Registered for my first Texas mile, whos coming?

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Title says it all, I'll be running my first mile. Are any of you expecting to make an appearance? Hope to meet some new people out there. Also, any advice on towing the car? I dont have a trailer so I'll be renting one or borrowing from someone in the CTX area. Also, any advice besides harness, fire extinguisher, and once over?

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Enjoy it! Several years ago we sponsored a guy who was drag racing a Hayabusa motorcycle. We put quite a bit of money into the bike including nitrous and eventually took it down to the mile and made several passes with it trying to crack 200MPH. I think it was the fourth pass that the cylinder head popped on us shutting us down for the rest of the day. Lots of wicked cars to watch down there!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You had better go to their website and check out what's needed. As I remember, you need a helmet, belts (at least 4 point), long sleeve shirt, long pants, gloves, fire extinguisher and pass their tech inspection. Shoes that tie also (i.e. no slip ons).

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You had better go to their website and check out what's needed. As I remember, you need a helmet, belts (at least 4 point), long sleeve shirt, long pants, gloves, fire extinguisher and pass their tech inspection. Shoes that tie also (i.e. no slip ons).

No you don't, ask Soroush. :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha ha. I think daytrayd wants to make more than one run.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Ha ha. I think daytrayd wants to make more than one run.

I think Soroush made two passes, but on the 2nd one he had the required equipement.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Daytrayd,

What are the dates? You will know several there. Probably Jason (Mullett) will go. If it is a nice weekend I may get the Houston Cobra Club to do a saturday fun run and watch you a couple passes.
I signed up friday for The Half Mile put on by Hennessey here in Houston. His is in May.

SSrob, Ben here on the sight has a Texas Mile Certificate for well over 200mph on a motorcycle. I think it was a Busa.

Larry

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I signed up too and will be there

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Its the weekend of the 23rd in March. Registration is at texasmile.net, not sure if its booked yet.

Looking forward to it, getting the harness and extinguisher ordered. I'll see some of yall out there! Steve, have you gone before?

Daytrayd,

What are the dates? You will know several there. Probably Jason (Mullett) will go. If it is a nice weekend I may get the Houston Cobra Club to do a saturday fun run and watch you a couple passes.
I signed up friday for The Half Mile put on by Hennessey here in Houston. His is in May.

SSrob, Ben here on the sight has a Texas Mile Certificate for well over 200mph on a motorcycle. I think it was a Busa.

Larry

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Daytrayd,

At this point my calender looks clear for that saturday. Maybe I can take a drive up and watch you and Steve. Did the mile at Rally 4 when everyone came to Texas. Blew the front pulley off the whipple at 180 mph. That was a wake up call. I think that is where i met Steve & O'mera.

You know any witch doctors you can bribe for pretty weather??? No, wind, low humidity and cool temps. and it will be Guaranteed fun.

Larry

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I signed up too and will be there

Steve, you running your GT as is? or have something new planned?

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Steve, you running your GT as is? or have something new planned?

I am running as it is unless I install GT Guys cold air kit before then but unlikely. Why dont you leave your car here after the Track Day and then come run the Mile ?

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I am running as it is unless I install GT Guys cold air kit before then but unlikely. Why dont you leave your car here after the Track Day and then come run the Mile ?

Interesting thought...... why not

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
^^ just realized we'll be in Germany from the 21st - Nurburgring. Damn, it's actually a tough call.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Ok, If you decide to do the Mile you can leave car/trailer at my house

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Thanks, Steve. But I don't think this one will work for me - dangit. We're dialed into Nurburg for March - but I'll put the next one on the sched. Been wanting to do one of those. See you in Austin end of the month.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Logged on last night and registered for the event, but looks like I'm on a waiting list. Attended as a spectator 2010 Fall Texas Mile. Now ready to give it my first try in my GT. Car is stock so I have no expectations of joining the 200 mph club at this time. If I don't get in might try and come out again as a spectator to cheer the GTs on.