Rebuilt Ford Gt Salvage Title

ve4mm

Sep 9, 2008
Winnipeg
There is a rebuilt 2006 GT for sale in Canada.

What is it worth?

Should I buy it?

What should I look for and what questions should I ask?

Thanks!

Mike

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Contact the GT GUYS fly them up there to do a PPI, make sure the seller is willing to allow the belly pans to be dropped and if needed the car be put on an alignment rack.
If repaired correctly, you will have nothing to worry about, if not, avoid it like a hooker with an std.

You would not by a house without an inspection, your playing with fire unless an expert checks this baby out for you.

1 (734) 658-9498

richbrooks@thegtguy.com

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
avoid it like a hooker with an std.

Hmm, I don't understand this line... maybe I have issues...

Oh yeah... about the car, take bony's advice.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Contact the GT GUYS fly them up there to do a PPI, make sure the seller is willing to allow the belly pans to be dropped and if needed the car be put on an alignment rack.
If repaired correctly, you will have nothing to worry about, if not, avoid it like a hooker with an std.

You would not by a house without an inspection, your playing with fire unless an expert checks this baby out for you.

1 (734) 658-9498

richbrooks@thegtguy.com

very good advice!

Hmm, I don't understand this line... maybe I have issues...

Oh yeah... about the car, take bony's advice.

you need to stay out of the cyclone club:rofl and away from the russian girls:lol

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
you need to stay out of the cyclone club:rofl and away from the russian girls:lol

LOL, how would you know about such a place? Haha!

I actually never made it inside before they shut it down but I heard a lot about it. I went there once but I was extremely drunk and extremely upset. They didn't let me in because I was too drunk so I started throwing their line up fences all over the place, then 4 big steroid filled bouncers came out and I started screaming at them to come and take care of me. Needless to say they must of realized I wasn't thinking very clearly and decided it was best to go back in the club and leave me be, lol. Probably thought I was a U.S. marine on leave from Iraq, I get that a lot.

By the way, I don't drink very often, I have good reason, haha.

Sorry ve4mm, I’m totally hijacking your thread with my stupidity.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
LOL, how would you know about such a place? Haha!

I actually never made it inside before they shut it down but I heard a lot about it. I went there once but I was extremely drunk and extremely upset. They didn't let me in because I was too drunk so I started throwing their line up fences all over the place, then 4 big steroid filled bouncers came out and I started screaming at them to come and take care of me. Needless to say they must of realized I wasn't thinking very clearly and decided it was best to go back in the club and leave me be, lol. Probably thought I was a U.S. marine on leave from Iraq, I get that a lot.

By the way, I don't drink very often, I have good reason, haha.

Sorry ve4mm, I’m totally hijacking your thread with my stupidity.

I have been to dubai once a year for the last 6 years, I only heard of the cyclone club:biggrin and the russians girls:biggrinand the czech girls:biggrinand the iranian girls:biggrinand the asian girls:biggrin thats what I heard. sadly I have not been alble to make it this year, but soon.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Probably thought I was a U.S. marine on leave from Iraq, I get that a lot...

By the way, I don't drink very often, I have good reason, haha....

A retired Naval Carrier Master Chief works for me...stopped drinking - says he's allergic to alcohol now - if he drinks, he breaks out in handcuffs....

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
I have been to dubai once a year for the last 6 years, I only heard of the cyclone club:biggrin and the russians girls:biggrinand the czech girls:biggrinand the iranian girls:biggrinand the asian girls:biggrin thats what I heard. sadly I have not been alble to make it this year, but soon.

I know, you were suppose to tell me when you came so we could go rip around in the GT! Too bad.
Yeah, I have done more then hear about those kinds of girls, Dubai is definitely not the place to meet your wife. My last girlfriend was a beautiful Russian who decided she would stop taking her "pill" without telling me in hopes she would get to be my wife and move back to North America with me...

A retired Naval Carrier Master Chief works for me...stopped drinking - says he's allergic to alcohol now - if he drinks, he breaks out in handcuffs....

Lol, I can definitely understand where he is coming from.

Now I have really hijacked this thread, sorry...

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Okay, I have to ask. Sorry about the contributing to the thread hijack. I consider myself fairly well traveled....Europe and such....never considered Dubai but I hear a ton about it now, including Stunts taking a job and moving there. So for the uniformed person on Dubai, what is there to do/what makes it a good destination....besides the multitide of women. :biggrin Wait....I may have answered my own question. :lol

Back on the thread topic, I agree with Bony nothing wrong if car was fixed right, but salvage titles do scare a lot of people away if you ever resell. Good luck with the decision. :cheers

ve4mm

Sep 9, 2008
Winnipeg
OK Funny guys!

How much is a salvage GT worth????

$50K????

Tnx!

Mike

-027.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
OK Funny guys!

How much is a salvage GT worth????

$50K????

Tnx!

Mike

-027.jpg
IMG_2212.jpg

it depends how bad it is, how much its going to take to put it back together correctly.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
So for the uniformed person on Dubai, what is there to do/what makes it a good destination....besides the multitide of women. :biggrin Wait....I may have answered my own question. :lol

So, did you mean "uniformed" or "uninformed"??

And Mike, I think if you could find a GT at $50, even for a salvage, that would be a steal. At that price, you could drive the bag off it and not care so much. Assuming they put it together right and the floorpan is not going to fall out, the engine's not going to explode, the steering actually works etc., sounds like a great deal. If you don't want it, tell me. It'd be a cool track car! :thumbsup

Oh, nice collection of cars Mike. Welcome to the forum.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

And Mike, I think if you could find a GT at $50, even for a salvage, that would be a steal. At that price, you could drive the bag off it and not care so much. Assuming they put it together right and the floorpan is not going to fall out, the engine's not going to explode, the steering actually works etc., sounds like a great deal. If you don't want it, tell me. It'd be a cool track car! :thumbsup

Oh, nice collection of cars Mike. Welcome to the forum.

I dont think you can find a salvaged gt for 50 thou if it has been repaired already. the unrepaired salvaged cars are selling for that price.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I dont think you can find a salvaged gt for 50 thou if it has been repaired already. the unrepaired salvaged cars are selling for that price.

Oh I quite agree, but his thread title says "REBUILT Ford GT Salvage Title" (my empahasis on "rebuilt"). Not "Rebuildable". To me this implies it's already done. I did suggest it may not have been done well.........but that if it was, and it's only 50 and he don't want it, then i do..... :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Oh I quite agree, but his thread title says "REBUILT Ford GT Salvage Title" (my empahasis on "rebuilt"). Not "Rebuildable". To me this implies it's already done. I did suggest it may not have been done well.........but that if it was, and it's only 50 and he don't want it, then i do..... :biggrin

yes I agree and your right I didnt see the "rebuild" so Im third in line if he doesnt want it and you dont want, then ill take it.:biggrin

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
yes I agree and your right I didnt see the "rebuild" so Im third in line if he doesnt want it and you dont want, then ill take it.:biggrin

:lol:lol:lol :cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV

I meant uninformed!!! :wink I hate it when I spell something wrong. I have serious OCD about that. We need spell check on this Forum!!!! (although to be fair spell check would not have saved me as the word I used wrong was spelled correctly. :lol

I got my answer to that question via PM. :biggrin

Obviously you have a laptop with you 'Fly, Hope the weather is great. :thumbsup

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I meant uninformed!!! :wink I hate it when I spell something wrong. I have serious OCD about that. We need spell check on this Forum!!!! (although to be fair spell check would not have saved me as the word I used wrong was spelled correctly. :lol

I got my answer to that question via PM. :biggrin

Obviously you have a laptop with you 'Fly, Hope the weather is great. :thumbsup

In the interest of a level playing field, I think you should send me that PM too :biggrin Heck, even if it's to be an elitist field, I want in on that!! :cheers

I'm not in Texas yet, I'll be there on Saturday. But I will have my laptop with me, and this forum will be home if it's not windy..... :thumbsup

Burt

Oct 6, 2008
Salvage GT

Hi,
I have been looking for a killer deal on a Black no stripes GT. We have a guy that did an unbelievable job on my brothers 1968 Shelby GT500 here in PA. I'm thinking I should look into the Salvage market and let him at it for the next year as he does the high end stuff at night on his own. Where do you go to buy salvage GT's (needing work).

Thanks
Burt (newbie here)
Hopefully it's OK to ask salvage related questions on this thread..please advise if not.

ve4mm

Sep 9, 2008
Winnipeg
Thanks for the input.

There is a Ford GT salvage for sale in Canada by the same seller of the repaired GT.

It didn't meet reserve at $61K

How much is it to repair one????

Any guesstimates?

He wants $130K for the repaired car and $120K for the salvaged one repaired.

Any comments from you experts????

Why does the pan have to be replaced?

Tnx!

Mike

www.m2engineering.com