" Rallye Germania " and the Nurburgring with your GT !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Gentlemen , Our European friend Sascha Has organized the " Rallye Germania " from the 16th -17th September in Germany. They start Sunday in Düsseldorf each driver will receive a roadbook and has to drive with the roadbook to the ardennes and finished in the eifel at the nürburgring. On the 2nd day they have booked the legendary Nordschleife for the whole day. They have a special entry for all GT Owners. If interested contact Sascha. info@mybestlap.de

Here is the official site : www.rallye-germania.com

For Our German friends :

Hallo, Sascha organisiert bei der Rallye Germania ein Ford GT Treffen. Alles zur Rallye könnt ihr unter folgendem link abrufen. www.rallye-germania.com

Wir haben ein Special Entry für alle Ford GT Fahrer. Bitte geht in Kontakt mit Sascha. info@mybestlap.de

Last edited:

FordGT4fun

Hi Brian
will you attend this event? I just had a great track day in Belgium with my Swiss Friend and his GT on the SPA Francorchamps Race Track.
We had a lot of fun and met another crazy GT racer who made some great support on our car because he organized us special 18" Rim and Slicks.
Thanks again Juergen. I didn't know that in USA are so many FordGT enthusiast so i told him to join the forum here and you would be able to follow follow his next race next week end. He also have a homepage here the link: www.juergen-alzen-motorsport.de
I will try to put some pics from the track day.
Take care

Pierre

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Looking into flying the GT over for the event - expensive, but maybe - :thumbsup

I love the 'ring - this would be a fantastic rush!!

:cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Geez, 2 months notice! I would need 12 months notice. Someday I would like to drive my GT in Europe like Bony had envisioned. Who wants to be in charge? I'd say DBK could do it as a Forum event? GT Rally in Europe in 2013. Sign me up.

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hi Brian
will you attend this event? I just had a great track day in Belgium with my Swiss Friend and his GT on the SPA Francorchamps Race Track.
We had a lot of fun and met another crazy GT racer who made some great support on our car because he organized us special 18" Rim and Slicks.
Thanks again Juergen. I didn't know that in USA are so many FordGT enthusiast so i told him to join the forum here and you would be able to follow follow his next race next week end. He also have a homepage here the link: www.juergen-alzen-motorsport.de
I will try to put some pics from the track day.
Take care

Pierre

Hey Pierre,
I wish I could make it but it's too close to our US National rally here. Thanks for the link. I am happy to hear you are still having some Ford GT related Fun !! Best regards, Brian

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Geez, 2 months notice! I would need 12 months notice. Someday I would like to drive my GT in Europe like Bony had envisioned. Who wants to be in charge? I'd say DBK could do it as a Forum event? GT Rally in Europe in 2013. Sign me up.

Ed

Hey Ed, I just found out about it yesterday. Sascha wanted to inform our European members. Maybe they will do it again next year and we can have more advanced notification. See you soon !! B.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Looking into flying the GT over for the event - expensive, but maybe - :thumbsup

I love the 'ring - this would be a fantastic rush!!

:cheers

Hey Ralphie, Keep us posted if you go !!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
If Ralphie goes to Europe with his GT then I'm going also!

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If Ralphie goes to Europe with his GT then I'm going also!

Ed

I'll go if you will.

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Hey Guys.

I have been doing track days in:

Zandvoort Circuit
Spa Framcorchamps
Mantorp Park
Rudskogen
Monza
and so on... BUT I can really really recommend the Nurburgring. It is just so incredible and the whole atmosphere around it is just so unique.

I would love to meet some of you guys someday and if you come to Germany I would not miss it for anything.
Would like to recommend you to plan it well to have the best time as possible.

Here is how a lap looks like.

Me driving my GT-R vs Apollo S with Adrian Sutil behind the wheel.

[video=youtube;_KPOAAKSanc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KPOAAKSanc[/video]

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GTSweden - where is the link?

Jag ser fram emot att du en dag.

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey Guys.

I have been doing track days in:

Zandvoort Circuit
Spa Framcorchamps
Mantorp Park
Rudskogen
Monza
and so on... BUT I can really really recommend the Nurburgring. It is just so incredible and the whole atmosphere around it is just so unique.

I would love to meet some of you guys someday and if you come to Germany I would not miss it for anything.
Would like to recommend you to plan it well to have the best time as possible.

Here is how a lap looks like.

Me driving my GT-R vs Apollo S with Adrian Sutil behind the wheel.

[video=youtube;_KPOAAKSanc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KPOAAKSanc[/video]

What,?? no Point - By's by the other drivers !! .. :lol Wow that looks like fun.. How many times have you been around the ring ?? It looks like you know that place well.. Thanks for posting the video..:thumbsup

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Actually I have only been doing 68 laps there!
Dont laugh but It all started with playstation when I was 16.

They say that I am little bit crazy but a have like 15 hours of driving to Nurburgring so of course I am going to drive as fast as possible.
In the Video the Gumpert has 750 BHP, slicks and former F1 driver Sutil behind the weels, Porsche has 680 and slicks and my GT-R has 580bhp and street tires with zero grip at the front
( you see me slinging around all over the place ) but I did not give up. The truth is that I did a 10.7 sec faster lap that day 4 hours before this video.

Anyway. This track is just so incredible I even has it tattooed on my left arm. Every male with two balls and a little bit of car interests should try it out.

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
GTSweden - where is the link?

Jag ser fram emot att du en dag.

Ed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KPOAAKSanc :D

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hey kids, why don't you go outside and play.

Daddy, can we use the chalk?

Sure, go out on to the Ring and color to your heart's content

:)

So what is it all about? Do people actually go out there and make marks for themselves?

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Hey kids, why don't you go outside and play.

Daddy, can we use the chalk?

Sure, go out on to the Ring and color to your heart's content

:)

So what is it all about? Do people actually go out there and make marks for themselves?

Don't know how to explain this but:

Christians go to the vatican to have a connection to the holy spirit of god...
Muslims go to mecca.
Petrol Heads goes to the Nurburgring. :)

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Wish I had not seen this post... Tempting to go, checked freight - in and out of Atlanta $24K , plus everything else makes for a spendy few days. But I do have some friends that live about 30 min from the track and they won't shut up about it, maybe there's a Euro trip looming out there. Have until the 10th to decide. The timing might kill it for me, or, there's next year if they do this again. Anybody else thinking about this?

Last edited:

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
There are loads of events on the Ring.
An example is renting a car to drive there.

You have everything from Suzuki Swifts to Ferrari F430 Scuderia. Would save you LOADS of money instead of taking the GT overseas.

Let me know and I can search some more detailed info. ;)

sevenjo

FORD GT OWNER - NORWAY
Sep 13, 2008
I`m going to the Ring next weekend with my GT to see the "Oldtimer Grand Prix"

Second trip to the Ring this year. Nothing like doing over 190 mph on the straight......:0)

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
This is a super interesting event it'll be nice to join. Could be a nice oppertunity to meet other FGT enthousiasts. Would be nice if Sacha could tell us how many FGT's would participate