Racing Harnesses - Product and Installation

BigBrain

GT Owner
Aug 26, 2010
Central Maryland
I have searched the forum on this question, but did not see any specifics. Maybe I missed it.

I am looking to install racing harnesses in one of my GTs. Several companies install these, I just want to do my own. Please provide some recommendations on products and installation / attachment points.

Thanks.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Had the above mentioned harnesses and mounts installed in my car by Shelby. Anxious to see how it looks in person.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ralphie is absolutely right. You need Wally's harness bar. Belts can be any kind. Ed Sims has a nice thread about his installation with pictures. Go to the Livermore Performance site for belt hook-ups. Use the Porsche boxster ones, one inboard, one outboard for each seat. You can get various brands of belts. I have the SafeCraft, a sponsor here. Go to the SafeCraft website and you will have an idea of what's out there. Get PULL-UP type lapbelts, cause it's too hard to use the pull-down type. Most of us have 6 point harnesses.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Wally's are the way to go. They look fantastic and they are great for the track. You won't regret it.

Not to mention...you can easily take out after the track and go back to OEM belts. In fact, I'm putting mine "back in" today to prep for VIR.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
PM sent
I also have Wally's set up and they work great!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Totally agree! Call Wally, they are very responsive and qix. Plus the set up they put together for the GT is a turn-key set up for the GTs. Why try to reinvent the wheels when it is already been done and tried & true.....

GTED

Aug 25, 2006
Both Wally and SafeCraft have a bolt in system designed specific the the Ford GT; in fact they work together with many of the pieces.

Very nice

Shadowman