Read this Ford GT Review

Pipelion

This is magwheels review of his Ford GT. Scrool down through all the fine cars he owns and click on "review" near the pics of the GT.

http://www.jabbasworld.net/viewtopi...der=asc&start=0

Hope this works.

Well it's identicle to the working link, anybody have suggestions?

Allan

PS go to "Owners; How's your rear visibilty?" thread and click on the link on post #20 it works there.

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
nice post and pics..glad he paid 35k over and not me...

magwheel

GT Owner
Mar 26, 2006
Ohio
My Ford Gt review

White Petunia said:
I find his reviews (not just the GT) very entertaining. :biggrin I don't know how to describe them except to say they are not the typical type of magazine review, but more of an ownership diary. If that makes sense. Very well done Magwheel. :thumbsup

I do have to say my local Ferrari dealer does not play the type of "game" mentioned in that F430 thread about preferentially selling cars to flippers. As a matter of fact, a person can only flip a car once on them, if you catch my drift. My dealer takes care of their customers, and likes to see their cars sold to fellow enthusiasts. They feel those enthusiasts will share their passion with other car nuts. It gets those other car nuts into the showroom to buy the preowned Ferraris, or to consider the Aston Martin and Maserati models. They're not greedy. In the last year, I think I've only seen one preowned 430 on their showroom, despite them selling quite a few 430s.

:biggrin Thanks White Petunia and others for the compliments. The only reason I feel the Ferrari game is played is because I searched all over eBay and the web after the closest dealer respectfully chuckled at my asking about buying a new F430 and explaining the waiting list to a novice.

Every dealer I saw and called on eBay, they had a 'used' one with only a few hundred miles or so and their prices were well above the sticker price for a new F430. While talking to a Porsche dealer in Illinois who received my GT2 on trade, he even stated that it is quite well known what 'some', but not necessarily all Ferrari dealers do.

I guess I really don't blame them because it is a 'supply and demand' market for these cars especially. All they really have to do is find a chump like me who has to have the car and their 'in like Flynn!' But, I'm not the only one with a 'ants in his pants' mental problem.

I'm sure that everyone in their life has just one time paid more for something they really wanted bad! Not necessarily a car but something!

Anyhow, I'm really glad so far that you seemed to like the reviews. Any questions or even if you just want to bust me, please feel free! :wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Quite a collection Magwheel!!! The only one I heard of with a larger collection of high end sports cars is Jay Leno.

I wanted a GT when I first read about them. Then when I found out all of the dealers wanted 50K over sticker, I thought if I going to pay that much why not a F430. When I tried to buy new F430 I was told 2 to 3 years of waiting. I called my local dealer 2 times. I left a msg once and talked to someone a 2nd time. Nobody called me back. I met the sales mgr. of the dealership at the SF car show and I gave him my Fax number and contact information. I asked him to fax me the form to get on the waiting list and I would wire him a deposit. No reply. This really pissed me off about how Ferrari sell cars. So although I really like the products, I don't think I will ever own one. I cannot stand companies that are so arrogant that they abuse customers and take them for granted. When I ran a company I would fire anyone with that type of attitude.

In contrast I met a Lambo dealer at a local car show and ask if I could take a look at the Gallardo he had. He let me sit in the drivers seat and ask would I like to take it for a spin. I didn't since I was with my family and the roads there wouldn't do the car justice. He said I could buy one now, not in 3 years.

BlackICE

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Great pics Mags!

magwheel

GT Owner
Mar 26, 2006
Ohio
May I suggest these guys!

Hi BlackICE, Glad you enjoyed the reviews. From what I've been told, Ferrari (Proper, the Factory) will not allow dealers to sell (New) cars over sticker. This is why I believe the dealers do their thing!

Secondly, if you're on the market for a Lambo, please give these two dealers a call. Nelson Auto Group (Lamborghini Ohio) and ask for Harvey Ford. I bought my Gallardo from him. And then give Lamborghini Dallas a call and ask for Scott. I bought my Mucielago from him. Both of these guys went well above the call of duty to please me with the car I wanted and worked out a great deal for me. The reason I say to give them a call, you absolutely need a competitive bid from a couple dealers to keep everybody honest. Good luck, Michael
:thumbsup

Attachments

• Gallardo & Murcielago with Manuals & Keys 600 pix copy.jpg
    Gallardo & Murcielago with Manuals & Keys 600 pix copy.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 134

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
BlackICE, I totally share your experience with Ferrari dealerships. Never had a problem with Porsche dealerships...or Ford hehe