10. Ralphie

Thanks!

Tim Cantwell and son Garrett will be there John!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
please add me too--

Thanks John looking forward to seeing you at work.

Jeff Larson

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
will register tomorrow

i knew i would wait til the last second

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Can we please post-pone the rally?

Hey Dave

Can I respectfully request that we push the Rally back a week?

I have learned that Dale Watson is playing in the UK and the Netherlands that week.....
Can you believe my stupid luck?!?!?!
Dale plays the Continental every freeking week and he goes overseas the week I am in Austin.......

I am sure everyone won't mind re-booking and I am sure the 4 Seasons won't mind jiggling their schedule around.

Thanks Pal!
Cheers
Kip

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Sorry Kip. Now that you mention the place, I was wondering what you guys familiar with the Continental thought about it. It looks like a fun spot. Too bad one of it's headliners will not be around.

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Continental

Sorry Kip. Now that you mention the place, I was wondering what you guys familiar with the Continental thought about it. It looks like a fun spot. Too bad one of it's headliners will not be around.

It's really cool.
The place isn't much but the music is great and the crowds are cool.
Last time I was there, Billy Gibbons was standing behind me.
No one was pestering him.

The guy that owns it is a real car guy (hot rods).
He owns the Black Dalia.
You see it parked out front once in a while. Amazing.......

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
:thumbsup Hope to check it out!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Kip Tom really, really wants his GTX1. I'll willing to authorize OT!

fine print applies- subject to availability of funds. currently a zero balance account