Rally 11

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I wanted to start a new thread because I wanted most of the people that I spoke with during the rally to check it out and I didn't want this comment that I have to make to go unnoticed,

I would like to thank everyone that had a part in setting up the rally and also everyone that participated for making it a wonderful event that we have come to expect. I can truly say the people I meet at each rally are of the highest caliber people I have ever met and had the pleasure to spend time with and I thank everyone involved for their service and everyone else for their company.. now to the ugly......

I personally am really bad with names and forum handles I know that during this rally and the ones in the past that I have spoken to many forum members and somehow forget who they were or did not remember their names I apologize if I forgot your name I blame it on the fact that I was dropped on my head when I was younger...... probably many times , please accept this apology in advance also if in the future we speak and i don't remember our previous conversation or your name ( the forum handle does not make this easier)

soroush

ps I propose everyone to use their names as much as possible as to help me out in the future :)

cheers.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
As I have stated before for the same reason... we should all place a photo of ourselves in our profile so you can connect a face with a forum name.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
When Sue and I checked into the JW Marriott in Austin, Texas I walked all over the lobby looking for a PIANO as I had planned on having Soroush playing the piano as everyone checked in since this was the welcome back Rally for him. No one would forget his appearance, I can guarantee.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
When Sue and I checked into the JW Marriott in Austin, Texas I walked all over the lobby looking for a PIANO as I had planned on having Soroush playing the piano as everyone checked in since this was the welcome back Rally for him. No one would forget his appearance, I can guarantee.

haha thanks for the kind words Tomy

here is a preview then... perhaps when we have the rally in Houston :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfXRcthKoN0

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
haha thanks for the kind words Tomy

here is a preview then... perhaps when we have the rally in Houston :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfXRcthKoN0

Very cool.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
"Now you know the whole story", that's why I searched the lobby. Sue is sitting here in tears of joy. Please be sure all your wife's see this video. Wow, I can't wait for Rally 12. On behalf of Sue and I, thank you Dave for very quickly putting this all together with the help of our Austin friends and making these Rally's so very special.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
"Now you know the whole story", that's why I searched the lobby. Sue is sitting here in tears of joy. Please be sure all your wife's see this video. Wow, I can't wait for Rally 12. On behalf of Sue and I, thank you Dave for very quickly putting this all together with the help of our Austin friends and making these Rally's so very special.

Amazing talent for sure. It's fun to learn these things about other members. By way of example, many here probably don't know that Xcentric was a star basketball player in college.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Who are you? Do you own a Ford GT?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Im impressed! Now I know how you won Samantha over! Great seeing you my friend...

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

WOW! Never knew anything about your wonderful gift. Soroush, it was wonderful seeing you again. Hope to see you much more in the future! :thumbsup BTW way, we are the two in the middle. :biggrin Terry and Monica
20160916_120548.jpg

Attachments

• 20160916_120548.jpg
    20160916_120548.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 268

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
This crowd continues to impress. Bravo Soroush!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I wanted to start a new thread because I wanted most of the people that I spoke with during the rally to check it out and I didn't want this comment that I have to make to go unnoticed,

I would like to thank everyone that had a part in setting up the rally and also everyone that participated for making it a wonderful event that we have come to expect. I can truly say the people I meet at each rally are of the highest caliber people I have ever met and had the pleasure to spend time with and I thank everyone involved for their service and everyone else for their company.. now to the ugly......

I personally am really bad with names and forum handles I know that during this rally and the ones in the past that I have spoken to many forum members and somehow forget who they were or did not remember their names I apologize if I forgot your name I blame it on the fact that I was dropped on my head when I was younger...... probably many times , please accept this apology in advance also if in the future we speak and i don't remember our previous conversation or your name ( the forum handle does not make this easier)

soroush

ps I propose everyone to use their names as much as possible as to help me out in the future :)

cheers.

How could you ever forget "blue scratchy"?

Blue Scratchy is Soroush's suggestion for my new screen name - FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
As I have stated before for the same reason... we should all place a photo of ourselves in our profile so you can connect a face with a forum name.

totally agree!

Amazing talent for sure. It's fun to learn these things about other members. By way of example, many here probably don't know that Xcentric was a star basketball player in college.

thx, I always find it interesting to find the hidden talent in people, most are amazing

Who are you? Do you own a Ford GT?

Frank you have been to my house, did the piano not give it away?

Im impressed! Now I know how you won Samantha over! Great seeing you my friend...

Ron, Sam actually hates the piano :lol

WOW! Never knew anything about your wonderful gift. Soroush, it was wonderful seeing you again. Hope to see you much more in the future! :thumbsup BTW way, we are the two in the middle. :biggrin Terry and Monica
View attachment 44060

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
totally agree!

thx, I always find it interesting to find the hidden talent in people, most are amazing

Frank you have been to my house, did the piano not give it away?

Ron, Sam actually hates the piano :lol

thx Terry. this helps a lot, you can rest assured I will not forget for the next rally

thx steve now post a picture :)

Chris I will definitely not forget blue scratchy but do tell the story...

Oh yea, I forgot I told you about what happened at the dealership. I took my GT into a dealer to get it serviced. They had the car for about a week and put a nice 9 inch scratch into the fender. I have purchased 16 new Fords from that dealership, plus helped my employees purchase new cars there. I have sent many people over there to purchase new cars too. Did any of the regular Fords get scratched? Nooooo, just the ultra rare super car. No biggie. Things happen in life and they paid to have the car fixed at a body shop of my choice. It has a perfect repair and I will probably have more damage as time goes on, since I plan to drive the crap out of it. Let's hope not, on the "more damage" thing.
0ad0d28debf70523477ec87832147f52.jpg

Hence, Soroush's suggestion for the screen name of "Blue Scratchy"

Last edited:

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Ben Beckert - just in case you forget what he looks like!

Dr Ben Beckert- Beckert on the forum in case you forget what he looks like.... hahaha

Attachments

• BenYellowgt.jpg
    BenYellowgt.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 224

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Dr Ben Beckert- Beckert on the forum in case you forget what he looks like.... hahaha

Once you have seen that, you can never unsee it. I will never forget that name and face.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

That is the nicest pair of shorts I have ever seen on Ben! Usually he is wearing cutoff scrubs..

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Simon, now he is married Amanda helps dress him i think.

I will never forget the light up shoes at the reception.

Thugboat

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Do you mean these, Larry?

39be42909505b5a098989037db274187.jpg

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Oh yea, I forgot I told you about what happened at the dealership. I took my GT into a dealer to get it serviced. They had the car for about a week and put a nice 9 inch scratch into the fender. I have purchased 16 new Fords from that dealership, plus helped my employees purchase new cars there. I have sent many people over there to purchase new cars too. Did any of the regular Fords get scratched? Nooooo, just the ultra rare super car. No biggie. Things happen in life and they paid to have the car fixed at a body shop of my choice. It has a perfect repair and I will probably have more damage as time goes on, since I plan to drive the crap out of it. Let's hope not, on the "more damage" thing.
0ad0d28debf70523477ec87832147f52.jpg

Hence, Soroush's suggestion for the screen name of "Blue Scratchy"

at this point anything would be better than 07XL0027 :lol

:rofl and LMAO at the same time , Larry you win the best pic award