Rebuilding a Race Car Legend: Ford GT40

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I've also got several other videos of the 2005-2006 car from Edmunds coverage when I was Editor in Chief there, plus the owner's DVD and of course the Super Bowl commercial. I've been meaning to compile a DVD of all of these cool videos on a single disc for years. Maybe a good project to do before Rally X and bring some copies...

I think this is a great idea. I'm sure there will be a lot of interest.

However, I suggest that rather than burning a lot of DVDs, you upload the videos to cloud storage. Google Drive...just one example of many...provides 15 GB of free storage. A DVD holds 4.7 GB.

I suggest this because it not only saves you a lot of work and makes distribution easy...simply provide a link for download..., but CDs and DVDs are obsolete for many of us. Many new Macs and PCs do not have optical drives.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think I have an original DVD of this. On a plane now but I'll check when I get home.

Also, don't forget the "Behind the Headlights" show about the original GT, with featured footage of the new (our) GT at the Centennial at the end of the show. That series offered some brilliant classic car coverage (written by longtime car writer Ken Gross). Still not sure why the series only lasted one season but I recorded the episode on the GT40 and burned it to my hard drive. Interviews with Shelby, Phil Remington, Dan Gurney, David E. Davis Jr., John Clinard, Edsel Ford, all telling great stories about the original saga of putting the program together and finally beating Ferrari.

I've also got several other videos of the 2005-2006 car from Edmunds coverage when I was Editor in Chief there, plus the owner's DVD and of course the Super Bowl commercial. I've been meaning to compile a DVD of all of these cool videos on a single disc for years. Maybe a good project to do before Rally X and bring some copies...

Sign me up for a copy pretty please!

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
Saw this documentary first run while still working and living it live.

Crazy to see it again! Thanks for posting it

I would also like to buy a copy

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I think I have an original DVD of this. On a plane now but I'll check when I get home.

Also, don't forget the "Behind the Headlights" show about the original GT, with featured footage of the new (our) GT at the Centennial at the end of the show. That series offered some brilliant classic car coverage (written by longtime car writer Ken Gross). Still not sure why the series only lasted one season but I recorded the episode on the GT40 and burned it to my hard drive. Interviews with Shelby, Phil Remington, Dan Gurney, David E. Davis Jr., John Clinard, Edsel Ford, all telling great stories about the original saga of putting the program together and finally beating Ferrari.

Looking forward to seeing you again Karl!