ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I'm an eternal optimist and I've worked my ass off trying to put everything together here for Dave to review and modify or sign off on. It would be an understatement to say that trying to plan something during all the insanity going on in the country today has been maddening. Every great hotel I wanted to book was shut down completely and barricaded for a couple months. They didn't even answer their phones. Finally, I worked out a deal with an incredible hotel and we had almost all the pieces in place for a late October Rally.

But several obstacles beyond my control keep throwing up roadblocks. Arizona has been on a Covid-19 testing blitz for the last six weeks and of course that showed up a ton of mild or symptom-free cases but that still has our Governor threatening to shut down the bars again and all of Maricopa County requires face masks just about everywhere which is total buzz kill. I understand some states now require people returning from Arizona to quarantine for 14 days when they get back to their home states which is a big problem. And with the start of flu season in October/November some sort of a resurgence could result in all bars being closed here again which would kill one of the very best parts of our Rallies, the end of the day gatherings at the bar.

Nobody knows anything for sure but the team at my medical office told me that some sort of a vaccine may be available by the end of this year which would go a long way toward getting things back to normal.

As such, and after a lengthy talk with DBK last night we think it's best to delay Rally 13 for 2 to 5 months and plan on holding it around February/March. I'm genuinely sorry but things are what they are. I may well throw another one of my GT parties in October but a full-blown Rally is going to have to wait a few more months. Thanks for your understanding and I still look forward to seeing everybody here in Arizona at Rally 13. All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Kudos to you, Chip for all of the hard work. There's no doubt in my mind that you spent MANY hours trying every possibility and then some. Crazy times. In the interim, I'm good for some more wholesome dog rescue stories...

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thank You Chip for working so hard trying to put together a Forum Rally 13 against insurmountable roadblocks and unknowns that keep popping up! I know that when it happens it will be a great gathering for all and lots of fun! We all appreciate your hard work as no one is more determined than you! Keep up the updated on your new puppy! Sue and I are very happy that Charley is back in Arizona working with you! Stay safe moving forward during these unusual times my friend!

Reactions: Awsum GT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
As always thank you Chip and Dbk for all your work to try to put together R13
Whenever we can do it I’m in!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Thanks for the update, Chip, and for all the hard work that you and DBK do behind the scenes to keep things going.

Will look forward to updates as available, and to seeing everyone at Rally XIII.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
As others have said, a HUGE THANKS for all your efforts to try and pull something together this year. Sadly, the stars just won't align.

We WILL be there when the dust settles and we collectively enjoy the next Rally. It's not really my persona but I'll try and be patient!

McFord

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 3, 2015
Northeast Pennsylvania
Gentlemen,

I'm an eternal optimist and I've worked my ass off trying to put everything together here for Dave to review and modify or sign off on. It would be an understatement to say that trying to plan something during all the insanity going on in the country today has been maddening. Every great hotel I wanted to book was shut down completely and barricaded for a couple months. They didn't even answer their phones. Finally, I worked out a deal with an incredible hotel and we had almost all the pieces in place for a late October Rally.

But several obstacles beyond my control keep throwing up roadblocks. Arizona has been on a Covid-19 testing blitz for the last six weeks and of course that showed up a ton of mild or symptom-free cases but that still has our Governor threatening to shut down the bars again and all of Maricopa County requires face masks just about everywhere which is total buzz kill. I understand some states now require people returning from Arizona to quarantine for 14 days when they get back to their home states which is a big problem. And with the start of flu season in October/November some sort of a resurgence could result in all bars being closed here again which would kill one of the very best parts of our Rallies, the end of the day gatherings at the bar.

Nobody knows anything for sure but the team at my Medical Office told me that some sort of a vaccine may be available by the end of this year which would go a long way toward getting things back to normal.

As such, and after a lengthy talk with DBK last night we think it's best to delay Rally 13 for 2 to 5 months and plan on holding it around February/March. I'm genuinely sorry but things are what they are. I may well throw another one of my GT parties in October but a full-blown Rally is going to have to wait a few more months. Thanks for your understanding and I still look forward to seeing everybody here in Arizona at Rally 13. All the best.

Chip
Thank you for the update, looking forward to it. Stay Safe

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thanks as always for all your hard work. Many of us , myself included, need many months ahead to secure time to attend a rally and with all this covid madness a “ maybe “ rally does not work ( one that could be cancelled that is) . Postponing it when we have a better idea about a vaccine etc makes sense.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Thank you Chip. Another "green"spring" would make for some awesome mountain road drives.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Thank you Chip and Dave for your efforts for us in the GT community!! (y)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Okay

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

AND....just two hours after I put up this thread DBK sends me the news that Governor Ducey has just re-closed all AZ bars, night clubs, gyms, theaters, and gatherings of more than 50 people for at least the next 30 days. To quote Thomas Paine, "These are the times that try men's souls."

Chip

But I trust that.........

Someday_edited-1.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Oh maybe we should plan for a spring rally

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Gentlemen,

Nobody knows anything for sure but the team at my Medical Office told me that some sort of a vaccine may be available by the end of this year which would go a long way toward getting things back to normal.

Chip
Appreciate your hard work and yellow GT"s These are crazy times for sure.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Thank you for the update and all the hard work that is put into making these rallys the best gathering. It brings people together that would have never met and words can not be said for what that means to us all.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks for the update and all the hard work. We knew the delay was coming. On the bright side the weather hear late February early March is excellent. Those back northeast are going to love the visit to AZ.

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Thank you Chip & DBK for all the hard work and keeping a light at the end of the tunnel for us all. We will be ready when it's "Go Time "

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I also want to say thank you to
Chip and DBK.
I have been pondering everytime I checked the forum, if and when a rally would take place and my guess was the approx months you mention.
It's well past early November and the holidays. Should be a perfect time.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Understand the issues and appreciate the effort. Looking forward to seeing everyone ASAP.