Raj on Cover of Autoweek

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I just got home from France yesterday. Going through my mail and I came across this.. of course now we know the final outcome !! Reminds me of the " Terminator " Half man Half Machine !! :biggrin Congrats to Raj and the entire team !!

Attachments

• 2016-06-29 10.31.44.jpg
    2016-06-29 10.31.44.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Same experience for Susan and I. Just put big smiles on our faces.

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Same experience for Susan and I. Just put big smiles on our faces.

Vince H
I was really great to see you and Susan there !! You guys are probably still unpacking your gift bags !! :biggrin

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Congrats Raj!
Well deserved for the risk....

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Congrats Raj!
Well deserved for the risk....

Bill, the 'old' Ford was risk adverse, the 'new' Ford seems to be a bit more tolerant. :wink

Yes, and a hearty congratulations to Mr. Nair and his Team.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I was really great to see you and Susan there !! You guys are probably still unpacking your gift bags !! :biggrin
Haha! For sure. There is no explanation that can be given from the joy we get when all the Forum gets together. Victory at Le Mans and to be there to celebrate with everyone will forever be a highlight in my life. But you already know that because you probably feel the same.

Vince H

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Great story... Raj is pretty accomplished... racing on the ground and in the air! I hear he even has a garage named after him in central California!

Wonder how many car magazine covers the GT will be on after the epic win at Le Mans...

Topnotch

Dec 2, 2015
cover.jpg

Mar 15, 2006
Very well deserved. Congrats Raj and team!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
cool, good guys do finish first !

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Well deserved to be on the cover!

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The Article is a great read. Makes me wonder how he can do it all and find time to pop in here too !! Thanks Raj for all you have done !!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Raj, if you are checking in here... Hope your elbow feels better! Raj fell off the pit wall at Le Mans and whacked himself pretty good.

Raj Nair

Ford GT Team Alumni
Mar 10, 2015
Thanks for all the comments, guys.

Sorry I didn't get to see many of you at Le Mans but thanks for all of your support! Certainly was a great week for the entire extended Ford family!

Thanks for asking about the elbow. I was hoping that no one saw me fall off the pit wall right before the start of the race. They popped my elbow back in place at the track but when I got back to Detroit I found out that it was actually fractured. I'm out of the cast now and in a brace so all is well.

Thanks again to all of you who supported and believed in us on the road to Le Mans!

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I was hoping that no one saw me fall off the pit wall right before the start of the race....
You're just lucky that didn't turn into part of the winning formula.

1) Prep cars to perfection
2) Qualify well
3) Push Raj off a wall
4) Win race

:lol

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
You're just lucky that didn't turn into part of the winning formula.

1) Prep cars to perfection
2) Qualify well
3) Push Raj off a wall
4) Win race

:lol

That's funny!

Maybe shouldn't have brought that up. Racers being the 'superstitious' bunch that they can be, might just adopt the practice.....could be painful! :lol

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
That's funny!

Maybe shouldn't have brought that up. Racers being the 'superstitious' bunch that they can be, might just adopt the practice.....could be painful! :lol

Just engineer around it.

'Why is there a crash mat next to the Ford area on the wall?'
'No reason, don't move it just yet though, there's a good chap...'

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Sorry I didn't get to see many of you at Le Mans but thanks for all of your support! Certainly was a great week for the entire extended Ford family!

Thanks for asking about the elbow. I was hoping that no one saw me fall off the pit wall right before the start of the race. They popped my elbow back in place at the track but when I got back to Detroit I found out that it was actually fractured. I'm out of the cast now and in a brace so all is well.

Thanks again to all of you who supported and believed in us on the road to Le Mans!

Happy to hear you are healing quickly !! Le Mans was Epic.. a life time of memories.. !! I think the " Admiral " would be the perfect Nick name for you ..:biggrin There is no "I" in soul but we know your role in making this happen so I salute you !! :usa:usa See you at Lime Rock !!

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca

Wow! didn't see or hear about that. Glad things are on the menz... Keep up the good work... See you at COTA!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Happy to hear you are healing quickly !! Le Mans was Epic.. a life time of memories.. !! I think the " Admiral " would be the perfect Nick name for you ..:biggrin There is no "I" in soul but we know your role in making this happen so I salute you !! :usa:usa See you at Lime Rock !!

Good idea Stormy!:thumbsup

"The Captain" has already been claimed by that other guy.....
Besides Admiral is higher up the totem pole.