Rally III help Wendesday

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
I need some assistance tomorrow. My car arrives today (Tuesday) along with 5 other cars. I will not be in Las Vegas until about 10:30 AM tomorrow.

When I was driving my car to the transporter I heard a scraping sound coming from my left rear tire. I had just put on new rims but they fit fine. The noise seems to be coming from the parking brake. While driving in a straight line the noise is very soft, however when I turn in any direction the scraping sound becomes more apparent.

Where I have been keeping the car, someone moves it about once a week so they can clean the floors. I did notice that the brake handle seemed to be rather high and not too much tension while pulling it up.

My good friend Jason Heffner who offered to help will not be there until later in the day. He thought that Rich may be there before him and gave me his number. I know Rich is is Scottsdale and I do not know what time he will be there or if he will have any time to help. Rich I will be calling you soon (I just did not want to wake you up too early).

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Drinks, cover charges, lap dances, etc are on me if anyone can give me a hand.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Moody
Please feel free to PM me or email me.:cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I will look at it. I may scratch my head while looking at it.

Beyond that not much I can do without tools.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Fubar:

Thanks for your help, I think....... I have spoken to Rich and he is going to help me out. What a great group!

Because you were the first one to respond I would be happy to buy you a drink, cover charge, or lap dance.:cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Fubar:

Thanks for your help, I think....... I have spoken to Rich and he is going to help me out. What a great group!

Because you were the first one to respond I would be happy to buy you a drink, cover charge, or lap dance.:cheers

hey fubar make sure the lap dance is from a girl:biggrin

hey chris I get in at about the same time otherwise I wouldnt have mined looking and scratching too.:lol Im sure its no big deal, hope it gets sorted out.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Chris,

Check your parking brake cable. They tend to run close to the stock wheels, so maybe more so on an aftermarket wheel.

See you in Vegas :thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
chris, me and my tech eric are here. Give me a call. We can give it a look at put it in the parking garage next to my GT

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Chris I'm not at the rally but will gladly give my 2 cents..... Use WD40 on the cable.... Fish Oil would be perfect! ....
:biggrin

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Fubar:

You are wise to ponder the help I offered. It was useless but I will take the free drink anyway. Rich, Dennis and Steve will have it fixed before we finish deciding what drink we should order. :cheers