Rally 9.5

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Well Mark and I are continuing our rally.We started at the Pirates cove.This place was unbelievable .We wished we could have stayed another day.
Than we went off to the Grand Canyon. We are now in New Mexico about to have dinner with a few GT members Paul and his wife Fran.
here are a few photos

Attachments

• DSC00101.jpg
    DSC00101.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_6893.jpg
    IMG_6893.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 514
  • DSC00175.jpg
    DSC00175.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_6961.jpg
    IMG_6961.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC00170.jpg
    DSC00170.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 534

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
View attachment 35755

Been There - done that!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Just a slight mist. A little RAin x helps!

Real rain was on I-10, in west Texas ,headed to rally in Austin from Arizona. 30 - 40 mph max due hydroplaning. Took a mile to pass one semi. It was a real leap of faith to do that.

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Good luck, and have fun on the rest of your trip. Really enjoyed spending time with you guys at Pirates Cove!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Jim likewise here! That place was a blast!
Here are a few more R9.5 pictures from New Mexico.Hit the 37k mark.I should be at 39k by the time I get home!
Had a great dinner with Jim and Fran in New Mexico!Thanks for joining us
Next stop Oklahoma City.Do we have any GT friends there ?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Lucky you had the GT detailed first! LOL! Have fun!

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Ron / Mark...looks like fun... as you head north you may luck-out with the weather.. It is 45 degrees and rain here in Michigan today, but predicted cool and sunny for the next few days after that...
So, you will be able to make it back safely and back to work. Good luck to the four of you....

andy (ajb)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Looks like a blast. Had a great time with you guys in Vegas. Safe travels and continue to keep those of us that have returned to normal life in the loop. We are living through you!

Vince H

Tomcat

GT Owner
I am curious about what you do about packing clothing and toiletries. My wife really enjoyed a 4-day weekend (packing, etc...) with the NSX...so she's a trooper, but it seems difficult for more than 24/48 hours in the GT.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
It helps if you are short. Daypacks go behind the seats, plus whatever you can stuff around them. Take out the child seat attachment bar for more space. Amy fits a good sized duffle on the floor in front of her seat and rests her legs on it. She says it's very comfortable. And, of course, anything non-heat sensitive in the car cover bag.

Summer travel is easy. Synthetics and blends. Did you know that rolled clothing takes a lot less space than folded clothing? Soft shoes pack easier.

Then there is the Jack Reacher approach. Buy cheap at Walmart, discard when dirty, repeat as needed. Credit cards take no space at all.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It helps if you are short. Daypacks go behind the seats, plus whatever you can stuff around them. Take out the child seat attachment bar for more space. Amy fits a good sized duffle on the floor in front of her seat and rests her legs on it. She says it's very comfortable. And, of course, anything non-heat sensitive in the car cover bag.

Summer travel is easy. Synthetics and blends. Did you know that rolled clothing takes a lot less space than folded clothing? Soft shoes pack easier.

Then there is the Jack Reacher approach. Buy cheap at Walmart, discard when dirty, repeat as needed. Credit cards take no space at all.

...and if one doesn't want to mess with any of the above - FedEx! :agree: :thumbsup Werkz fer me...unless it's a 'flea hopping', multi-stop trip!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
:dead::dead::dead::banana:banana:bananaYou never drove your GT further than the end of your driveway, so what are you talking about?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:dead::dead::dead::banana:banana:bananaYou never drove your GT further than the end of your driveway, so what are you talking about?

May the love child your wife knows nothing about show up at your front door looking for her daddy...and may your wife answer the door bell...

(Edit: I truly do wish you were coming to SEMA, sir! :thumbsup)

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
For Packing we have 2 GT car cover bags One in the trunk one in the foot well.Do take out the child seat attachment behind the passenger seat.I am very lucky in that a forum friend named Al made me bags like saddle bags that mount where the netting is on the fire wall.These hold a lot. Plus you can put items behind the seat and rear glass.I will take some pictures tomorrow to show you how Mark and I pack our cars.The seats are amazingly comfortable.We went from Albuquerque to Oklahoma today.

Attachments

• IMG_6966.jpg
    IMG_6966.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_6970.JPG
    IMG_6970.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 225

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I see you were ahead of Mark in the photo......intentional?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Here’s a dirty picture just for you!
My car is the dirtiest its ever been!And Im ok with that!
Mark and I have been racing back non stop! Its killing my gas mileage!My wife has been screaming at me to slow down! Today we hit 175 going thru the flatlands!
LOL!

Attachments

• IMG_6960.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Yes, yes, yes!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I am curious about what you do about packing clothing and toiletries. My wife really enjoyed a 4-day weekend (packing, etc...) with the NSX...so she's a trooper, but it seems difficult for more than 24/48 hours in the GT.

Easy for Jeffie & I - we travel alone....

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Quit having fun while I have to work! LOL. Enjoy it my friend!

Ed

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
(Edit: I truly do wish you were coming to SEMA, sir! :thumbsup)

I wish I was too, would be a great time. Beautiful cars, women, and EP, what could be better!?!