Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tilted means weight based.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Indy is a different deal. There's no way you could drag the number of people that will be at this thing to Indy. Frankly, most people don't care about the race anymore since the split and the weather has been uncooperative pretty frequently. It's still gonna be awesome because race cars + GT's + Forum Friends always = fun. I plan on doing it yearly if it comes off good this year.

We're doing this in California because the amount of owners is heavily tilted to that area...big time. We'll definitely head east in 08 so everyone gets a turn.

Yea, That Tony George ruined quite the tradition. We supported that race for many many years like so so many other's and should have walked when Bob Rewey said Ford was finished there. I finally let my tickets go in 05 and Indy is not for me!!!! Sorry gtjoey

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Tilted means weight based.

Figurative verb? :lol

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Ahhh got it. Well let us know the details a drive from MA to CA in the GT could be fun!!!

Cannonball Run August 2nd? 31 hrs from NYNY to Redondo beach.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Transitive - just used your explanation.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Transitive - just used your explanation.

grammar_nazi.jpg

No forum for you! Come back - ONE YEAR!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Half Way There

Cannonball Run August 2nd? 31 hrs from NYNY to Redondo beach.

SilverBullitt,

31 hrs to the beach in Caifornia? :eek

We can do that!! :thumbsup

Heck, we're half way there Chris. :cheers

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
SilverBullitt,

31 hrs to the beach in Caifornia? :eek

We can do that!! :thumbsup

Heck, we're half way there Chris. :cheers

You Texas boys have no idea what your talking about. It could take 12 hours just to drive from San Bernadino to Redondo Beach, and another 2 hours to find a parking place.

H

HHGT

You Texas boys have no idea what your talking about. It could take 12 hours just to drive from San Bernadino to Redondo Beach, and another 2 hours to find a parking place.

And oh BTW that is not during rush hour!!!

How goes it Steve.

Sam

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Good Sam, have you picked a vendor yet?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Hmmmm, I read through this forum and didn't see the date and place, did I miss it?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hmmmm, I read through this forum and didn't see the date and place, did I miss it?

August 1-5, SoCal. Same format as last time, arrive Wednesday reception and whatnot, events the next couple days, leave sunday. Hotel info and stuff should be finalized this week.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
August 1-5, SoCal.

SoCal is BIG. Where?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I should amend that to include the 1st. Not an official day of activities, but we'll definitely have a reception like we did last year Wednesday night.

Southern California. I'm going nuts on the phone and internet today with RFP's and rentals etc trying to nail people and places down. Yar!

Definitely coming.. ! Won't miss this time !

Stefan

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

And oh BTW that is not during rush hour!!!

How goes it Steve.

Sam

That's one of the many reasons I left that place and moved to Texas. :eek

Now we know why Texas GT's are faster, it's a traffic thing. :rofl

Glad I don't live in Houston or Austin either, they are just as bad. :bang

:cheers

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
SOUNDS GOOD in So. Cal!

He's right, that time in Vegas would be 110-120 degrees, forget it. And not only is Saleen here in Irvine, but one of Ford's biggest headquarters also! The Ford Premier Group Building would be an excellent place. I like a lot of guys have spoken with the people here at Ford, and they're extremely supportive and enthusiastic about the GT. I am certain they would participate. Also, the Ford Premier Group Headquarters building in Irvine is THE gathering of cars on the West Coast every Saturday. Seems like a perfect fit!:banana

SOUNDS GOOD! Jay

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
Any more update on this?

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
will there be a cap like last year to the first 100? or is it open to all?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
August 1-5, SoCal. Same format as last time, arrive Wednesday reception and whatnot, events the next couple days, leave sunday. Hotel info and stuff should be finalized this week.

'Date on the above post was 1/29 ... Is the exact location pinned down now?:shrug

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
'Date on the above post was 1/29 ... Is the exact location pinned down now?:shrug

Yeah Larry, all 400 of us will be coming to your house, stock the bar and get a couple cases of toilet paper. Patience grasshopper:biggrin :lol :biggrin