Rear Diffuser

FoaTech

May 14, 2012
Norcross, Ga
I am looking for a new rear diffuser if anyone has an extra tossing about. :)

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Just to make sure you are aware of all alternatives.... The OEM grill comes as one piece - the black aluminum sheetmetal with the "fins" riveted to it. Stillen sells replacement fins that are made from a stiff but pliable rubber. In contrast to the OEM fins which will shatter touching practically anything, the Stillen replacements can take some minor abuse. Its likely that you are thinking about discarding the current diffuser - but you may want to consider drilling out the rivets holding the fins and then attach the replacement Stillen fins.

Reactions: Pettyfan43

Ravage

GT Owner
Mar 24, 2007
ABQ
Doing mine this weekend.

20230913_142858.jpg

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
They were available (5G7Z-63106B08-AA) last time I looked around April/May for around $2k shipped. Shipping was really high.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you want it from ford you have to buy the assembly with both diffusers and the belly pan segment. Shipping is big because package size dominates weight (same true foe front splitter) you might save overall by ordering from your local Ford dealer because it'll come in on their truck and when I got a big part for another car didn't charge shipping. Look at total cost. Your dealer might charge more than say Tasca, but the shipping from Tasca because it's so big will negate the savings.

If youre doing this because you broke one I recommend you get the replacement diffusers from stillen (?) they are slightly flexible and more resilient to brief contacts.

Remember you'll just ding a replacement later so If you care about a concourse restoration get both

Last edited:

FoaTech

May 14, 2012
Norcross, Ga
Thank you for the prompt replies. I am now looking at options.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
If you have minor damage to the fins they are repairable - they are made from a fibreglass composite so can be built back up by a shop that are good with fibreglass. Our shop have done several invisible repairs in the past.

Reactions: Ed Sims and 2112
If you have minor damage to the fins they are repairable - they are made from a fibreglass composite so can be built back up by a shop that are good with fibreglass. Our shop have done several invisible repairs in the past.
Oddly enough, a surf shop that builds glass surfboards can fix damaged fins so the repair is invisible. I know, I had several of mine fixed by our local surfboard builder and the repair is undetectable.

Reactions: Anderson

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Doing mine this weekend.

View attachment 68799
Those the plastic ones?

I have new oem diffusers in stock also.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I am looking for a new rear diffuser if anyone has an extra tossing about. :)
I have new oem ones in stock

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Oddly enough, a surf shop that builds glass surfboards can fix damaged fins so the repair is invisible. I know, I had several of mine fixed by our local surfboard builder and the repair is undetectable.
Yes. Also boat stores.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If you choose to buy a new one from Ford, get it at your LOCAL dealer, that way its shipped to them, included in the price, and not likely to be damaged along the way. Then you go in and pick it up.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
The rubber version is a nice replacement, but watch out with stock exhaust, as it can melt the tops in spots.

They also tend to flap a little at higher speeds.

Diffuser L2.JPGDiffuser R2.JPG

Jeff

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you choose to buy a new one from Ford, get it at your LOCAL dealer, that way its shipped to them, included in the price, and not likely to be damaged along the way. Then you go in and pick it up.
Which is what I think I said... The box is big and UPS wanted more than twice the price of the splitter to ship the splitter...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have new oem ones in stock
Do you have just the fins or the rear belly pan assembly? When I needed them the fins were not available from Ford as a separate individual part number.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Had an opportunity to follow someone with the Stillen version. Man, those things were really flapping back and forth.

I fixed my OEM diffuser with gray Marine-Tex base/catalyst epoxy about 12 years ago, Still holding today with zero issues.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
My son is shipping a lot of stuff these days, all different sizes, and getting hosed by UPS. Has had some luck, post charges of getting reduction in price.

All things shipping these days are ridiculously expensive, but hey, it's only 3% inflation.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Do you have just the fins or the rear belly pan assembly? When I needed them the fins were not available from Ford as a separate individual part number.
I will have fiberglass replacement tips at some point. I have brand new diffusers

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Had an opportunity to follow someone with the Stillen version. Man, those things were really flapping back and forth.

I fixed my OEM diffuser with gray Marine-Tex base/catalyst epoxy about 12 years ago, Still holding today with zero issues.
I have the Stillens and pics I've seen of them while underway, they do move around. Haven't melted them though. They're also longer than the originals so may not look as good on a bumper delete car. Michael-does it look like a horse flapping it's lips? In which case I'll put the stock one on.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
I have the Stillens and pics I've seen of them while underway, they do move around. Haven't melted them though. They're also longer than the originals so may not look as good on a bumper delete car. Michael-does it look like a horse flapping it's lips? In which case I'll put the stock one on.
Not sure about now, but back in the day, Stillen had two options available. One was closer to stock length, with another longer option available as well.

Jeff